Toucan Do It! Purple Cheesy Og-zie: A Dutch Seed Shop Grow By VG-zie!

I sprouted these ahead of time. I was finishing up another journal and I wanted that complete before starting another one.
These are the babies from this morning.

Great little grow going there. Got a question for you or anybody. If a strain is clone only how can you have femized seeds for it? I see this a fair bit and wonder how it can be both surely clone only indicates you can only obtain it on the form of a cutting.

Great little grow going there. Got a question for you or anybody. If a strain is clone only how can you have femized seeds for it? I see this a fair bit and wonder how it can be both surely clone only indicates you can only obtain it on the form of a cutting.
You can reverse a female plant using either colloidal silver (CS) or silver thiosulfate solution (STS) and the plant will create pollen sacs. You harvest the pollen and fertilize the flowers and you get fem seeds. It's best done with two different plants to simplify the timing, as it's best to get a plant to give up its pollen just when the other plant starts showing pistils.

You can reverse a female plant using either colloidal silver (CS) or silver thiosulfate solution (STS) and the plant will create pollen sacs. You harvest the pollen and fertilize the flowers and you get fem seeds. It's best done with two different plants to simplify the timing. It's best to get a plant to give up its pollen just when the other plant starts showing pistils.
Hi @InTheShed. I knew about making feminized seeds which is fascinating and I'd like to try it myself one day. I thought clone only indicated you can only get it if someone gives you a cutting ie: seeds do not exist so its "clone only"...? I'm assuming all fem seeds are created by using these silver solutions but most are not listed as "clone only". "Clone only" seems a self explanatory term. I'm still baffled how you can have seeds for clone only strains or have I got this skewed somehow?

Q:
Hi @InTheShed. I knew about making feminized seeds which is fascinating and I'd like to try it myself one day. I thought clone only indicated you can only get it if someone gives you a cutting ie: seeds do not exist so its "clone only"...? I'm assuming all fem seeds are created by using these silver solutions but most are not listed as "clone only". "Clone only" seems a self explanatory term. I'm still baffled how you can have seeds for clone only strains or have I got this skewed somehow?
A:
You can reverse a female plant using either colloidal silver (CS) or silver thiosulfate solution (STS) and the plant will create pollen sacs. You harvest the pollen and fertilize the flowers and you get fem seeds. It's best done with two different plants to simplify the timing, as it's best to get a plant to give up its pollen just when the other plant starts showing pistils.

"Clone only" seems a self explanatory term. I'm still baffled how you can have seeds for clone only strains or have I got this skewed somehow?
Clone-only strains have specific characteristics that might be lost in the making of seeds, which introduce variability into the mix. If you find seeds for a clone-only strain it means someone selfed it, and you're back to pheno-hunting!

Does this help?
you take two strains you really like, cross polinate them, select the most desirable phenos out of the bunch and just continue to grow out that plant as a mother that can provide clones of itself, and also have those clones grow into strong mothers of its own clones which would help to continue the strain as a clone only strain,

Or this:
"It simply means that this specific plant under the name you know circulates only in form of a living plant, which due to its strong favorable characteristics have been selected for further commercial production.
Even you if you managed to find more seeds of the same crossing, chances you will find genetically the same plant as your desired "clone-only" are close to none, simply because plants are individual just like people.
Clone-only strains are known for their unique characteristics and qualities. They have usually been preselected for their traits"
Source

Does this help?

Or this:
"It simply means that this specific plant under the name you know circulates only in form of a living plant, which due to its strong favorable characteristics have been selected for further commercial production.
Even you if you managed to find more seeds of the same crossing, chances you will find genetically the same plant as your desired "clone-only" are close to none, simply because plants are individual just like people.
Clone-only strains are known for their unique characteristics and qualities. They have usually been preselected for their traits"
Source
Good evening. How you doin?

You should definitely be asleep. Looks like we both had late naps ;).
I fell asleep at like 9. Got up an hour ago. Between last night and tonight , I'm all screwed up.

I've heard that smoking Candida can help.

Yes. Rooted cuttings from another plant.
So lets say it's "cutting only" which indicates you can only get that particular pheno as a cutting as in there has been no selective breeding and refining of charachteristics to create a stable strain it's a cut of this pheno or that pheno. In this post Exudus Cheese is listed as "clone only) yet it's being grown from seed and I am baffled it can be both, surely the minute a plant has been bred and stabilised it is no longer "clone only". Hahaha have I got this totally screwed still or am i onto something here. I appreciate your help Mr Shed. Peace brother

I'm not familiar with that strain (not a cheese-weed fan ;)), but what I can tell you is that the selective breeding happens before it becomes clone-only (if it indeed were clone-only). Once the positive characteristics are nailed down, all future generations are identical to the selected mother plant.

If you buy seeds of that strain, you will end up with some variation (phenotype) of that strain, but not a guaranteed copy, which is what a clone-only version provides.

That's it for me tonight!

Back
Top Bottom