The VipersNest Continuous

anyone who says that they can pull off a perfect high yield pull is either a 1% grower or a liar. I strive to be the 1%er...it takes several years

very nicely said. ill be a 1%er on a motorcycle way before i will on continuous grows..lol But hopeful soon the light tech will get crazy and 1gpw will be considered a low yield. $hit i cant wait for that day. i cant wait until plasma gets further on tech.

anyone who says that they can pull off a perfect high yield pull is either a 1% grower or a liar. I strive to be the 1%er...it takes several years

I stand by my numbers bro. The 7 ounce doublefun I have pics and I have pics of various other plants that are big budded. The 4lb grow was done during winter with 2 1000s and 2 600s.(.56gr per watt) Only done it once because I was freaked by the electric bill. I wish I had pics of that but lost them when hg went down. I grow small with the cap now(1000w) and its a good way for me to introduce reg seed to my grow ops. I would be a lier if I told ya I average .56gr. I don't, its more like .4gr plus but I want to make permanent increases. For me that means equipment upgrades, I used to have a great grow room but it got canibalized when I opened up more rooms. (buying everything times 3 sux) I grow a lot of weed, but its by shear power x space powered by experience degraded by laziness.

I couldn't agree more! Getting a CONSISTENT 1g/w is that top 1%. I'm hoping to break into I guess what I'd call the top 10% with this scrog and hit .75-.85 g/w and I am growing denser than I thought I could. All I'm saying is that learning curve continues a long time as Pit said. Its steep at the beginning and you learn lots - and its relatively easy to get a plant done at .5 g/w. Then you keep learning, and the techniques and methods get more refined and particular, and one's skill at spotting problems (the hardest part in my opinion) gets better and you add small increases slowly.

Sorta like school. Its easy to get a C. B takes work. To get an A you really have to be good at something AND work hard. And to get that A+ you gotta be the best of the best.

Thanks to folks like Pit - school is in session.

:thanks::rollit:

Thats the perfect analogy...Can slum your way through it and get something but don't expect anything fantastic

I am sorry you guys feel that way. I have been growing for several years and read and learned quite a bit. Growing isn't linear, the more you grow the better you get is bullshit. Its like working out, you get stronger and then you hit this invisible wall and then you just don't get stronger and you get fustrated, hurt yourself and become weaker now its back to square one. To grow great yeild takes equipment to improve grow ops. The better the environment the better the grow. If you don't get what I am saying you haven't done this long enough. I could do a Heath vert replica and get 1gr plus per watt but I don't believe its possible with the cap even with co2 and perfect timing so I don't worry about gr per watt with the cap.

I am sorry you guys feel that way. I have been growing for several years and read and learned quite a bit. Growing isn't linear, the more you grow the better you get is bullshit. Its like working out, you get stronger and then you hit this invisible wall and then you just don't get stronger and you get fustrated, hurt yourself and become weaker now its back to square one. To grow great yeild takes equipment to improve grow ops. The better the environment the better the grow. If you don't get what I am saying you haven't done this long enough. I could do a Heath vert replica and get 1gr plus per watt but I don't believe its possible with the cap even with co2 and perfect timing so I don't worry about gr per watt with the cap.

The easiest way to grow 1g/w is to sprout 70 seeds in a 4x4 area, 12/12 from the get-go. 1000watt HPS. Pull the males at about day 14-20 and go from there.

47 females, 2 ounces each=.94g/watt.

It's doable. 30 plants, 2 oz each under a 600watt will get you there too.

It only works with certain strains.

Where I am plant #s are the limiting factor for me. I don't go by gpw standard. For me I can have as many lights as I want but I am limited by plant numbers. For me I go by cycle time and amount per plant. To get good results you need everything in place down to a T. You need optimal genetics, environment, and skill. I was reading a thread about all the little things that add up to get the big numbers and it is so true, it is all the little variables all the way from the cutting/seed to curing, that add up when you want to get 1gpw. I have seen 1gpw done on many different systems, many different styles of grow, with all sorts of different equipment but the thing they had all in common was a grower that did 101 things right at the right time. That is why I love coming on here and watching some of the top growers that have been doing it for years with everything dialed in. Really keeps me motivated to stay on top of everything. Still have a long way to go. I have just one harvest under my belt and another one to come but I can't get over how much I have learned.

:peace:

My best pull to date is 255 grams from 400w. I thought I could increase efficiency through the wheel. Now i am going to try a hybrid tiered system.

I can't add much to what everyone else said, you're all right.
Growing is not just like life, it is life. Always changing variables can make it hard to adapt fast enough to ensure perfect conditions. Anyone pulling 1g/w consistently knows their system, knows their strain, and is introducing very few new things into their routine. Then, You are the proverbial 1%, whatever the true distribution is. . . maybe less than that.

My best pull to date is 255 grams from 400w. I thought I could increase efficiency through the wheel. Now i am going to try a hybrid tiered system.

I can't add much to what everyone else said, you're all right.
Growing is not just like life, it is life. Always changing variables can make it hard to adapt fast enough to ensure perfect conditions. Anyone pulling 1g/w consistently knows their system, knows their strain, and is introducing very few new things into their routine. Then, You are the proverbial 1%, whatever the true distribution is. . . maybe less than that.

I've pulled 1G/Watt often over the years, doing exactly as WOF stated. I've been growin 15 years and still to this date never get the same yeild everytime. Dont get me wrong its completely possible, just gotta really know your system and never change anything out. Even then nothing ever is forsure. 1 grow can be 1g/W, then the next .75g/W and nothings changed. Genetics can be random and thats what contributes the most. Play w/ all the nutes we want and add this and add that, but its still comes down to the plant not the grower. IMHO

I've pulled 1G/Watt often over the years, doing exactly as WOF stated. I've been growin 15 years and still to this date never get the same yeild everytime. Dont get me wrong its completely possible, just gotta really know your system and never change anything out. Even then nothing ever is forsure. 1 grow can be 1g/W, then the next .75g/W and nothings changed. Genetics can be random and thats what contributes the most. Play w/ all the nutes we want and add this and add that, but its still comes down to the plant not the grower. IMHO

Couldn't agree more. It's all in the genes brother.:thumb::surf::peace:

looks like there's some competition,
PitViper's thread has about 3193 posts in a little over 8 months
Woodmans's thread has about 1166 posts in a bit over 2 months

they are both thick like books. I think it's so funny when I see a post explaining that someone just read the entire thread. That must have taken days.

i agree....genes, grower,and consistancy...
say butcher, did you get a chance to stare at that leaf yet and see if you cna figure it out? lavendar:thumb:

have you guys ever shortened the flower period a week? have some ak's they look good size and everything. I don't want to but might have to do, 4 days ripen and 3 days flush? is that ok . only have one week!

If you mean cutting back the light period & increasing the dark so that I got a fully-matured (but lesser-yielding) product a little earlier, yes.

If you mean harvesting premature bud, no.

02559.JPG

02754.JPG

Back
Top Bottom