The Great July 4th Smok-a-thon of 2016!

So envious of you and Rifleman!

Careful what you wish for. After years of 60 hour weeks retirement can be a shock. The abundance of time to fill can be overwhelming. Luckily I've managed to adapt through the use of copious amounts of a magical green leafy substance, a renewed interesting in reading, and a never ending list of honeydews. :)

Picture mi amigo. Picture. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Who can resist that flirty little blinking eyelash emoji. I know I can't! Here you go, Sue.

Not exactly an on-the-go stealth model, but it fits in the hand easy enough. I see this as an around the house vape. Me and the missus don't generally smoke in one dedicated spot, so a tabletop model didn't make sense for us. This one has a 90 minute battery life, and is large enough not to get lost between the couch cushions.

untitled-4507.jpg

untitled-242.jpg

The bowl is big enough for two people, and it's easy to access with a quarter turn of the top piece.

untitled-2-4.jpg

untitled-2-5.jpg

The below shows the unit with top back in place, and the next picture shows the mouthpiece rotated out into the business position.

untitled-2-2.jpg

untitled-2-3.jpg

As mentioned before, it's a bit pricey but well worth it for something that will get as much use as we'll be giving it. I give it two thumbs up! :thumb::thumb:

Very nice. My DaVinci is much the same in design, but this one has features that are sweet, like that straw. Very nice. The DaVinci is being used by my daughter these days. If I can switch her to capsules I'll get it back. :laughtwo:

To celebrate the holiday, I chopped one of my Darkstar plants. It may have been a week early, but what the hey... Close enough for government work! I flash dry a few nugs for the celebration. I know it won't taste the best just yet, but it'll get me there!

Wet weight was 620g. Anyone have a guess what that will be when dry?

untitled-4491.jpg

untitled-4499.jpg

untitled-4506.jpg

SlowToke, I calculate your dry weight estimate at 124 grams. I figure dry at 20% of wet. It usually comes in pretty close to that. Well done mi amigo. :high-five:

Reps on the harvest. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Very nice. My DaVinci is much the same in design, but this one has features that are sweet, like that straw. Very nice. The DaVinci is being used by my daughter these days. If I can switch her to capsules I'll get it back. :laughtwo:
Which DaVinci? I have the DaVinci accent. I feel I don't get the vapor clouds and the amount in a hit that I am supposed to. I have tried from 360 degrees to 400 degrees and it changes the flavor but not the amount in a pull.

Which DaVinci? I have the DaVinci accent. I feel I don't get the vapor clouds and the amount in a hit that I am supposed to. I have tried from 360 degrees to 400 degrees and it changes the flavor but not the amount in a pull.

Boy, are you lucky. :laughtwo: growchick's son took time to learn how to make the DaVinci Accent shine over the holidays and she shared that info with us at supergroomer's coffee and bud cafe. Enjoy.

SlowToke, some of this may be relevant to you as well.

Dearest SweetSue - you are too extroverted to "go quiet" so please don't. Besides, you'll miss my stunning 36 page write up on how to use the Da Vinci portable vape. Which is coming soon. Not.

I can say, though, this thing is by far the best portable vape unit I've ever used - it actually works and it doesn't get too messy (even though it's a pain to load). I don't think it's possible to get a better one.

It holds enough for 3 people to hit for 30-45 minutes continually. If you want less, use the little glass jar that is supposed to hold oils as a spacer by pressing a little ground bud under it in the chamber and leave the empty glass jar in with the weed. This thing seems to work best when the chamber is full of ground and then compacted buds. The material needs to stay at the bottom of the chamber in contact with the sides and floor of the chamber. If you're not filling it all the way full (or using the spacer glass to make it full), it can float around in the chamber while you are drawing air over it and not heat enough. I have started using the pollen press to press about .3 g of ground weed, then kind of pinching it with my fingers into an oval shape instead of round and then putting it in the chamber along with the glass jar. Today, I've packed it as full as it will go of ground bud and am just turning it off and on as I need more. I turn it off before I take the final 2 hits so that by the time I take the last hit I want, it's starting to cool off, and I feel like it's not continuing to vape the unvaped bud while I'm not active.

The son spent hours reading reviews on the internet and tweaking the process LOL He liked to take a small hit or two as it was coming to temperature at around 220-280 degrees to get just a flavor hit - you really experience the taste of the plant there. Packed full and used with my water bong, it likes to be at 410. Packed 1/3 full and using the glass and toking on it directly, it likes to be at about 390. He liked to start a full bowl at 380-390 and turn the temp up by 10 degrees every 15 minutes until 410 to get the most impact out of the bowls.

