Tunes420 Try at Hydro 3rd Grow CFL

Nice work...I love the "Party Pail" label too...how fitting Tunes!!

:thanks: poker shark LOL i liked that too :grinjoint:
:thanks: for stopping back setting sun ....great thing about this site is there are so many techniques and seems what works for one doesn't alway work as well for someone else. I try them all and go with what is easiest for me :smokin:

Huh, I thought I was subscribed to this thread but just realized I wasn't (am now :smokin: ). I just read through and everything looks great! I love the lst tutorial w/ pics, next plants I lst will be with your method. This passive hydro thing also looks very interesting, don't know if I'll ever try it, but I'm for sure going to be following out of curiosity. ;) You is a clever mo-fo, keep up the great grows bro! :Rasta:
:goodjob: :nicethread: :ganjamon:

:thanks:
KannabisKid those last picks(old) were showing chopsticks and conversion
to wire method of lst...sorry for bringing those dirty pics into
this passive Hydro grow...hope no one under 18 saw that LMAO
InhaledFreq i think mine does it automatically now if i post it subscribes me.
A couple people had asked me to do a step by step on LST i use ...so figured would
include it right into grow as I go...Cool glad to have you use something that works for me...
And hope it works as well for you :)and if ya ever have a question that
i dont cover in journal just ask away...would love to see everyone grow green as it can be
The passive hydro method i choose out of simplicity.
I started watering twice a day for first few days then was able to go to every two days before small
area below holes in buckets dryed...and as you know from reading whole journal there are ropes in mix
that suck up and hold water...even if i had to water these everyday it is so easy i wouldnt mind.
:thanks: for compliment..I watch what others do wrong and do oppisite
On same token I watch what works for others and and try it. If it works for me i use it...
otherwise i keep looking for what works for me.
I see so many say this so it must be true...."what works for one person may not work for someone else"
it took me 2 grows to relize soil is not for me, and some type of hydro would be.
Now some of the people here are able to get the right nukes and special lights or fans....co2
omg...I wish someday for all that super stuff :) Christmas is comming and i am telling my family i only want
stuff i can use in veg room or flower room :grinjoint:
Anyway i have seen some super set ups on this site and super results...I am trying to see if i can spend what i have in pocket(nothing)
to do hydro...I bought hudge bag of perlite for 22 bucks ...enough to last couple grows..i bought vermiculite 5 bucks a bag 4 bags 20 bucks
i bought 4 party pails 2 bucks each. that is it...wow...50 bucks for passive hydro for 2 grows
4 plant a grow. that was something that worked for me and the results from this type of grow are incredible...
oh wait i bought ph chemical test kit and refill 10 bucks for 60 total
Now this is first hydro grow so once i know what i am doing and i like results...which i do like i will invest in some materiels and build me a
hydro set up like the nice ones i see here...Made sence to me to try if before i spent alot of money to find out it wasn't for me.
far as nukes go and up down and around mixes I am going to use this bag i bought two grows ago for 5 bucks...it is orchard bloom 11-35-15
i have baking soda to bring up and lemon juice to bring down as well as nuke mix that brings my tap water from 7.8 - 5.5...so hopefully that
60 will be all i need to grow 8 plants. Everyday is new in areas you are just learning about so ya never know what will happen :)
I am also fly free in veg room....they don't like perlite i guess.
Can't wait to clear out dirty flower room...LOL ....:peace: all and may the green mojo go everyones way :cheer:

:thanks: tricome
:thanks: weedtastic
:thanks: for keeping tuned in :)
stully... the party pails i sit in white dish tub and water right into perlite
then let sit for couple minutes till all water settled and tip to spill out another
1/4 inch of water and simpley set them on shelf :) the rope is just cotton rope i had around here
3/8 i think. some of buckets i have just have drain holes in bottom so will have to get small containers
for them to sit in to hold a couple inches on water/nukes :cool:

I was thinking about building a DWC system, but I am keeping my option open. I love the taste of soil bud, but i really wanna try the dro thing.

The problem for how I grow with DWC "totes" is that if you grow from regular seed and get males, you gotta big problem when you want to remove any males and their roots are completely tangled up with every other plant in the res.

If you just chop the males and leave the roots, they will rot and spoil the soup.

If I go hydro with *regular* seed, it's going to have to be individual buckets or containers for each plant.

SS

Dude great job, seriously. I'm loving the thought you are putting into this. Over the last few days I have been contemplating hydro, and we have a few of the same ideas. i think I will go with a dwc system. I absolutely love the clone machine. have you priced a store bought model? Do that and compare what you spent. Then smoke a bowl and pat yourself on the back. I wish I could rep you for this fantastic job. Actually the next person to read this, please rep him for me I will slap one right back on you. Can't say it enough bro, great job. Keep it up. Stay tuned for my hydro grow in a few weeks.

Someone please rep him for me.

Yea, Tunes. There are so many different methods for growing it can be overwhelming. But every grower can learn from others, and come up with their own method that works best for them and their situation.
For instance, I feel I can't use lst, because I'm very limited in horizontal space. But, I'm still very interested in learning about it. I may be able to use it in the future, and I may be able to use some ideas from it now. Thanx for sharing your method with us! + reps! (Gotcha stully!)

KannabisKid i am very interested in water farm ....it will be that or pvc set up
like i have seen here....those two seem to be best setups and produce the most bang for your buck

stully i too worry about losing tatse i love from soil ....so this passive hydro is good
test for me to try product not grown in soil
setting sun i agree about seeds hard to seperate males...so set up like that i think i would do all clones

LOL tks stully for reps...not even sure how to check those ....appreciate the high compliment there stully brother grower

tricome tks for reps brother grower :) there really are alot of methods and each must find there perfect combination
I have a need to LST cause of light i use....when i do get a HID light i will still train but only to get more colas not
twist up ladies anything like i do now just a little training to open plants up slightly. I have room for horizontal growth
but don't really have the light to cove it so i am trying to keep my plants tied down in pot area rather than hanging
way over edge like some plants have had. I will do another Fiona under HID cause I am wondering the yeild on a bud factory like
fiona was under hid lights. NP on how to do's in my journal it is least i can do for a sight and great group of people that have
been so helpful to me :) :thanks: All :passitleft:

Hellooo tunes!!
I see you did a nice fixer upper with the rooter. I once grew some seeds in an AeroGarden. Boy they grew well and being early in my cannabis growing journey, I was totally happy. Big roots, great giant leaves. I left them there till they bumped their heads on the lights (24") Then tried to bend them and eventually when I bought my first ebb and flow table,(I know now poor planning) transplanted them. Yikes!!!! 2 of the 3 plants pouted and drooped for days afterwards and had a hard time staying up in the their new home. The 3rd lovely indi lady decided to form a hard mass of stem in a ball bigger than the opening of the aerogarden table (they have 7 little drip holes about 1 1/2 inch diameter.) Lordy me, It wouldnt budge! Well9after many cups of tea and hand wringingand thinking cap on) I improvised a setup in the drain table with the aerogarden top table in a hydrogarden pot help up by bamboo poles and soft plastic gardeners tape. I had to support the 2 other ladies with cages made out of bamboo and cable ties. These ladies made it!!! I dont think small clones could have survived the manhandling I did to these poor ladies Houda thunk the stems/trunks would grow that big?? NOt me I was noob....
Despite the comedy capers of this grow I knew that HP was the way I wanted to go in all my future grows. I saw how quicky they grew in water and for sure I planned better (not or never perfect) for the future grow ha ha ha this is true. Like my mother before me I never let anyone tell me that I am not smart enough to do a formidable project.

OK I'll shut up now and keep on reading of your grand project. Seems like you will do well.!!
Fineas
o< (he knew kung fin)

Toonses!!
My friend I am way behind but I am loving your grow!! I love the way you think.. Those lovely pots that you improvised that have that $2 label from the yellow sign store. How big are those buckets? They are awesome for growing I think. Perlite definitely reflects light but floats easily. Can be moved by fluids easily. All looks sharp and clean and healthy.
H2O2 does add O2 to the water or soil but is used primarily as an anti microbial agent.
Aeration stones add O2 easily to you reservoir tank(if you use one) So does stiiring up with a slotted spoon or whisk to a bucket of water you may use to mix nutes but even the pouring and mobilization of the water helps aerate the fluid.
I never had a problem with gnats until I introduced soil or coco to the grow room. Little f___kers. I used some diomataceous earth sprinkled on the medium and it helped alot. I will try the sand over the soil over the pots that I have soil in the grow room. I dont know if it is the bone meal that attracted them, They just seem to love peat soil and coco maybe when organic nutes + medium??? (I havent used bone meal )
You are looking good, Ok I'll read on...

Tunes..
Now this is first hydro grow so once i know what i am doing and i like results...which i do like i will invest in some materiels and build me a
hydro set up like the nice ones i see here.
You are very smart brother. From experience you know know what you didnt know you needed to know by actually doing it or messing up with it!!!
I loves the pics on the LST. "a picture is worth....." give you more reps if I could.. you are a fine teacher as well..
Fineas

Back
Top Bottom