The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone storing the MC after u grind it up

Graciass

Hola mi amigo!

I use a big ass tupperware that can fit the whole 22lb bag. (I think it's actually rubbermaid, but whatever. What kind of coke do you want? Need a skill saw?)

I also don't bother grinding mine up. Never been an issue. I mix up in a 5gal bucket (even for the 50gal, that I then mix into the barrel) with a drill paddle. Smokes it, no problem.

Hola mi amigo!

I use a big ass tupperware that can fit the whole 22lb bag. (I think it's actually rubbermaid, but whatever. What kind of coke do you want? Need a skill saw?)

I also don't bother grinding mine up. Never been an issue. I mix up in a 5gal bucket (even for the 50gal, that I then mix into the barrel) with a drill paddle. Smokes it, no problem.

Soda pop for me...lol

I never ground it before but may try this time...I may not...not sure yet

I'm not much of a measurererer with weight
, I like my measuring spoooooons, but we shall see

Have a question don't have time to read whole thread
Just got some mega crop for this grow
It appears there is some white stuff at the bottom of the jug after I mix it and even let it sit for a day
Anyone have this problem as well?

It just won't dissolve

What are you using for water? Do you know the EC? What concentration are you mixing at? From GLN: "The type of insoluble from Mega Crop when mixing at high concentration, is a white powder type sulfur/calcium substance, however as mentioned previously, after 12-24 hours in normal water supply, this will dissolve nearly fully completely"

Graciass
Never thought about grinding it up. It's already damn near a powder, except for the pebbles. I use a 1.5x1.5x18 inch piece of wood to stir it up in warm water in a half filled 5 gallon bucket (then fill the bucket to 4 gallons afterward and stir again). And I use the butt of the wood to beat those pebbles into submission. If I get a little powdery stuff in the bottom of the bucket, I don't care. I just stir it again before use. :Rasta:

What are you using for water? Do you know the EC? What concentration are you mixing at? From GLN: "The type of insoluble from Mega Crop when mixing at high concentration, is a white powder type sulfur/calcium substance, however as mentioned previously, after 12-24 hours in normal water supply, this will dissolve nearly fully completely"
Using tap water which is Brita filtered
I grow in soil and also mix 4 grams to a gallon
Not sure what you mean by EC
Will try to let it sit after adding to water for 24 hours then apply to pots
Thanks

omg .... :straightface:

we're back to grinding the shit up...
was all solved here .... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks

anything hand watered has no need to worry about precipitate. it's only an issue in rdwc applications.
just stir the mix between feedings and go about your life happy. :)

Thanks

A Brita filter removes some, but not all minerals from the water. If you have water with a heavy mineral content, much of it will pass through the Brita. This is why I asked for the EC.

At 4gm / US gal, you should have no white particles in the water, if you have a low enough EC. However, you may have brown particles which are organic matter that won't dissolve. This is normal.

EC is the conductivity of water. TDS/PPM are other measurements that do the same. EC is universal, while TDS/PPM is regional. There are at least four 'standards' used to measure PPM, which vary from 500 to 700 PPM per 1 EC. That's why I ask for EC rather than PPM.

Have a question don't have time to read whole thread
Just got some mega crop for this grow

hiya @Pepperhead - dunno know if anyone threw this at you as well

it's sorely behind, but may answer some current and future questions about the nute.

Graciass

ground or not it is best to store MC in a sealed container. airtight or semi - airtight is best, MC attracts moisture, and can clump up under very humid conditions. it just attracts more water once it does...

full

once wet it won't dry. it can be mixed out and used if you like. you'll need to be on a ppm / ec basis to be accurate however.

the 9.9 kg bags of MC pour nicely in to the 2.5 gallon plastic bucket you can find at popular hardware stores. they come with lids for longer term storage. for daily use i divvied some up in cleaned up coconut oil jars.

full

old peanut butter containers and coffee containers are other popular choices. :)

Put my mother plant in the veg tent. Still feeding @ 4g. She was huge so I pulled 20 clones and performed some hardcore supercropping and ziptie bondage.

IMG_20200308_105635427.jpg

Here are the clones. Being fed 2g MC & 5ml of GH Bioroot per gal. Currently residing in my flower room with the male plant under 24hr lights. Once the clones root I'll flip everything to 12/12.

IMG_20200308_105658336.jpg

Last we have our suspected male. Feeding @ 4g per gal as well. I'll leave him in with the clones for now. Once he's ripe I'll collect the pollen for my MJDNA bank. Thinking about a BdayCake x OG Cheese cross.
OG Cheesecake?
IMG_20200308_105715678.jpg

old peanut butter containers and coffee containers are other popular choices. :)

yep, folgers, black silk,, we gotta keep that ole folgers lady workin

Thanks bud.

Great job compiling all this awesomeness into a solid guidebook. :thumb:

A Brita filter removes some, but not all minerals from the water. If you have water with a heavy mineral content, much of it will pass through the Brita. This is why I asked for the EC.

At 4gm / US gal, you should have no white particles in the water, if you have a low enough EC. However, you may have brown particles which are organic matter that won't dissolve. This is normal.

EC is the conductivity of water. TDS/PPM are other measurements that do the same. EC is universal, while TDS/PPM is regional. There are at least four 'standards' used to measure PPM, which vary from 500 to 700 PPM per 1 EC. That's why I ask for EC rather than PPM.
Thanks for the info:thumb:

Graciass
I got my stored in a little plastic supplement container with one of those dry pack things you get in food. It seems to seal pretty tightly too, protein containers would be good if you want to grind up the whole bag or something

Attachments

• 20200308_122801.jpg
    20200308_122801.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200308_122702.jpg
    20200308_122702.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom