Indica? Sativa or hybrid?

• Indica

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sativa

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
Thank you, lol I was going to play around with it some more. But gave some family some buds and spread the joy. Will try again in my next harvest lol. Hopefully I am more creative then

So an overdue update on my replacement plants 9 weeks old now. 12/12 from seed. Been super cropping them whenever I feel like it. Plant 1

And plant two flowering much faster.
And the two week old sprout, the other got decapitated by some falling pebbles, >:muhahahaha.

will try sprout another seed in a couple more weeks. Planning on 1 seed a month, hoping there all female lol maybe I should do two. Just to be safe and pick the best looking one. Because it took 6 months from seed last grow. I should harvest 1 plant a month over the next year, in other words 3 plants in flower, given at any one time, and three seedling/veg plants. Perfectly legal for Alaska residents.
welp that is the plan anyways, will wait and see how everything turns out. :) ohyeah I harvested the rest of the purple duck yesterday morning
DE21424D-FE0A-45DF-85EB-15404F69E0B2.jpeg
1037D520-93BF-4CF5-A534-36EBEB19EE3C.jpeg

Damn, she was going on 15 weeks flower and still pooping new budlets here and there, and some pollen sacs every now and then I guess lol.
94FD6679-3004-4A22-A734-3BA875491107.jpeg
My friends and family loved the bud, getting compliments such as top shelf, grade A, super sticky, and how much all the weed I bought from the dispensary lol XD oh man that one cracked me up.

week 10 update, haven’t really been keeping track of plant ec or water levels really for the past couple weeks, just res changes every week or so. Keeping the ec between 1050-1250. Ph it down to to 6.8-6.9 not really any concerning problems. Except there is signs of old nute burn from a couple weeks a go due to my way to lax water treatment.
image.jpg

Doesn’t really concern me to much as it is only a few leaves, but did remind me that I need to be more attendant to water levels and ec.
image.jpg

this plant is monstrous and exploding in growth, responding well to the super cropping, I tried taking photographs of specific branches to show their growth. But with all the leaves and other branches, can’t really get a good pic. But it’s amazing.just noticed that the plant is starting to develop her own Unique smell profile, slightly diffrent then last week. Having high hopes for this one as it’s growth has caught my attention.
image.jpg

and this plant looking beautiful and very stout.a lot more dense leaf wise compared to the others long spaced out and more open. Loving how it’s flowering much faster and Very compact utilizing her entire area nicely and evenly I’d say. Loving how the branches are all about the same height with some super cropping, but it looks more like it’s in its genes I think. Except the main stem which I plan on super cropping sometime later if needed to keep the canopy level. but not as curious as to it’s out come lol I gotta feeling it will be dank, just doesn’t have me dreaming of it.
image.jpg

as fer the two week old replacement, don’t know much about her other then I got the seed from some dispensary bud will call her dispensary bud lol, not much to see there oh well. And yeah one of the above plants, might have been a dispensary seed from bud also, maybe the taller one, as I usually go for the sativa strains, I just can’t help myself, but I will buy the occasional indica. I know fer sure I got 1 indica Dispensary seed and a few sativa hybrids. Will have to look through my seed drawer some time and confirm which seeds are missing later To further contemplate on possible genes
Happy 4/20 all day every day fellow growmies

Another update to show some super cropping I did today
386B3845-1FB8-4A3B-A6AC-CE95F767E7EF.jpeg

Planning on keeping her at this height As long as I can
10167C8E-9911-4A2E-9F20-5D370E2857E1.jpeg
D9810388-9043-4DDE-BC5B-2174F32023EE.jpeg
7BEB8B37-8A26-47B1-BCAB-42902CA00141.jpeg

the smaller one is rather low maintenance, as I said in previous posts with some luckily well placed super cropping I did while she was in veg she is growing much more level. And I think it’s pretty cool that some strains flower so much faster then others. A good demonstration of a fast flowering plant, and a Nice slow one if you ask me. Happy 4/20 you marijuana enthusiasts XD