Also, you can put ground bud in the bottom of the chamber and put kief in the glass jar on top of the bud in the chamber. This makes a very strong hit! (Don't use the little black lid for the jar - just the jar).

Compared to the Gpen Pro - this thing is 1000 times better. It has kept me from giving up on vaping. My son says it's as good or better than the Pax 2, which he said a friend of his had. The hit is not quite as satisfyingly large as a hit off a water bong, but it's sufficient enough vapor that you can see it - about 1/3 what you would produce off a draw from a new e-cig.

My son did some VERY thorough unit testing on this device. I had an ounce and half of cured buds when he got here. Those are now gone. He's really put this thing through its paces ;)

Boy, are you lucky. :laughtwo: growchick's son took time to learn how to make the DaVinci Accent shine over the holidays and she shared that info with us at supergroomer's coffee and bud cafe. Enjoy.

SlowToke, some of this may be relevant to you as well.
Thank you very much for that sue! There are settings so you can have it automatically up the temp every so often if you choose. I'll have to give it a go a bit later. +Reps!

I was kept awake last night with all of the Boom Boom's of fireworks going on and it's not even Sunday night yet. LOL

I saved some for ya'll to wake up with:

4th_of_july_fireworks.jpg

Wake and Bake everyone!

What an awesome and festive idea!!!

To celebrate the holiday, I chopped one of my Darkstar plants. It may have been a week early, but what the hey... Close enough for government work! I flash dry a few nugs for the celebration. I know it won't taste the best just yet, but it'll get me there!

untitled-4491.jpg

untitled-4499.jpg

untitled-4506.jpg

Wow those are some chunkers!!!! huge buds, very nice!!!

Dry weight... my guess... 240g

I think I would guess 130 grams. 20-25% of the wet weight is usually a good number to go with :) Very nice harvest!

Thanks all :) finished up 6 of the 8 yesterday, will do the remaining 2 today :) the scissor hash is so tasty!! love it!

That was some nice looking bud harvested!! Good job. I also have some scissor hash from trimming last night, will share here once my upload is done!

Morning everyone!! Hope you all are well or hungover haha! Here is something to brighten up your morning so just keep on relaxing.. You may not want to move after having some of this lovely stuff :)

Wake n' bake hauling on the 710 oil vape with my Candy Cane Auto extract inside.. mmmm
Also I have brought a small amount of scissor hash from my Amnesia Haze Auto's that I trimmed up last night. I forgot the picture of the hash ball though, was to eager to try it out and then I was to stoned after from puffing on both to remember to take the picture... stoner moments haha

Here are a few pictures of some buds and harvest of the 2 Amnesia Haze plants. There's one cola that grew twin heads, it looks like a devil after being trimmed up haha!

I was kept awake last night with all of the Boom Boom's of fireworks going on and it's not even Sunday night yet.

Me, too... the redneck variety. I hope everyone was firing into the ground instead of the air. There have been public service announcements aplenty about how rounds fired into the air can kill but, well... they sell the hardest drug of all (alcohol) hereabouts, so I better go look at the outside of my house.

Not exactly an on-the-go stealth model

That would be the Crafty. Which I thought looked pretty awesome - but then I thought, "Do folks really want Google, their cell phone service provider, and random script-kiddies knowing that they bought/use a high-dollar vaporizer," lol? Okay, actually I just thought that in a vaporizer that appears to have a non-(user-)replaceable battery, choosing the one that has (+/-) twice the battery life between charges might make the unit last longer before having to send it back for a $50-$75 battery service. So your Plenty might, technically, be a better value even though it costs a little more.

Looks real nice. With any other brand, I'd think it'd be plastic, but with a Storz & Bickel product... Are those fins on the body a black-anodized aluminum heatsink? Does it stand up between hits (alone, or with some kind of stand)?

I hope you bought it from a sponsor or other reputable (approved by S&B) dealer - there are already enough cheap Chinese clones out there (ranging from "doesn't work very well" and "doesn't work for long" all the way to "doesn't work at all" and "every hit comes with free toxic vapors!") that S&B has created a document about how to tell the real thing from the knock-offs.

I really like the concept of a vaporizer with multiple (and known) temperature settings, so one with a digital temperature setting is always going to catch my eye.

BtW, what's the warranty on those things? Lifetime, or only five years (or...)?

Back
Top Bottom