Trala's Tent: A USA & Australian Comparative Grow

it's raining! in central California for
the first time in 6 months or so...:):party:
This is excellent news :) and your Zkittles is taking so well to the training. Lovely plant Carcass. On what do you base your decision re when to flip?

Thank You so much, Carmen !

I usually flip at 60 days old, or when the plant gets 18" wide...either way,they seem to be about 10" tall by that time, so the possible doubling in size after the flip isn't a problem..
I'm not sure how well that's going to work with the Dots, but I'll be finding that out pretty soon here....:hmmmm:

1A Zkittles.jpg

That pic ^^ is kind of deceptive, makes her look a lot wider than she is (she's only12" wide)
And yet she's already so sticky.

🎶🦗

Happy Monday!
And it's an extra happy one because it's raining! in central California for

And that means it's time for a little Update from the USA side of this comparative grow!...🇺🇲

The little @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles is doing pretty well- she's 5.5 inches tall, and 44 days old today, she's been in the Grow Dots for 21 days and she really seems to like them...
The SaugaView®:
1A Zkittles.jpg

That pic ^^ is kind of deceptive, makes her look a lot wider than she is (she's only12" wide)
2 Zkittles.jpg

She needs water (half a gallon) every 3 days, and she also gets 3ml silica, and 1.25g Real Growers Recharge- so far, the dots and the Recharge are taking pretty good care of her. As per the Grow Dots instructions, I don't water to runoff.
Most of the main branches have reached the edge of the pot, so I'll be tying them down to the drip tray
starting tomorrow.
3 Zkittles.jpg

One of the main branches..just doing it's thing...
7 Zkittles.jpg

She's 27" from the light, which is set @ 120 watts. Even in it's new location, the temps in the box stay between 75-85f during the day- it goes down to 65 or so at night. I'm using the seedling mat for a heater in there during lights out. The seedling mat keeps it about 5 degrees warmer in there than it would be without it..probably doesn't matter a bit... but I do it anyway...🤔
13 Zkittles.jpg

I'm not sure yet when I'm going to flip her- the grow dots will start running out of nitrogen in a week and a half or so, so I either need to flip soon or supplement the dots for a couple of weeks...probably end up supplementing, because she's not going to be ready to flip in ten days (imo)

And that's about all from this side of the world!🇺🇲

Thanks for looking, we appreciate all of you!

Have a great week, see you next time:circle-of-love:
O M G !

C Horse she is just BEAUTIFUL :)

I need to get me some grow dots stat!

🎶🦗
Oiiiii RG!

What’s brown and sticky?!

A stick!

I heard this joke on one of my nightshifts, and my ears thought it was the funniest joke everrrrrrrr! I could not stop lolling. In fact we were cry lolling. My dad joke was how does Mr Whippy do a poo? Sadly it’s a visual punchline so you’ll never get to enjoy it.

Happy Monday!
And it's an extra happy one because it's raining! in central California for

And that means it's time for a little Update from the USA side of this comparative grow!...🇺🇲

The little @Weed Seeds Express Zkittles is doing pretty well- she's 5.5 inches tall, and 44 days old today, she's been in the Grow Dots for 21 days and she really seems to like them...
The SaugaView®:
1A Zkittles.jpg

2 Zkittles.jpg

She needs water (half a gallon) every 3 days, and she also gets 3ml silica, and 1.25g Real Growers Recharge- so far, the dots and the Recharge are taking pretty good care of her. As per the Grow Dots instructions, I don't water to runoff.
Most of the main branches have reached the edge of the pot, so I'll be tying them down to the drip tray
starting tomorrow.
3 Zkittles.jpg

One of the main branches..just doing it's thing...
7 Zkittles.jpg

She's 27" from the light, which is set @ 120 watts. Even in it's new location, the temps in the box stay between 75-85f during the day- it goes down to 65 or so at night. I'm using the seedling mat for a heater in there during lights out. The seedling mat keeps it about 5 degrees warmer in there than it would be without it..probably doesn't matter a bit... but I do it anyway...🤔
13 Zkittles.jpg

I'm not sure yet when I'm going to flip her- the grow dots will start running out of nitrogen in a week and a half or so, so I either need to flip soon or supplement the dots for a couple of weeks...probably end up supplementing, because she's not going to be ready to flip in ten days (imo)

And that's about all from this side of the world!🇺🇲

Thanks for looking, we appreciate all of you!

Have a great week, see you next time:circle-of-love:
Dialled in nicely with the temps wonderful colour coming on steady progress good job man :high-five:

Thanks, Regrowth!...and stinky too!
smells like I've got a skunk living in that garage...:oops:
I need to get me some grow dots stat!
They do seem to work great so far, but they'll probably need a little help real soon here...
you might want to wait and see how/if that goes...😬
What’s brown and sticky?!

