1/8 tsp of DL to 1 gallon of 6.3 ro water bubbled for 24-36 hours gives me 33 ppms with 8 ph. Gonna scrap the bucket and try 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon

1/8 tsp of DL to 1 gallon of 6.3 ro water bubbled for 24-36 hours gives me 33 ppms with 8 ph. Gonna scrap the bucket and try 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon
Maybe try a bigger water source. Go with a 5 gallon pail of RO and see if it makes a difference?

I tried out my new refractometer tonight on both my sacrificial plant in veg, and my newly flipped CBD plant. Both came in at a rather uninspired 9 brix.

I need a better method to get the drop of leaf juice. I plucked a couple of fingers, rolled them up, mashed them with the side of a spoon and then squeezed the thing between two spoons. That took way too much of my life away that I'll never get back. :confused:

But, at least I have a baseline from which to work.

I tried out my new refractometer tonight on both my sacrificial plant in veg, and my newly flipped CBD plant. Both came in at a rather uninspired 9 brix.

I need a better method to get the drop of leaf juice. I plucked a couple of fingers, rolled them up, mashed them with the side of a spoon and then squeezed the thing between two spoons. That took way too much of my life away that I'll never get back. :confused:

But, at least I have a baseline from which to work.
9 is fine in veg, you will go up into flower when calcium and phosphorus really start to flow. Remember, raising the level of production of the microbes is a very viable way to raise brix, not just nutrients. Is the line at 9 crisp or fuzzy?

Screenshot_20230202_164702_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230202_164629_Gallery.jpg
20230202_164523.jpg
20230202_164517.jpg

Wow what a difference. 24 hours ago the clones were limp, now they are almost praying. I hope thats a good thing.

9 is fine in veg, you will go up into flower when calcium and phosphorus really start to flow. Remember, raising the level of production of the microbes is a very viable way to raise brix, not just nutrients. Is the line at 9 crisp or fuzzy?
Pretty crisp which I think you said indicated a Ca weakness so I gave it my normal flower nutes with added WCA.

I'll work on upping the microbes next with my JMS.

I need a better method to get the drop of leaf juice. I plucked a couple of fingers, rolled them up, mashed them with the side of a spoon and then squeezed the thing between two spoons.
I was never able to get much but a lot of frustration from using 2 spoons, but a garlic press or even pliers work great.

Pretty crisp which I think you said indicated a Ca weakness so I gave it my normal flower nutes with added WCA.

I'll work on upping the microbes next with my JMS.
20230202_181009.jpg
Screenshot_20230202_181242_Gallery.jpg

Azi check it out. I'm at 9 on this swick plant too but look how fuzzy the line is.

I haven't added any microbe teas, just water and fish ferts so far.

Once the clones are cut I will ramp up microbes and head into flower.

I hope theres some phosphorus in there. The third of this pot that was used soil was from my bin of 2nd rate used soil from experiments gone by, but the tilth looked really nice.

I have no idea where the minerals are at and I never added any layers or spikes.

Lets see what EWC, used dirt, and coco can do. The myco seems strong.

20230203_060225.jpg

The whorled phyllotax baby is doing well.

20230203_060232.jpg

Hard to tell from the picture but it has a beefy stalk. I hope its a girl.

The last one I had only grew 3 nodes on the 1st set of leaves. Each branch coming from there only grew the conventional 2.

If its a girl I will let it go untopped to watch it.

Here is a good example of what Earthworm castings can do. The same plant 4 days apart but the EWC was actually added yesterday and gently spray-watered in, so really its 1 day apart.

Two heaping teaspoons is all I added.
20230130_171821.jpg

Jan30

20230203_055159.jpg

Feb 3rd

20230203_055159.jpg

One of the 3 tortured souls who sold their bodies to science didn't get ewc yesterday.

Any guesses?

Pretty cool how even the brutalized bottom leaves start to lift with vigor when a high-cal(cium) dinner arrives. 😎

The swicking plant stopped swicking again.

The reservoir was about half empty and it just stopped so the 6 inches from the surface of the reservoir and the base of the pot seems to be its limit of upward draw.

I refilled the reservoir to the top and will see if it restores itself.

I wonder if maybe topping 6 limbs at once stopped the uptake?

I guess we see what happens when it gets back down to the 6" mark.

I added EWC to the top of the pot today but I am going to hold off on watering it in to see if swicking restores itself.

I won't use this swicky-pad again, I don't think its absorbant enough.

20230203_060225.jpg

The whorled phyllotax baby is doing well.

20230203_060232.jpg

Hard to tell from the picture but it has a beefy stalk. I hope its a girl.

The last one I had only grew 3 nodes on the 1st set of leaves. Each branch coming from there only grew the conventional 2.

If its a girl I will let it go untopped to watch it.
@CaptainLucky check this out.
I won't use this swicky-pad again, I don't think its absorbant enough.
Wasn't your one the one made by your wife and the plant had the fantastic roots, or am I mixing you up with another member? I just changed my one swicky pad today actually. The one I flushed. I cut a grow bag into a swicky pad big enough for the potted plant. I think it was @Hashhound who used the cut up cloth plant pots too, was satisfied and recommended it.

Thanks Gee! Please will you let us know in the swicky thread too how it progresses?

Wasn't your one the one made by your wife and the plant had the fantastic roots, or am I mixing you up with another member? I just changed my one swicky pad today actually. The one I flushed. I cut a grow bag into a swicky pad big enough for the potted plant. I think it was @Hashhound who used the cut up cloth plant pots too, was satisfied and recommended it.

Thanks Gee! Please will you let us know in the swicky thread too how it progresses?
It wasn’t me, I was the one asking about the $ store jars I found n if they would work as a swick. CL🍀

It was the one with the great roots.

I think if I keep the reservoir full it will be fine, but all we can do is watch and see. I have to topwater the EWC in eventually,so if I have to prime it again oh well, it just takes a bit of time.

I just want to see if wicking restarts on its own.

I also have another wife-made swicky-pad of much more absorbant looking synthetic, I will try it on the next pot.

It wasn’t me, I was the one asking about the $ store jars I found n if they would work as a swick. CL🍀
Somehow we have wires crossed :) I called your attention to the photo from Gee which shows the dollar store console jars in action in swick is it not? I can confuse myself sometimes :passitleft:

I think it was Gee's wife who made his swicky pads so that was a separate reference because he is saying he is not entirely happy with the swicky pad he is using. I still don't know if I have the right member for this one... and I haven't even touched cannabis today yet.... too busy, haven't stopped for 14 hours of chores and crap.

Somehow we have wires crossed :) I called your attention to the photo from Gee which shows the dollar store console jars in action in swick is it not? I can confuse myself sometimes :passitleft:

I think it was Gee's wife who made his swicky pads so that was a separate reference because he is saying he is not entirely happy with the swicky pad he is using. I still don't know if I have the right member for this one... and I haven't even touched cannabis today yet.... too busy, haven't stopped for 14 hours of chores and crap.
I’m confused now Idk? lol CL🤣

Back
Top Bottom