Week 11 update, week 3 since pistils.
3C0AB281-9B8A-484B-B53E-ED553CA2E1F2.jpeg
Another super crop performed on main cola as it was 9 inches higher then the rest, But didn’t bend as far as I’d liked it, but further pinching seems a bit too risky.
45FF4034-00CB-4BA0-9CA1-304F3BB85099.jpeg

Evidence of nute burn still present on this plant as well , ec was at 1280 might lower nutes 1050 ec next week if signs persist.
BCD994EE-9D17-41F3-937F-35038D6294CE.jpeg

D9F82A5B-DF64-4ED6-9E15-D72FB8FE8559.jpeg

also elevated her 6 inches closer to the light to the day. Very herbal spice cabinet smell, like chives or sage or something of the sorts. Judging by the size and rate she’s growing I’m thinking she might put out 3 1/2 oz but damn look at her main cola, it is pretty for a dwarfish plant
AC81BFD1-8563-41DD-85FB-3D29D54E3183.jpeg

Week 11 update 3 weeks since pistils,
D01C8F1C-1B41-412E-882F-6FE00C2BE4F8.jpeg

Thinking of growing her in the window part of the day while direct sunlight is hitting her,
Super cropped branches from last week appear to have recovered nicely
5DA894C0-BA26-426A-ABFF-4162130A48D2.jpeg

A5861935-A476-404F-ADAD-50C6249E8A15.jpeg

As you can see the new growth starting to bulge out of the tear above, I take that as a good sign of growth. And below is the top, flowering a lil faster then other branches,
FF418750-F96C-4EAB-A7A4-C6E898D2ECB2.jpeg

Well this plant has been okay with 1260 ec, I’m a week she brought that down to 840 ec. So might add a quart of nutrient water in the middle of the week or not, there isn’t any signs of problems on her growth, except for the bottom fan leaves that are falling off because the stems are out growing them
10017C5A-EEE2-49CF-945B-B4643DA591F9.jpeg

901F0EC2-6B62-46A4-A3AC-ADC67B5A3314.jpeg

The plant naturally pruning herself.
And based on this plants growth, I am thinking she will put out 6 oz, which would be amazing, but we shall wait and see

moving on to this lil guy 3 weeks old now. Received these seeds in the mail from a Colorado company. Trying to germinate the pop rocks, a lemon blue Thai crossed with c99 I believe. Going to try germinate 1 seed per month.
DE327FBB-AA24-4384-ABC0-4FDC7B1B372E.jpeg
0EEA793B-9B9A-4607-AC6F-A370BCC645A8.jpeg

Also debating growing in soil, ordered 2.8 cubic feet of hp soil, and 4 cubic feet of perilite with 50 grow bags,mainly going to the outdoor veggie garden. Might try growing two plants out in soil though just to see if my knowledge of hydro will finally end in a successful soil harvest indoors lol. I Have a 3-4 years experience of failed soil attempts.o_O Would like to change that.
so yeah what the bleep might as well just grow for it. Since I’ve got some family and friends interested In growing themselves but just don’t want to invest in hydro thinking it’s way to complicated and requiring next level labs or some bleeps to do it.:eye-roll:
So I guess I will try growing 1 or 2 in hp promax soil, with just Mc as nutes and some recharge in 5 gallon grow bags. If any of you out there know any one growing in hp and using Mc please let me know would be much appreciated. If this future soil harvest is successful would like to pass on my newfound soil experience to some family and friends. As they are starting to get the growers itch after my last harvest.

If any of you out there know any one growing in hp and using Mc please let me know would be much appreciated
Here's three off the top of my head.

Sweet, going to start some research, I believe I’ve got like 2 weeks or something before they get here.
thank you very much MrSauga you’ve been very helpful from winter, going on to summer now. Enjoyed your recent informational posts in your thread about potassium, I found the timing.. idk what to call it. as I was watching some pbs show on diatoms or whatever them lil calcium ocean bugs are.
and some of the sources lol,
Think I’ll start with shed, as I like his stuff,
Rest well knowing you did one good deed today :slide:

Ugh playing catch up with Everyones journals can be such a daunting task. But totally worth it if I can learn something new. What’s new with you @MrSauga i have found more wormy critters in 1 bucket. Letting them chill till Saturday or Sunday before forcefully evicting them lil squatters.

What’s new with you @MrSauga i have found more wormy critters in 1 bucket. Letting them chill till Saturday or Sunday before forcefully evicting them lil squatters.
lol, same as you. Trying to get caught up with journals... without the wormy critters ;)

So as I stood observing my plants a bit baked as usual pondering the question of what stage of flower this plant is in I had a sudden realization, a stroke of pure inspiration an eureka moment.
image.jpg

Looking at all the tips it is quite obvious it is in flower. A closer look and you see that it is preflower or early flower.this is week 4 flower I’d say, although it was grown 12/12 from seed so really week 12 but I did notice some pistils showing about 4 weeks ago
Heres the main cola
image.jpg

here’s the super cropped one halfway down the plant
image.jpg

then the bottom branches
image.jpg

Now they all look pretty much the same and growth is pretty slow. Must mean it’s in full flower right? (As in the stretch has ended) erp wrong! I’d think that would be the wrong statement. I would say that it is still transitioning to flower in that stretch/preflower phase whatever one wishes to call it. It’s just that the growth at the tips are always going to be the more mature PART of the plant, and not the WHOLE plant. as I stood there high I thought it would be much better to gauge what stage of growth the plant was in is as whole.
well what do I mean? Well why don’t I show you as best I can.
Here look at this photo of the lowest branch on the totem pole
image.jpg

does not look anywhere close as far along as the growth further up the totem pole. In fact I would say that it is still in stretch. Wouldn’t exactly call that a pre flower just yet. meaning it’s got a lot less flowering hormones. Leading me to believe that this plant is yet to really mature and is still in transition to flower.
More photos stretching lower branches

B688F731-6434-4AE7-BB02-B200C47A4593.jpeg

4DE2B16A-F0DB-4AFA-8454-6738D9C70535.jpeg

D6051722-783F-4729-9D86-46BEA20B659A.jpeg

since these are growing on the same plant. Just lower down the branches, and the branches branches. Must mean that the plant as a whole isn’t quit mature yet, but in transition. Although the growth up top looks to be in early preflower mode, a week or two ahead in terms of growth I would guess. I guess what I’m really trying to say is that the mature flowering hormone has yet to permeate throughout the plant and is still building them levels up. Thus not mature. o_O ;)

Lol I was going to do a part two with my dwarf plant showing that it’s is in flower as an comparison. lol. But I was high, got busy, side tracked and well maybe I’ll get around to it sometime.

and then I thought that I can just wait a couple more weeks and just do the part two of it then with the the same plant :volcano-smiley::idea::rofl:
Funny how ideas creep up a little slower and take a bit longer to fully form when stoned XD
Edit court 2
Total Edit count: 3

So week 13 update waited a bit cause I wanted to show the next stage of flower, early flower/flower Phase
main cola
image.jpg

Mid super cropped cola
image.jpg

bottom cola
image.jpg

lower stretchy scrawny branches stopped stretching and are now developing buds instead of stems and leaves
image.jpg

image.jpg

And even the lowest on the totem pole from last update although still scrawny probably from not having strong enough light being germination distance from the light. But it is what it is.
image.jpg

now I’d consider this the early flower/flower phase as stretch has ended. Leafs and stems aren’t being grown but buds all throughout the plant. Well except the lil 1 leafers that accompany the bases of new buds
8D8EF9EF-62F2-4035-BCF6-470104B26C80.jpeg

welcome to the long awaited fabled flower phase of marijuana:goof::party::welcome:
image.jpg
enjoy your day folks

Thank you (code named) Mr. S.
I just have feeling about this week by week countdown of flower. And how it is totally off and is not a good way of tracking flower. After seeing many posts of nice buds on the forums and people asking why it looks like this 6 weeks into flower and it should be 2 weeks from chop at 8 weeks flower. When in reality it is just entering full flower and has got more time left before it reaches late flower.
So In short with what I’ve read online and observed for myself All cannabis plants will go through these phases independently of each other much like we hoomans mature independently from each other.

1)transitioning. starts as soon as the plant detects the changes in the dark period lasting longer. Starts shifting hormone production. Thus the observable stretch and loss of fingers on New leaves and first appearance of pistils.
2)preflower later stage of stretch pistils appear regularly at all new nodes. Stretch can end here Still building hormones
3) early flower/flower stopped stretching just buds being grown with only leaves at the base of new calyx. Hormone levels have reached saturation congratulations you are now in full flower :party:
4) Late flower. majority of pistils have matured or ripened (turned brown) start observing trichomes for preference and harvest.

figures I could have put it together a couple days earlier. But wanted to make sure them lil scrawny branches of a branch we’re done stretching. Lest someone creeps in and spots this stretch and exposes me for an idiot using my words against me in quotes from previous posts pointing out that I am wrong XD
Now that would be embarrassing. Would have to make a new account and start off anew with a new identity posing as a newbie gaining more merit all over again lol.
Well maybe not that extreme.
I just super cropped 1 branch near the top
2457B190-DB63-4DBA-8DD5-44BAD793F23C.jpeg

although a bit nervous myself, I did this anyways to tackle the next thing thats been bothering me.
super cropping is bad 2-3 weeks into flower. And causes hermaphroditism in cannabis plants.
From what I’ve read and experienced. Hermaphroditism is genetic. A recessive trait.
Some cannabis plants do this naturally in the wild. Due to stress such as being in flower to long. (Wait what, stress from being in flower)
So it does this to self pollinate thinking there are no other plants around to germinate her flowers and has to do it herself. A process called those Rhodelization. A process used to create feminized seeds because it was a female plant first. And due to flowering way passed its peak reverses it’s sex. Quite rare i guess. And unreliable. Considered good hermie.
And then the stress induced hermies don’t make sense to me really, from what I’ve read they would naturally Herm out anyways with time. As it is already programmed into their genes. But with high stress accelerates this Hermy trait and makes it more profound physically. Bad hermies. Nothing to do about them other then feel cheated by the gods. Get better genes to prevent this by getting known strong non hermie strains.
Usually see both balls and flowers form side by side when you switch to flower.
That being said I hope she doesn’t herm out on me, and I show it is safe to super crop passed week 3 of flower XD
:laughtwo:

Nice breakdown on the four stages. That's good info for members using Megacrop.
Hermaphroditism is genetic. A recessive trait.
Some cannabis plants do this naturally in the wild.
Another reason they do this is to ensure survival. If there was no male to fertilize her then it triggers those recessive traits to ensure the species survive.

super cropped these ranches today
5A3E5232-69CC-4924-9332-EA4DCAB0F394.jpeg

985FAAD9-BED4-4B57-828E-E67BC5725792.jpeg

337BC4E1-8D02-4496-97F3-783440D38415.jpeg

she has a unique smell,from a distance she smells like a cat that lives in the house kind of smell. But after bending these some and smelling my fingers it is very fruity and sweet like skittles lol. I have grown a few plants that hada smell similar to that sweet candy smell. But not this cat in a house smell lol. Like kitty litter or something. Kitty musk lol. But up close way more pleasant sweeet fruity candy scent.
Side project last night
The proto canna cigar mold
DB3DCEB0-3EE4-489E-8042-8F4C3F9B0A18.jpeg

stuffed her full last night. Hope this venture works. Out for me, and if not. Welp it is what it is. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

@MrSauga you have got to try a canna cigar if you haven’t. I wouldn’t buy one personally prices way to jacked up. But you can like try making one lol. If you know someone that’s crafty like I did. Haha. Got my cousin to come over. Gave him the rough idea. And showed him my crap mold. And two hours later I got somebody else to do it for me :goof:
His reward is making himself one. And testing it out.
Or buy a mold online for like 50 bucks lol. Pretty sure those work fine to.
image.jpg

re lighting this burned for 15 minutes earlier time to Time the rest

Back
Top Bottom