:thanks:
weedtastic
setting sun
Ms.Fox
Been wanting to try another medium to grow them faster
.... seen some mighty big plants come from passive hydro
And wanted to make as simple as possible....
will only be a few days and i will be ready for training....
I will take step by step for anyone wishing to try...with pictures. :popcorn:

I do actually CharlieMopps but not for long cause at rate it is growing in a couple weeks there will be leafs shading it out....right now it brightens things up a lot compared to that dark dirty soil ....if i grow soil again i willl add inch of perlite to top just to brighten things up :smokin:
Also seems to me would be good to have a inch on soil grow to keep soil from being washed away(moved) when watering. As careful as i am with my plastic water pail i always wash away soil and have to cover up roots. Gnats can be killed with 1/2 inch of sand on top of soil as well as lava worms / eggs they hatch....so seems to me inch of perlite might do same....if not sand 1/2 inch and 1/2 inch perlite. I had gnat problem and it is gone from veg room now...must be blood meal i used attracted them. So inch from top to soil might keep them at bay either by keeping them out or by covering blood meal smell. will have to try some soil grow

Dude great job, seriously. I'm loving the thought you are putting into this. Over the last few days I have been contemplating hydro, and we have a few of the same ideas. i think I will go with a dwc system. I absolutely love the clone machine. have you priced a store bought model? Do that and compare what you spent. Then smoke a bowl and pat yourself on the back. I wish I could rep you for this fantastic job. Actually the next person to read this, please rep him for me I will slap one right back on you. Can't say it enough bro, great job. Keep it up. Stay tuned for my hydro grow in a few weeks.

:thanks: stully nice to have you aboard and can't wait to see ya hydro grow ...Havent priced cloner but sure they are 75 or so..money i would invest in light first then store bought cloner for sure...better yet i would just make nice one ...when money comes my way. :)
:peace: and :thanks: brother grower

:thanks: Weed Ryder Awesome! can't wait to check it out :surf:

By all means stully ... we are all here to learn and share...and anyone is welcome to try things i do with best of luck...hopefully if they have question they will ask and i'll do my best to anserw them :passitleft:

OK 3 day update ....got a lot more growth in just 3 days
86_4_.JPG

Well except this one...it went into shock when i transplanted from soil....was too rough i think washing soil off roots
86_2_.JPG

:slide:
86_6_.JPG

86_3_.JPG

Below is one that was under multispecktrum bulbs(useless)
8602.JPG

Two ladies below were begging for me to tie them down...so i did :goof:
8615.JPG

I needed to fill this bucket below more so buried the wire to hold stem
86_8_.JPG

That is first step i do is secure the stem just above the medium to side of pot
then i take my wire push it into medium close to edge of pot opposite way you secured it...gently pushing wire down til you get it where you want it...
Caution....know your plant...and it's snapping point...only push it in medium a little....then in a day or so move it a little more...and if it takes 3 or more days to do this...thats fine..long as you don't over do it.
86_9_.JPG

tomorrow i will lower then a little more...these have stiff stems
86_7_.JPG

Above will go a little lower, but not much cause you want to leave space between your medium and bottom leaves for circulation :surf:

OK once plants have uprighted them self you raise light a inch more than you normally would...this will give you a little space between nodes ....wait for them to grow at least 3 or 4 inches cause next we will be taking a turn that will twist this sister gentaly up and ya need room to do that :popcorn:
lst_5_.JPG

lst9.JPG

tlst.JPG

Lady below was ready to be trained
lst_2_.JPG

So again secure the bottom of the stem...somehow
lst_6_.JPG

Line up where you are going to make first tie down (direct opposite from where you secured stem)
lst_7_.JPG

push wire into medium almost where it will be
lst_8_.JPG

then gentaly wrap wire around stem
lst_9_.JPG

then you push on wire where it goes into medium and at same time straighten wire as you gently bend plant...a little at a time over period of few minuets to few days depending how easy it bends
lst_10_.JPG

this one bent easy in just a few minutes and this is where it will stay cause you want to let air in from bottom and dont want leaves touching medium...especially soil so this will be as low as i will tie her down...in a few hours it will turn back up to light and same as others we want to wait for about 3 or 4 inches cause next turn is sideways twist :popcorn:

Very nice pictorial on LST!

I love pics when I'm trying to learn something like that.

If you tried to explain it without pics, I would probably wind up with my plants in a figure 8 or something, LOL.

The chopstick method I saw someone do here recently also looks very workable.

thanks brother!

regards,

SS

:thanks: setting sun ..... Chop sticks! .....
IMG_11181.JPG

Been there....done that.....thats where i got idea from :popcorn:
IMG_10441.JPG

Problem i had was chopsticks pulling apart....so used bread tie to hold tops together
Then one day i thought this would work better if i could hook around them so tryed breaking small piece of a single chopstick not all the way so it came off, but just enough to hook plant....It didnt work then :idea: the wire came to mind...it has protective plastic coating and i can bend it shape it anyway you want it....and the rest is history ....I found what works super for me and is easier for me.
Top picture you can see wires to side cause this was the switch over day for me first chop sticks then this......
IMG_11211.JPG

Back
Top Bottom