Trouble & Strife & Some Things Nice - Mr A Goes Perpetual Again!

Shipping cost will eat him alive Duggan. Wish we could find a workable solution to that, but when shipping surpasses the cost of goods it becomes a dream you set aside while you seek alternatives.

Mr Am4zin, you could ask Conradino what he'd suggest. He's probably gonna say get some local soil from the woods and work with that, but he'll also have some good info on how to augment it to make a good high brix soil.

GO PENS!!! WOOHOO!!!!! :laughtwo: What? They're my home team. Of course I'll cheer for them. :cheesygrinsmiley:
High Sue, I'm happy with the soil I'm using at the moment, if I was going to switch it up again it would be for the kit, I'm still exploring it, I can stand the shipping cost, found the email off doc and it was approx $60 shipping plus the cost of the kit, the biggest issue I had was the promix, if I can find an alternative I may still give it a go.

What a strange world you both live in! I had LEO in my kitchen as I was taking a couple plants from backyard to basement. He didn't even ask to see my authorization. My company allows recreational as well as medical use (just not at work:)) Now if I can just get the medical plan to pay for it... that world is coming.

The joys of living in a legal state eh? One day I may live long enough to see that here. My employer (me) doesn't allow me to medicate during working hours. He/I is quite strict on that. I fucked up while high at work once and swore never again.

They hiring? I have a feeling I'm just south of you lol.

I know right :passitleft:

How heavy is pro mix? I wonder if the shipping would be as expensive if you had one of us ship it to you

I wanted to buy a light last week and the shipping was 20 dollars more then the dang light smh

I tend to shy away from shipping costs, it can be a deal breaker. A 3.8cu ft bale of promix weighs in at 60lbs or 27.2kg. To ship an item that heavy from the UK to USA would cost almost 300 English pounds. I couldn't find a seller willing to ship so have no price to compare it too.

Somewhere online I remember coming across what was in ProMix, but I don't remember what the ratios were. You and Duggan may be able to put your heads together and figure out what exactly gets mixed into the sphagnum. I know there's myco in it, but you can add that to the roots when you plant. They don't start doing anything until they have roots to work with anyway.

Mostly it's the ratio of perlite to sphagnum. I have a bale coming next week. I'll take time to see if I can replicate it with some sphagnum and perlite I have on hand, if it'll help the cause. There may be something in there to help water disperse better too, but aloe will give you that advantage.

We'll get you there, if that's where you want to be. We're a determined lot. :laughtwo:

I have the data sheet from promix hp, I've studied it thoroughly. sphagnum peat moss, perlite, lime and mycos appears to be it but there isn't info on its ratios. I'm currently drafting a pm to duggan with the days research, if I can get something cost effective it will be worth the trade off in quality and simplicity. :passitleft:

The joys of living in a legal state eh? One day I may live long enough to see that here. My employer (me) doesn't allow me to medicate during working hours. He/I is quite strict on that. I fucked up while high at work once and swore never again.

I know right :passitleft:

This may be sooner than you think. Check the Daily Mail's Health section for the findings and write up regarding London University's research into Cannabinoids that was published yesterday (6th June). There is only so long that the government can hide from the truth ;)

Veg Light Upgrade

When I first started the veg cupboard, I always had a plan to upgrade the lights.

I set about looking for an old led unit I could strip for parts. It's was here Jaga stepped in. He was kind enough to ship me a 300w unbranded unit, working status unknown.

When I received it, I found a power lead and plugged it in, it lit up, so I pulled it apart. Tested the drivers to see if the matched the stickers on the top. I was onto a winner.

Not wanting to spend much money, I put an order in for 2 x 35v 600mA 3500k cob chips at a cost of £3 each. I also ordered a sheet of 1mm aluminium, some thermal past and kapton tape. Total spend was £16

I replicated the holes from the led board onto the sheet of aluminium and cut it to size. Cut the wiring plugs from the led's and threw the board away.

Soldered some wire to the cob chips, following plus and minus, conneced to the wiring plugs from the led board. Plugged into the lower powered driver and on it came.

A little thermal paste to the back of the cob, stuck down with kapton tape and built back up.

Now I have it home and hung, I'm not happy, I know the light is a different color to the t5's but it's not bright enough, I have too many dark spots.

BUT WAIT, this unit is upgradable, I still have a driver not being used. This driver van run 4 addition cobs rated at 35v. I'm going to out an order in for some more cobs and then the light will be upgraded further. Until then I'm going to substitute the cob with a t5 or 2, when I get a power extension.

I did this build at work over the course of a week, in what little spare time I get at work, normally 5-10 minutes a day and didn't take many pics. But I'll share what I've got.

IMG-20170421-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170421-WA00051.jpg

IMG-20170421-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20170421-WA00041.jpg

IMG-20170421-WA00021.jpg

DSC_040619.JPG

DSC_049016.JPG

Sunday Update

Sunday Update

Good morning all and welcome to my weekly update. Things are ticking along nicely in the grow spaces, not much work was required this week, I'll have the last of the original veg kids out again later for there weekly training session (I got up late and the light clicked off while I was taking pics). In the flower space, 2 girls will be harvested later today.
Shall we have some pics?

Veg space

Never happy this one....

DSC_055714.JPG

This is Bubbas gift. She is 34 days from seed in a 1ltr airpot filled with biobizz.

DSC_055211.JPG

DSC_055313.JPG

Here is Choc Mint OG #2 at 74 days from seed. Also in a 1Liter airpot in biobizz.

DSC_054514.JPG

DSC_054616.JPG

This is Tutankhamun at 74 days from seed. In a 1 gallon airpot with biobizz

DSC_054815.JPG

DSC_054914.JPG

Here we have CBD Critical Cure, also 74 days from seed. In 1 gallon airpot in biobizz(next to flower)

DSC_054417.JPG

DSC_054311.JPG

This is Freddys Best at 74 days from seed. She is in a 1 gallon pot of my own soil. (next to flower)

DSC_055014.JPG

DSC_055115.JPG

My clone game appears to be strong. Both Freddys best and 1 of the CBD clones have roots. They will go into solo cups when lights come back on.

Cbd
DSC_055410.JPG

FB
DSC_055512.JPG

FB
DSC_055612.JPG

All ready for later....

DSC_055912.JPG

Flower Space

Plants are looking well in here, 2 are ready for harvest and a third is a few days away. Environment isn't great, RH hit 80% this week. It's been warm here of late but it's not stopped raining for over a week

DSC_053715.JPG

First up is Orange Hill Special, at 74 days from seed 12/12+58. She is showing all cloudy trichomes. She comes down when I see a few amber.

DSC_051512.JPG

DSC_051411.JPG

This is Choc Mint OG. Also at 74 days from seed, 12/12+56. She will be harvested later today.

DSC_051613.JPG

DSC_051815.JPG

Here is Black Dog#1. 74 days from seed and 12/12+58 will also be chopped later.

DSC_051921.JPG

DSC_052011.JPG

This is Black Dog#2 at 74 days from seed and 12/12+10. Showing pistels and looking pretty. She should yield me well.

DSC_052513.JPG

DSC_052614.JPG

DSC_052812.JPG

Here is Jack Herer. Also 74 days from seed and 12/12+10. She was a looked a little sad after her feed. I'll see how she picks up later.

DSC_052917.JPG

DSC_053017.JPG

DSC_053115.JPG

Last up is the Incredible Bulk. Also at 74 days from seed but 12/12+34

DSC_053318.JPG

DSC_053411.JPG

All crammed back in.

DSC_054115.JPG

Well that's all I got for now, I'll update again tomorrow with what happens later. Until then :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Good morning Mr Am4zin. :hug: :love: :hug:

I wonder if the Choc Mint OG is the equivalent of my Thin Mint GSC. The chocolate and mint are her expected terpene profile expression. :hmmmm: My seeds were a gift, so I have no idea what seed bank they came from. I'll have to inquire.

I've grown so fond of the CBD Critical Cure that I can spot the leaves, and it warms my heart to see one growing in your world. Is this your first experience with balanced ratios? Be prepared to be surprised. Turn a small amount into fresh harvest infused oil and really get her full effect. I've been floating on a euphoric cloud for more than a month now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your garden looks like they're all paying attention in class. You're keeping yourself in a steady supply? Good, that's the intent of the forum. Learn from each other so you don't have to go shopping in the black market.

They're talking upper 80s here today. Yesterday I got all wrapped up in thread development and ignored the tents, to find temps had climbed to 90 degrees F. :thedoubletake: This morning I kicked the air conditioner on and closed the door on the room. Can't have that happening again. Good luck with the humidity control. It's hard to overrun Mother Nature without expensive equipment. Wouldn't it be grand to have an environmentally-controlled room to grow in? :dreamy:

Morning Sue :hug: :love: :hug:

The Choc Mint OG and Thin Mint GSC look very similar, the TM lists durban poison and og kush crossed with GSC and the CMOG is just og kush and GSC. So they should be much the same. Both my Choc mints were gifted seeds but I know they are of the humbolt breed. She is the one that stinks out the grow box. I plant to keep this one in my rotation.

The CBD is indeed the first I've had, hence the reason I cloned her. She should do well when she hits flower.

Self sufficiency is looking good, the first perpetual harvest was the chocoloco, but she didn't bring anywhere near what I expected but I have more coming, by the time I harvest bd#2 I should be good.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna tackle the high RH yet, gonna bring tricky when it's 75% ambiant and I can't get get a purchase order from the boss :) for cast showing less rain this week so it should come down a bit in its own.

:passitleft:

Does look good that one I want some black creame on my next run it looks amazing check it out if you ain't already grown it lol

I've not grown black cream but I have grown the dark devil auto, many times, I need to grow another. Might drop one into a cup and into the flower box.

Back
Top Bottom