Thejoey's Groweys

Drink lotsa water and pick up your guitar more often. If you don't have a guitar, go get one and start practicing.

yeh I'm setting a 15 min timer to remind me to drink water, no guitar and I'm lefty so can't just pick up one of my dads 6 hahaha :/ ill walk my dog or do something alternatively ill sleep it off not much on my plate atm luckily enough

He guys sorry I know I said I wouldn't bothers ya for a bit but I'm not happy with the way the Raspberry Cough is currently going (no I didn't end up going away for a few days yet) here it is (hopefully I'm using the app for first time. Anyway:

420-magazine-mobile753529480.jpg

Yeh I gave a mist spray with pure water but, She's drooping down a bit anyway and if you look close you can see a few brown dots but it's only on leaves that are above cotyledons so is that a major concern?

Another pic

420-magazine-mobile1986337790.jpg

It doesn't look sick really just not being a friggin champ about things haha.

They were sitting on my crate etc as shown now I have a book under them (its twilight, zero fs given) so they are 2 inches closer to light and about 20" away respectively.

Now here's my other pondering/head debate. The nodes forming on the RC are close, there is little stretch happening. I'm inclining to put the pots on floor now and see how that goes. I don't want a stretched plant at all but I just think maybe the node spacing might be nicer. Or due to droop do I move even closer towards light.

Halp!

Leaves drooping away from the light could be light/ heat stress

Ok so I got new soil, pots and some perlite. The pots are smaller than my original ones I was going to use but I like these as there only 12in high

The potting mix has no wetting agent or compost in it the guy said is a plain soil he was suggesting I buy the premium ones but they had all that stuff I didn't want. So $5 a bag for this black magic stuff. Also asked how predominate the chips were he sad it's been milled and should be very fine soil.

The perlite was expensive so I only got one bag, don't know much about it just that I'll churn it with my soil.

420-magazine-mobile1325272294.jpg

I've moved the babies to bottom of tent, will leave for 3-7 days to see how it responds

Also when does one consider it time to re pot them, i know they are little especially the SL but i really hate that barky soil i want them in nice homes?!

i will be topping these plants too so another factor to consider around the transplant stage as i know the struggle initially being repotted

Anyway how soon should i transplant i.e. costs vs benefits

If you're careful and dont disturb the roots much they will never know they've been transplanted. Id get them in the new soil as soon as you can.

Cool ill do it today then! Any transplanting tips I've never done one before! Im going to mix 2.5L perlite through the soil of each pot as i have 5L total i think its a good start. Im going to fill up the middle place pot inside and then fill up more creating a "drop zone" for the current soil/roots then top up again till flush? And then give a nice water

Make sure the hole in the new pot is big enough. Take plant in old pot and put your index on one side of the stalk and your middle finger on the other side. Turn pot upside down and gently squeeze the pot until the roots and dirt around them release. Then turn root ball over and place in new pot. Fill in with fresh dirt and water but dont tamp down the soil. Let it settle on its own so you dont compact the soil.

420-magazine-mobile227522300.jpg

Well that was scary and I'm glad that's over .

Mixed prob 2.5 L perlite into RC and about 1.5 into the SL (little gal)

This soil felt and looks heaps better, very fine almost zero visible bark chips .

Gave them a light water with PH tap water only.

I won't be able to lift these pots now so I'll have to change my ways of watering.

Thanks for your help guys! What do you think of there new homes? Also put fan on them too today (as pictured)

I put my whole hand covering the dirt on the top of the pot and flip it upside down then i squeeze the pot like pw said and pull the pot off.. i dont know what other people do but when i transplant if there is an established rootball or the plants roots have filled the entire pot and are sort of root bound, i will sort of tear up the bottom of the roots gently to loosen the roots up. My plants never show any ill effects when i do that and i believe it helps them with the transplant but i still am unsure about the method cause i do end up tearing some roots but maybe only the small weak ones so it doesnt do much damage. Good luck joey!

I put my whole hand covering the dirt on the top of the pot and flip it upside down then i squeeze the pot like pw said and pull the pot off.. i dont know what other people do but when i transplant if there is an established rootball or the plants roots have filled the entire pot and are sort of root bound, i will sort of tear up the bottom of the roots gently to loosen the roots up. My plants never show any ill effects when i do that and i believe it helps them with the transplant but i still am unsure about the method cause i do end up tearing some roots but maybe only the small weak ones so it doesnt do much damage. Good luck joey!

haha must have posted at the same time bro. see above - yeh i covered with hand and squeezed there wasn't alot of protruding roots especially the smaller and as i got them in they were starting to fall open dirt wise but i was fast and managed it ok. I think theyll be fine

Yea it looks like you did a really great job with them.. your setup looks perfect for them at the moment. Its always good to water a little after transplanting.. no need to mess with the roots now they are too small anyway. I just said that for future reference if you do need to transplant one thats root bound in its pot.. sorry if i confused that a little. That soil looks really nice too the roots will love growing into that nice soft warm soil. Great job so far man!

420-magazine-mobile227522300.jpg

Well that was scary and I'm glad that's over .

Mixed prob 2.5 L perlite into RC and about 1.5 into the SL (little gal)

This soil felt and looks heaps better, very fine almost zero visible bark chips .

Gave them a light water with PH tap water only.

I won't be able to lift these pots now so I'll have to change my ways of watering.

Thanks for your help guys! What do you think of there new homes? Also put fan on them too today (as pictured)

Looks really good mate, I have heard black magic is a good soil years ago, I didn't realise it was still sold. Might have to get some for my outdoor girls.
420-magazine-mobile493832432.jpg

Which seed co? yeh I've had them in my seed pods too. What strains will you be doing G?

Yeh the soil feels really light and its fluffy kind of, just checked then seems to be no plant distress what so ever, as if the transplant never happened! or is it too soon to tell if it didn't go well guys?

Anywho i think they like there new homes for sure :)

Which seed co? yeh I've had them in my seed pods too. What strains will you be doing G?

Yeh the soil feels really light and its fluffy kind of, just checked then seems to be no plant distress what so ever, as if the transplant never happened! or is it too soon to tell if it didn't go well guys?

Anywho i think they like there new homes for sure :)

Hey man I went with Bonza as well.
I'm going with 1 x incredible bulk, dream machine and Dutch delight which were part of the 6 free feminized seeds I got with my order.
I'm going with 2 x lemon skunk #11 aswell.
My room can prob only handle 3-4 max but I'm going with 5 because I couldn't decide on 4 haha. I figure if I run out of room in the room I could always move one or two outside.

Hey man I went with Bonza as well.
I'm going with 1 x incredible bulk, dream machine and Dutch delight which were part of the 6 free feminized seeds I got with my order.
I'm going with 2 x lemon skunk #11 aswell.
My room can prob only handle 3-4 max but I'm going with 5 because I couldn't decide on 4 haha. I figure if I run out of room in the room I could always move one or two outside.

nice! haha fair enough... ah k your pods look diff mine were in like a blister pack. I have 9 or 10 more seeds left so shouldn't need to order any for a bit but strain hunting almost addictive as growing lol

My ladies are still growing nicely they have responded to the transplant well :) Will post some pics at some point. the Sour Lem is almost 2 weeks old but lagging a bit, just starting to take off. Raspberry Cough is going pretty strong but still small for 3 weeks. have made a slight increase in nutrient solution for next water which won't be for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom