Two Tents By Twox: A Memoir Of A Monthly 8oz Harvest

What's up 420.
20170515_182954.jpg

Things are going smooth and the veg tent feels empty. I have 3 to 4 more weeks to get these TrapStars ready and about 6 weeks to have the seedlings ready to replace any males. I'll pop some more seeds next week and I want to run 5 Slurricanes.Should be fun.
20170515_182738.jpg

These are my keepers for now... Bday Cake, Purple Urkle and Candy Urkle. Oc5 is down low.

Flowering tent... ahhh, the good stuff

This is a OG13.. Easy to grow so far and I have this funny feeling she's going to be tall.. Really thick stems with strong side growth... She s kinda boring so let's move on.
20170515_185139.jpg

Purple Envys.
I have two of these going at the moment. One topped and the other is all natural. Pretty plants and really hassle free.
20170515_184054.jpg
20170515_184104.jpg

Here's PE1.. She has some awesome side branching and grew into a natural bush. The main cola is almost level with the side branching and yield should be nice. I like her, she's a little shorter and hopefully thats indicating shes indica dominant.
20170515_184701.jpg
20170515_184706.jpg

PE2.. I topped this pheno because she was growing taller and it seem like her first batch of side branches developed into tops. I can live with that..
20170515_184921.jpg
20170515_184924.jpg

This is My Candy Urkle. She was Urkle cross #3 and my keeper.. look, She waving. Ive never had a happier plant.
20170515_184122.jpg

They're both running untopped from clone they are growing perfect with zero training. Wonderful side branching on this lady and tons of light shinning through the canopy with out being stripped of her fans. She's my pride and joy at the moment.:love:
20170515_185616.jpg
20170515_185721.jpg
:bravo:
20170515_184223.jpg
20170515_184201.jpg

Birthday Cakes getting frostier. There starting to get heavy and I'm adding support every watering. Such a pain In the ass but she tastes so good:high-five:
20170515_184232.jpg
20170515_184243.jpg
20170515_201519.jpg

The Trap Star's are coming along nicely. How long do you normally veg for?
How do you choose what to grow? I noticed you have clones of a number of plants you've already grown (Urkle, Cake, Candy Urkle) so do you grow out a few plants, pick 1 maybe 2 pheno(s) you like to clone/keep, then run a different strain or two to see if you find any more you like?

The Trap Star's are coming along nicely. How long do you normally veg for?
How do you choose what to grow? I noticed you have clones of a number of plants you've already grown (Urkle, Cake, Candy Urkle) so do you grow out a few plants, pick 1 maybe 2 pheno(s) you like to clone/keep, then run a different strain or two to see if you find any more you like?
What's up nightmask.. I've been trying to veg for about 7 weeks per run.
I was going 8 but that last week was always a struggle to keep the plants short. After I rotate my veg into flower I usually have a week or two to get something new started.

Choosing what to grow is usually determined by what's ready unless I have seeds. I'll clone everything in hopes of finding a keeper.. I try to pick 2 keepers and then I'll regrow and narrow it down to one. Then I have to decide if I want to grow out my clones or try something new....

What's up nightmask.. I've been trying to veg for about 7 weeks per run.
I was going 8 but that last week was always a struggle to keep the plants short. After I rotate my veg into flower I usually have a week or two to get something new started.

Choosing what to grow is usually determined by what's ready unless I have seeds. I'll clone everything in hopes of finding a keeper.. I try to pick 2 keepers and then I'll regrow and narrow it down to one. Then I have to decide if I want to grow out my clones or try something new....

7 weeks veg? I've heard 6 weeks is typical so that sounds about right. Guess I'll aim for about 6-7 weeks myself (when everything eventually gets set up). Or 8 weeks max for clone (2 to root, 5-6 to veg). Then again I'll have a smaller veg area so maybe less.

So you clone everything (2 clones per plant?), grow them out, pick two pheno's/plants you like, grow again, then pick one. Once you've picked the one you like do you still grow 2 plants/clones per pheno? Or do you now just do 1 plant/pheno per strain cause you've got several strains going at once?

I read recently that some people take clones just as they move those plants to flower, so while it takes 8 odd weeks to flower the clones then have 8 weeks to root/veg. Sounds a little more complicated if you're doing flower and veg from both clones and seeds. The timing has got to be pretty spot on. 1-2 weeks to get something new started sounds like it should be enough time though, better than 1-2 days. How long did it take you to get the timing down?

7 weeks veg? I've heard 6 weeks is typical so that sounds about right. Guess I'll aim for about 6-7 weeks myself (when everything eventually gets set up). Or 8 weeks max for clone (2 to root, 5-6 to veg). Then again I'll have a smaller veg area so maybe less.
The veg times can be very strain dependent but 6 to 7 is a good average.
So you clone everything (2 clones per plant?), grow them out, pick two pheno's/plants you like, grow again, then pick one. Once you've picked the one you like do you still grow 2 plants/clones per pheno? Or do you now just do 1 plant/pheno per strain cause you've got several strains going at once?

Yes, I take clones of everything. I usually do at least 2 incase I lose one. I like switching it up so sometime I'll do 2 strains, 3 of one 2 of the other. This round I ran 4 and 1. I've been running the Urkle and the Bday Cake a lot so I'll probably o my keep one of each and save them for a rainy day. I don't like running one of each. I like having a lot of a single strain so I can enjoy it with out running out..

I read recently that some people take clones just as they move those plants to flower, so while it takes 8 odd weeks to flower the clones then have 8 weeks to root/veg. Sounds a little more complicated if you're doing flower and veg from both clones and seeds. The timing has got to be pretty spot on. 1-2 weeks to get something new started sounds like it should be enough time though, better than 1-2 days. How long did it take you to get the timing down?
The timing is always a struggle. I can plan all I want but things never run perfect. I try my best but I almost always over grow my veg tent. The secret is learning to deal with the minor issues. I also keep my ladies I'm not running in a humidity dome under a 25watt t5. Growth is slow and helps me space out my veg without losing genetics
Those are really beautiful plants - again.

Candy Urkle does have a beautiful shape - nice strain.
Thanx Rad.. She's quick too.. the clones had ful roots at 9 days and the moms started budding about the same time. She s not stretching much but I think she's trying stlll..

I have to give credit where credit is due, so thank you so much for such a great continuous journal. I'm certainly reading it several times over in an attempt to emulate. With journals like yours and great advice from the good folks on here (looking at you Rad) I may eventually pull this off

THANK YOU

X2

I told my better half last night that I feel like I have downloaded 10 years of growing knowledge by reading threads like this. Matrix style. Couldnt have learned this much this fast 20 years ago. Thanks again.

Beautiful Twox. I love those PE's. Not nearly as indica as I would have thought given her breeding. Looks like some definite sativa influence kicking around in there. Nice!

I have to give credit where credit is due, so thank you so much for such a great continuous journal. I'm certainly reading it several times over in an attempt to emulate. With journals like yours and great advice from the good folks on here (looking at you Rad) I may eventually pull this off

THANK YOU

Thank you very much JPinkman... I'm sure you'll be swimming in flowers soon. Be careful though, growing is very addicting. It's also nice to hear that my journal is helpful and that I'm kinda giving back to the community. :thumb:

Timing timing timing....its not bad if you take the clones early but if you wait to long and actually have to reveg then it takes forever
I've done 1 reveg and it took a month to revert... Never again.. :thumb:
This is just one of the many reasons I keep coming here. Bravo my friend. :bravo:
Thanx Am4zin, I've got more coming soon.:Namaste:
How much do u think u will yield from those gorgeous purple urkles u just harvested? 3 or 5 gallon pots??
I ran 3 gallon pots and I'm hoping for 2oz per plant but I'm guessing I'll be closer to 7 for all 4. The look of the Urkle is deceiving, She makes dense heavy flowers. Very hard to judge.:thumb:

X2
I told my better half last night that I feel like I have downloaded 10 years of growing knowledge by reading threads like this. Matrix style. Couldnt have learned this much this fast 20 years ago. Thanks again.
That's awesome, you must have took the blue pill. :) I've done the same in lots of journals.:thumb:

Beautiful Twox. I love those PE's. Not nearly as indica as I would have thought given her breeding. Looks like some definite sativa influence kicking around in there. Nice!
I thought so too, Even the shorter one isn't screaming indica but the looks of the Urkle isn't really indica either until she flowers. I'll be watching both of them closely :Namaste:

Great stuff, Twox!
Thanx Vex:high-five:

Started at the beginning...great thread. As usual, I'm late to the party....but I'm here. Thanks for terrific info.
Your not late bud, this is only the beginning. Lots of new strains coming up so we're just getting started..

Back
Top Bottom