Thejoey's Groweys

I can see washing for out door vut indoor?

Outdoor plants get a wash every time it rains or in the morning when the dew is thick, growing indoors they might get a light foiler spray every now or then but it's usually dosed with nutes or pest spray.
The theory behind it making the drying, curing stage more even and consistent sold me on the idea.

Alright so i checked again and she's looking good visible growth today alone. I went and change the cycle to 20/4 i figured it couldn't hurt and would also keep it warmer for longer which with this cold i think i also good. Ill update soon to let you guys know how she responds. The SL ok but slow but can feed nute tomorrow. Also this is the longest I've not watered for (at 4 days now) I've broken the OCD and realising she responds a bit better in that last stint before her water :)

Also i need some advice guys:

Im not happy with my soil atm. Id say can you guys recommend a soil but it would be different here. What factors do i look to avoid etc i know that i should avoid a wetting agent for one but that about all i know to do with the soil. I just want less or if possible zero bark chips.
Very disappointment in current soil it feels dense and theres so much bark and sticks. At $9 a bag its kinda shit. With that said i can transfer into a different soil yeh?? When they transplant i mean?

I agree Joey it's hard too find good bagged soil around here. I've used searles a lot for outdoors in the past with a lot of success, they don't need any nutes for the first 2 months till you sex them. But I don't think it's any good for indoors because it has slow release nutes and really needs that tropical rain on it too flush it out every now and then.

Maybe load a few buckets into the boot or load the trailer on and go checkout some landscaping yards, you could even pick a part of the pile that has the least woodchips to fill your buckets, the guys at the yard should be able to tell you if it has add nutrients or not so you know where your starting at, It will probably be cheaper then bagged soil too.

I agree Joey it's hard too find good bagged soil around here. I've used searles a lot for outdoors in the past with a lot of success, they don't need any nutes for the first 2 months till you sex them. But I don't think it's any good for indoors because it has slow release nutes and really needs that tropical rain on it too flush it out every now and then.

Maybe load a few buckets into the boot or load the trailer on and go checkout some landscaping yards, you could even pick a part of the pile that has the least woodchips to fill your buckets, the guys at the yard should be able to tell you if it has add nutrients or not so you know where your starting at, It will probably be cheaper then bagged soil too.

Yeh good idea. Are you Aussie too?

um well ill get some new stuff with less chips if possible and also grabbing a 5L bag of perlite to mix in. Speaking of is there any techniques to mixing or just get the perl evenly distributed?

Yep we are descendant's of convicts that came over on the HMAS Bounty .
Not sure there might be some tricks of the trade haha but make sure you give the perlite a good rinse and don't breath in the powder!

Alright so i checked again and she's looking good visible growth today alone. I went and change the cycle to 20/4 i figured it couldn't hurt and would also keep it warmer for longer which with this cold i think i also good. Ill update soon to let you guys know how she responds. The SL ok but slow but can feed nute tomorrow. Also this is the longest I've not watered for (at 4 days now) I've broken the OCD and realising she responds a bit better in that last stint before her water :)

Also i need some advice guys:

Im not happy with my soil atm. Id say can you guys recommend a soil but it would be different here. What factors do i look to avoid etc i know that i should avoid a wetting agent for one but that about all i know to do with the soil. I just want less or if possible zero bark chips.
Very disappointment in current soil it feels dense and theres so much bark and sticks. At $9 a bag its kinda shit. With that said i can transfer into a different soil yeh?? When they transplant i mean?

Have you thought about coco?

Oh and good news on the humidity front, levels are currently at 60+% she's liking it, even with the slightly colder temps. I had to water tonight as i won't be home for a few days. They both had nutes, the first time for the Sour Lemon seedling. When i get back ill post photo updates, hopefully theres no problems though

I hate leaving them for a few days but love seeing the difference in growth when I get back. They should be fine without you Joey so long as your timer doesn't shit itself like mine did :p

What's the video you've seen? I went through about half of the 80 pages of replies too that thread and I'd say at least over 50% of the people who trailed said they would never smoke un washed buds again haha

I posted a link in my journal. Search Youtube Jorge Cervantes, WPM. Its a wash using between 1-2 ounces of 3%-h2o2 for every gallon of water. Just a quick dip, rinse, and you are drying with a fan. Wait a few hours and then you manicure. After that dry and cure as normal.

Decided to do a quick update - Heres the Raspberry Cough at 3 weeks/21 days from sprout. Lots of new growth daily now :)

IMG_151228.JPG

Next picture update for RC will be at 1 month/4 weeks

He guys sorry I know I said I wouldn't bothers ya for a bit but I'm not happy with the way the Raspberry Cough is currently going (no I didn't end up going away for a few days yet) here it is (hopefully I'm using the app for first time. Anyway:

420-magazine-mobile753529480.jpg

Yeh I gave a mist spray with pure water but, She's drooping down a bit anyway and if you look close you can see a few brown dots but it's only on leaves that are above cotyledons so is that a major concern?

Another pic

420-magazine-mobile1986337790.jpg

It doesn't look sick really just not being a friggin champ about things haha.

They were sitting on my crate etc as shown now I have a book under them (its twilight, zero fs given) so they are 2 inches closer to light and about 20" away respectively.

Now here's my other pondering/head debate. The nodes forming on the RC are close, there is little stretch happening. I'm inclining to put the pots on floor now and see how that goes. I don't want a stretched plant at all but I just think maybe the node spacing might be nicer. Or due to droop do I move even closer towards light.

Halp!

Also I went ahead and moved them closer to light. I should never gauge inches by eye they were sitting more like 35 inches away. Now there as close to twenty as I could get. Just added another milk carton (yes next grow might lights will be on pulleys) I reckon they're going to enjoy this and perhaps it does explain the slow growth so far. I'm not familiar with LED and light distribution/penetration etc.

Here's a pic
420-magazine-mobile497372078.jpg

For the sake of the photo I took it with camera right next to the light so what your seeing is proper view.

Back
Top Bottom