A stick!
:straightface:...groan...
steady progress good job man :high-five:
Thanks, GF!
So far, so good...

Hi guys :)

I uppotted Liv. She’s still not looking like she will be anything extraordinary. Her growth is okay. Her colour is bang on. Her roots were okay. I uppotted her coz I needed more Carhook room. She will get one more uppot till she hits her forever home. Her stem is proud and her limbs are strong. We just have to wait and hope lol.

And I prolly don’t thank you enough for coming to watch me, or in this case us grow. Comparative grows are my absolute favourite. I have a mental list of people I want to beg to grow with me lol. Anyhoo here she is. And she looks absolutely miserable lollling.

F8B20D48-C9C9-4A0D-AE41-A323DD5E7E85.jpeg
F723BE84-8B16-4380-8A2B-AEC3C1F40779.jpeg

I uppotted Liv. She’s still not looking like she will be anything extraordinary. Her growth is okay. Her colour is bang on. Her roots were okay. I uppotted her coz I needed more Carhook room. She will get one more uppot till she hits her forever home. Her stem is proud and her limbs are strong. We just have to wait and hope lol.

And I prolly don’t thank you enough for coming to watch me, or in this case us grow. Comparative grows are my absolute favourite. I have a mental list of people I want to beg to grow with me lol. Anyhoo here she is. And she looks absolutely miserable lollling.

F8B20D48-C9C9-4A0D-AE41-A323DD5E7E85.jpeg
F723BE84-8B16-4380-8A2B-AEC3C1F40779.jpeg
She's taking shape nicely Tra. You'll do her proud!

Looking good Trala & Carcass!

It looks like you have different phenotypes going. The US plant seems more squat and bushy with smaller fan leaves than the Aussie plant with the super-model frame and the large fans.

So I am going to go out on a limb with a bold prediction! Uh oh, someone is knocking at my door.

Next time! :laughtwo:

Has a judge for this contest been appointed? Looks like a close one, feel like it could go down to the wire.
It’s actually not a winner loser kind of competition. Well I don’t think it is. It’s just about two friends growing the same strain and wanting to make their plants sing the best they can.

It’s more about comparing different lights, seasons, temps, nutes and seeing how that changes the grow journey of the plant.

And come on, I’m growing with fucking carcass! It’s a given! Lolllingggg!

Looking good Trala & Carcass!

It looks like you have different phenotypes going. The US plant seems more squat and bushy with smaller fan leaves than the Aussie plant with the super-model frame and the large fans.

So I am going to go out on a limb with a bold prediction! Uh oh, someone is knocking at my door.

Next time! :laughtwo:
Well played!

You had me at super model frame!

L O L L I N G !

It’s that time of the week already!

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

(You say oiii oiii Oii)

🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺

Omg what a difference a week makes! While she still has a way to go, her CarCanopy is taking shape. I’m currently trying to coax he inner growth up to my canopy point. She has four sets of nodes, and they are nearly at the canopy point, all four nodes sets or 8 branches..

While I’m not happy with how she looks, I am glad she’s at least trying lol.

Oh as far as nutes, I don’t give her anything except a couple of scoops of the stuff HG recommended I buy every 4 weeks. And water, I just water when she needs it.

I’m prophylactically nit washing her with neem oil twice a week and so far not one crawley 🐜 🐛 🪲
I’m coming into bug season, so I can’t take my foot off their necks.

She’s now wider than she is tall lol

Olivia Bee aka Zkittles
Carcasses prize seed from Sponsors Weeds Seed Express
Days above ground - 44

8F086226-3CCD-45E1-BE18-06FAD37A0256.jpeg
CE897EFA-9306-4E33-80FB-A099699433D9.jpeg
47095281-B805-4181-9B5A-BDA41627E8F5.jpeg
80B0E5D8-1085-41A9-A8C2-20246E8923D2.jpeg

Your move C Superstar :)

If she's anything like the Zkittlez I grew, then she's just naturally a bit leggy.
She needed a bit of support for her colas and she was also a leafy bugger.
Gave a ton of good trim for extracts though. Grapefruit terps.

If she's anything like the Zkittlez I grew, then she's just naturally a bit leggy.
She needed a bit of support for her colas and she was also a leafy bugger.
Gave a ton of good trim for extracts though. Grapefruit terps.
Look I’m gonna be honest. There’s nothing wow factor about her. I’m no where near flip that’s fo sho.

Hopefully spring will help her spring up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom