Van Stank's Nukehead Sponsored Grow

Morning everyone! Checked the seeds this morning and apparently we have lift off. Nothing wrong with these Nukehead seeds. I will get this bad girls into their new homes this morning and will have pictures a bit later. Seems like these popped their tap roots nice and quick so thats a good start!! Hope everyone is staying warm. Ms Stank and I dug ourselves out of the blizzard last night. Took a nice big dose of my oil and I didn't feel any pain out there shoveling!!! Came back inside and was struggling to stay awake but it did it trick (perhaps a little too good). Now the cold front moves in.....supposed to get down in the -25 range tonight and into tomorrow.

Here are the two girls beginning to make an appearance!!

Nukehead #1

010518_Seeds_2.jpg

Nukehead #2

010518_Seeds_1.jpg

No sign of any activity in crushed Star Pupil seed I planted directly into soil. I will keep it damp and give it a week or two. (Giving her a chance Growchy!!) I was really hoping that this Star Pupil would pull through and be strong and I would have made some S1 seeds from a future clone. Hopefully it will pull through but based on how that seed look, I don't give it more than about 2% chance of popping.

Joining you again Van.....looking forward to it. :Namaste:

Hey Brightlight! Thanks for taking the ride on this train brother, glad to have you here again!

Can't wait! This shall be fun.

Hey Jay, Hey FunGoo.....glad to have you both over here on this grow. There are some doggie treats on the table Jay!

Hey Moss, welcome to the show.....nice to have a new face in the crowd!

Ding ding ding. I wanna see the nukeheads!!

Hey Rooster! Thanks for dropping in brother. Looks like you will get your wish here soon!! Gotta get these seeds in the dirt this morning and then hopefully in a day or two we will have official lift off!

Finally made it here Van.

Hey Flytier! Glad you made it brother! Snacks and beer in the coolers!

Damn that sucks major donkey nuts! I think Pw is making S1s and I will be making S1s as well when I grow her. You will have a SP in your garden one way or another dude! Excellent start to the NukeHeads! Can’t wait to see them in their forever home! I should’ve used a cushier envelope man I’m sorry!!!

No worries brother......if it wasn't meant to be with this one, it wasn't meant to be. The Em S1 seeds are fine and suffered no damage so its all good brother. I am sure I will get the Star Pupil genetics soon enough. Now to just work on getting some of Penny's Labyrinth genetics!!

Holy shit i looked at those lights you are going to kill it with those things. And your bit acct!!! Ill always remember who drove me to finally get BC. I got 200 and im gonnna hodl that 160~ish given the good market days forever!

Germination Update

Wanted to share how I do my germination process for anyone out there looking for one that has good success. I already shared the soaking process and then the wet paper towel soak as the second step. Here is what I do next, step by step. Again this works for me, I like it for specific reasons which some people may or may not necessarily agree with.

Step 1. Set up my soil cups. I stated above that I put about and inch or inch and a half of Stank Soil in the bottom of the cup. My soil is loaded with nutrients for the micro-organisms to use which will feed the seedling when the roots make it down to the bottom. The top 2/3 of the cup is topped off with Bushdoctor Coco-Loco (which has mild nutrients in it for the seedling to feed off until its ready for the much hotter Stank Soil).

010518_Germination_1.jpg

010518_Germination_2_LI.jpg

010518_Germination_3.jpg

This picture shows you what I do to the bottom of the clear solo cup. I poke holes on the bottom for two reasons.....one is for any accidental over watering to drain into the red solo cup, and the second reason is to allow oxygen into the bottom of the soil. I did this to all the clear solo cups I use for seedling germination.

010518_Germination_4.jpg

I water the soil very slowly and watch for any dripping through the holes I made. When the soil is nice and watered, its time to make some holes and drop the seedlings into the hole. I use a little bambo skewer to make my holes, but you can use anything you want.

010518_Germination_5.jpg

The whole needs to be deep enough for the entire tap root to fit into. I use a pair of sterilized tweezers to handle the seedling. Also make sure you sterilize everything else you use during this entire process....we want to give the plant the best chance to be healthy and strong

010518_Germination_6.jpg

Carefully drop the seedling into the whole with the tap root pointed downwards.

010518_Germination_7.jpg

010518_Germination_8.jpg

Once you have placed them in their new homes, carefully and gently cover them up with dirt. DO NOT pack down the top much.....you want the seedling to be able to easily break the top of the soil.

010518_Germination_9.jpg

We are almost set. Last thing I do is clean my humidity dome and then lightly mist both the top and bottom of the dome and place the cups in there and put the top on to create a nice warm and humid home for them to begin life in. I will move them to my taller humidity dome as soon as they pop up.

010518_Germination_10.jpg

010518_Germination_11.jpg

010518_Germination_12.jpg

On another side note.....I prefer starting my seedlings under T5 lights. I find they keep initial stretching down to a minimum and they are NEVER too intense for the young plants. Hope this helps anyone who is confused with what I do.....or why. I don't claim my way to be the best......its just what works for me and what I have and I happen to like it and the success I have with it (Knocks on wood).

Nice way to start out Van. Its kinda nice to see some of these grows start fresh where all the knowledge you vets have and equipment get brought forward and summarized. This should be a fun grow to watch. I am in.

Don’t EVER say you have enough beans!!!!

I didn't say I had enough beans......I said "like I need more seeds". Big difference brother!! I always want more beans.....I just don't NEED them!! And speaking of new seeds.....my last gift arrived from the November MOTM prizes. The seeds from Gorilla Seeds arrived. A definite nice surprise.....especially with the freebies they through in. Here was the lineup they sent! The two packs circled in red were the seeds I actually ordered.

010518_Seeds_15_LI.jpg

Lmfao have you seen his collection?

I have had to start a third shoebox for all of them. Those don't include the ones I produced myself LOL

He houses it in an Airstream...the whole thing lol....

I wish I had an Airstream.....it certainly wouldn't be used to hold seeds!! Speaking of AirStreams....when Ms Stank and I drove down to Florida, we passed a dealership in either Virginia or North Carolina that had close to 100 of them. Nice to see them making a comeback!

Subbed! Sure to be some amazing Nukes

Hey Horti....welcome! Thanks for stopping in. Will also be starting a perpetual grow journal next week as well. Will post the link here.

Damn, you’re already at page 3 before I got here. I’m losing my touch! .

I think you are just getting old!! LOL But no worries, I won't tell anyone brother!

I rarely lag farther than page 2, I’m slipping in my old age. .

Yeah I was shocked when I didn't see you over here. Thats the only reason I figured I would drop the link into your journal LOL.

Back
Top Bottom