Wow they've filled in the screen a lot since the last pics. SLH is looking mighty tasty my friend. Trying the rapid rooters for the first time too, and the clones seem to like their home so far. :bravo::peace:

It looked filled in because there are more plants instead of the original two this time, :D but it's growing nicely though. Can't wait to see buds forming. The Rapid Rooter Plugs are ok for now, going to add up the expense in the long run so I'm going to invest in a DIY cloning machine very soon. The RR cost near $20 x 10 batch will cost more than the DIY cloning machine. Thought I would try these out for now until I get more cash and upgrade. Might use them for startling seeds they work very well.

It looked filled in because there are more plants instead of the original two this time, :D but it's growing nicely though. Can't wait to see buds forming. The Rapid Rooter Plugs are ok for now, going to add up the expense in the long run so I'm going to invest in a DIY cloning machine very soon. The RR cost near $20 x 10 batch will cost more than the DIY cloning machine. Thought I would try these out for now until I get more cash and upgrade. Might use them for startling seeds they work very well.

Yea I'm in the same boat too. I had been thinking about making a little aero cloner too, but rapid rooters was my only option at the time. But yea I plan on getting another tent to go along with a diy cloner sometime next month, hopefully.

Update:

The Super Lemon Haze is about to finish sometime next week. Got some visitors over so cannot harvest it yet. I got the odor under control with two DIY scrubbers but once harvest time comes the drying will release more odor. To be safe I'll wait until they leave, heh. This update will only focus on Super Lemon Haze.

MG_0717.jpg
MG_0722.jpg
MG_0718.jpg
MG_0721.jpg
MG_0719.jpg
MG_0716.jpg
MG_0715.jpg
MG_0727.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

Daaaaamn those buds look good :) The color scheme of those last buds, the green and orange, just amazing. So nice looking, makes me want to print some of that all huge like and put it on my wall :geek: Sorry, just so nice looking :D haha

Thanks Wheatbran. These were taken under LED blue spectrum, I also use whitebalance to try and bring out its true colors. The red spectrum or combo of both (purple colors) aren't so great looking. Still need to get a macro lens for my camera to see 1:1 ratio up close. Maybe end of the year, heh. The local camera rental place does not carry 100m macro or 180m macro, strange.

There are new pistils emerging. Thought it was near end the girls still pumping out more. I could give it another 7 days and continue to flush while I get the drying section of the room ready. They'll have their glamour shoot before & after the chop. Exciting times.

Macro lenses are oddly (well all good lenses are really) expensive but worth it if you plan to take closeups often. Unfortunately my only macro lens options currently are my grandpas camera from the 50s, obviously not digital, but it has a set of 4 lenses you can stack and attach to the main lens.... or using 5x 7x and 10x jewelers loupe and my cell phones camera... :)

That's how my last grow went, ended up leaving the plants up an extra week and a half, almost two and even then, I didn't cut everything off at once since the bottom still needed maturing :)

Hey Twelve how well do those DIY scrubbers work for you? I know you said you had visitors, were they able to tell there was a forest in the next room or what? I am planning a good sized room and was wondering if it was possible to keep the odor low enough that people could be in house and not know what was going on. I have a 4 in fan and filter and a 6 in fan and filter just wanted to know how well those would work to keep the smell down.

Macro lenses are oddly (well all good lenses are really) expensive but worth it if you plan to take closeups often. Unfortunately my only macro lens options currently are my grandpas camera from the 50s, obviously not digital, but it has a set of 4 lenses you can stack and attach to the main lens.... or using 5x 7x and 10x jewelers loupe and my cell phones camera... :)

That's how my last grow went, ended up leaving the plants up an extra week and a half, almost two and even then, I didn't cut everything off at once since the bottom still needed maturing :)

You are right, the macro lenses for DSLR are expensive! Even second hand they still hold their value. Going to get a few more LED before the lens though. Switching out the HID lights to LED, they have less carbon footprint and I'm amazed at how effective they are for growing, and talking about heat reduction and energy cost.

Didn't know you harvest in stages also! I do that too. The top colas goes first, then a week later the 2/3 and a week later the rest. That also have a steady supplies flowing instead of one lump sum and it's dry season (30days). With the perpetual grow I'm going to squeeze the harvest time to every two weeks if I can. Right now it's monthly.

Hey Twelve how well do those DIY scrubbers work for you? I know you said you had visitors, were they able to tell there was a forest in the next room or what? I am planning a good sized room and was wondering if it was possible to keep the odor low enough that people could be in house and not know what was going on. I have a 4 in fan and filter and a 6 in fan and filter just wanted to know how well those would work to keep the smell down.

Hey Chubba420, The scrubbers works great. My roommates can't smell a thing coming from the grow room (The forest consist of 100 plants). The guest didn't noticed anything foul odor either. The real test will be during drying after harvest. I think they will do fine because these are upgrades from the smaller scrubbers, also DIY. Even with the previous scrubbers when drying they worked. The new ones got more air flow which will increase the rate of cleaning the air.

Got two scrubbers identically with the same setup. This one is by the closet scrog grow. The other, by the flowering tents. Basically I use a plastic container with 4in opening top (fits nicely with the 4in Vortex) with holes 360 around the container for better airflow. This one is an upgrade from my previous DIY scrubber which had limited airflow and much smaller, but still works great. When the closet is closed (during 12off) I move the unit by the door when the other two flowering tents are open (12on for the tents).
MG_0734.jpg
MG_0730.jpg
MG_0740.jpg

I use these activate carbon inside the plastic container. Washed them before use (like hydrotons) or they will be very dusty, hehe. Got a 50 pound activate carbon from fish store for $45. 1 pound worth will lasts 3 months!
MG_0732.jpg

Hammerhead, 1024, Pineapple Chunk, Cheese, and Grapefruit Diesel. 4 days in bloom.
MG_0738.jpg
MG_0735.jpg
MG_0737.jpg

I know it's very homemade but they're awesome. Might get one of my industrial designer friend to create a more stylish piece with the same concept and size. heh

:thumb: nice job on the DIY looks good
got a good looking canopy going on there

I totally understand the priorities haha, lighting > most things :p

Ya the multi phase harvesting was never planned, it just ends up that way with how my plants grew, it just worked, left the lower buds and leaves to get some light and get more bud swell for whats left while the first set of big buds dries and cures :)

:thumb: nice job on the DIY looks good
got a good looking canopy going on there

Thanks shaggie for the rep. It's been a week after 12/12 and no sign of pistil production, yet. They are still stretching. I can't imagine how it will look when it's all filled up with colas like mini-skyscrapers. They will bloom during the cooler months of Summer which is good.

Damn Twelve the SLH are looking nice:ganjamon: Making me want to get some clones or seeds of them lol. That Diy carbon filter is a dope design too. :thumb:

Give this strain a try. I'm growing it in all cycle just because it is so easy to grow it, unlike the Tangerine Dream. Going to do a SOG with this strain in one month. Just have to figure out which grow method I'll be doing it in...maybe combo using hydro and scrog! They'll do great under the screens.

I totally understand the priorities haha, lighting > most things :p

Ya the multi phase harvesting was never planned, it just ends up that way with how my plants grew, it just worked, left the lower buds and leaves to get some light and get more bud swell for whats left while the first set of big buds dries and cures :)

Yes, more light with the right spectrum = faster growth. Macro stuff will have to wait, heh. Will have to wait for few more harvest before getting a few more LED. Just harvested a few top colas during the off hours. They are quite heavy will have to see for the final dry weight. The remaining nugs are filled up too but will wait for few more days before chopping.

Update:

Harvested some Super Lemon Haze today. Yesterday I harvested some top colas but didn't got the chance to take some shots. These are secondary branch, 2nd down from the top colas. Got 4 SLH total for this batch. Going to let the rest fatten up for another 5-7 days before another round of harvest.

Enjoy some pics.

MG_0814.jpg
MG_0803.jpg

very nice !!!:adore::bong:

how high does an l.e.d board from top????:adore:

Back
Top Bottom