The Germinator's Dr Krippling Feminized Incredible Bulk DWC Grow 2017

Hey Germ, which exact GH nutes do you use? Just curious cuz your roots have no staining and look the bomb.
Thank You.
420-magazine-mobile800908894.jpg

Explosion on the dwc when you flip.

What's your thoughts on changing to hps to start 12/12 versus leaving mh bulb in for two weeks? Thank You

A few pics tonight. I am really loving training the dirt plant. Since it was a test seed/plant it's allowed me to try things I would normally be afraid to do.
I moved my setup around. So far so good.
Day 2 flip.
5.9ph
800ppm
68 degree water
76 degree air.
My ec/ppm meter says 2275 on ec. How do I convert that?
420-magazine-mobile177356073.jpg
420-magazine-mobile448475943.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1109188441.jpg

Ec at 2275 doesnt sound right to me. Was there decimal places anywhere in that number? How did you get to 800ppm from that?

If I set the meter on ppm I get approx 1130.
If I set it on ec I get 2275.
My base water ppm is almost 300 so my actual ppm of nutes is 800.
My question is why does ec say 2275? Is that 2.275? Meaning 2.2?

Your meter is just reading in "micro" siemens (µS) same as mine does. If you move the decimal place you get an ec of 2.275 S which is what the Blue Lab and many other meters read in. The ppm reading of 1130 is also correct on the 0.5 scale. If you have a third scale of either 0.67 or 0.7 then thats your TDS reading. Your meter will read ec always and then mathematically correlate to display a ppm or tds reading. Companies use different formulas for they're ppm and tds calculations which is why you can't compare your ppm or tds to someone else's with any certainty. On the other hand, ec from yours to mine to everybody else's meter will always be compatible if we're all calibrated correctly.

Ok makes sense now. 2.2ec is a little high fir dwc grow but if plants look fine then that isnt a problem. It can go higher but generally ec of around 1.8 is bang on for dwc. But it depends in plant size, light source, water temps and strain. But thinking of that the Bulk can take a heavy nute schedule when environment is good.

For me using EC as the measurement is best because its universal. If i talk in ppm i could be using a 500 scale and someone else could be using différent scale like 700 so it wouldnt be right. EC is EC no matter how you looking at it .

Ok makes sense now. 2.2ec is a little high fir dwc grow but if plants look fine then that isnt a problem.

I generally can never get past about 1.5 but like you say, if its working don't fix it.

Nice entry for Plant of the Month Cultivator. Theres some big ole heavy nugs there. Nice job.

I got my new pen today. I'll let you know if it's any good. My other pen just needed batteries. Duh. . haha.
420-magazine-mobile1943784826.jpg

Batteries lol. Ive done that so many times haha.

Nice entry for Plant of the Month Cultivator. Theres some big ole heavy nugs there. Nice job.

Thanks mate. To be honest inhave no expec8rtation of anything from it but we see. Its just a bit of fun and most people just vote for their mates, the best plant rarely wins in my opinion, not that mine is the best but anyway its good fun. That plant actualĺy came down a week to 10days early because the guy i share that room with was desperate to get it down. Never mind plenty more to grow....

I don't think my ec is 2.2 because we're not subtracting the base ec of my Tap water.
My tap is about 275 ppm. I don't know the base reading in ec. But I bet if you subtract it from 2275 it would be about 1.8 :) right?

Back
Top Bottom