Vetsmoke85 First Grow Stealth Cabinet

My other thought is I could put a layer of activated charcoal pellets between 2 pads on the current DIY setup but I'll probably need to add that 2nd extractor to keep enough airflow going through. Need to keep it quiet too.

Exactly, just buy one. They go cheap. Mine cost me like 30 bucks including (local) shipping. The hard part was getting a mount for it. Lucky I have a friend who runs a workshop.
I am not sure regarding posting a link here, but if it's illegal, the will gladly remove it :) check filter-shop24.de to see how they look. But you can find them a bit cheaper.
And trust me, when it comes to a filter, there is no overkill :)
Sweet I'll have a look now. Nothing else to do on a night shift. Ha ha.

So now I'm looking how I can squeeze a 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter into the cabinet. Can pick one up fairly cheap. Just got to confirm dimensions and figure out the best way to route it without eating up too much growing space.

This is the strain. Hopefully fine to post the link as it's from a site sponsor.

Here she is. Looking a little yellow though. At the end of the lights being off for 6 hours. See what happens after 18 hours under the light.

Attachments

• 20190317_142052.jpg
    20190317_142052.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190317_142020.jpg
    20190317_142020.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20190317_141955.jpg
    20190317_141955.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Thanks. Happy to see her. I germinated by soaking in a shot glass for 12 hours then put her straight into the soil. Skipped the paper towels. Read that ideally the root shouldn't be exposed to any light at all. Worked this time. Yeah I gave the pot a full watering 24 hours before planting the seed and only gave a light spray to the top yesterday. Will leave it alone now. Now the fun begins.

Looking nice and green today. Still got the dome over her to keep humidity up a bit, any tips on when to remove this permanently? RH in the cabinet is normally around 50%. Has she stretched a little too much. Stem looks nice and strong to me but I'm a total newb.

Attachments

• 20190318_095337.jpg
    20190318_095337.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190318_095327.jpg
    20190318_095327.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 35
Hey! Good luck with her! ;)

Glad, she found her way up to the surface, my very first AK auto seed was not so lucky. Once her taproot showed up, I put her into a rooting cube, but the root was still so small, I think it wasn't able to reach out from the shell yet, should have stayed in water or moist paper towel for a bit longer.

I will follow you along your journey, happy growing! :cool: :green_heart:

Hey! Good luck with her! ;)

Glad, she found her way up to the surface, my very first AK auto seed was not so lucky. Once her taproot showed up, I put her into a rooting cube, but the root was still so small, I think it wasn't able to reach out from the shell yet, should have stayed in water or moist paper towel for a bit longer.

I will follow you along your journey, happy growing! :cool::green_heart:
How long did you leave her in there? I didn't even have a tap root showing before I planted. 3 days later she appeared. Glad to have you along. I'm super excited about her. Ha ha. I was actually worried she wouldn't germinate so I chucked another seed in a shot glass 3 days ago for good measure. That's now popped a tap root so I may just put her in a 1L pot in the corner and see what happens. Seen a guy on another forum get 9-15g from autos in a 1L pot. Hard to keep alive though.

How long did you leave her in there? I didn't even have a tap root showing before I planted. 3 days later she appeared. Glad to have you along. I'm super excited about her. Ha ha. I was actually worried she wouldn't germinate so I chucked another seed in a shot glass 3 days ago for good measure. That's now popped a tap root so I may just put her in a 1L pot in the corner and see what happens. Seen a guy on another forum get 9-15g from autos in a 1L pot. Hard to keep alive though.

Well, in the cube? She sat there for around 9-10 days. After I dug the seed up to see what's happened, I could see that by that time the root kind of "disappeared". I believe she was already dead for several days by then.
I'm not sure about it, but I think my problem was that the thin hole was quite deep, but it was tight also, and as I put the seed in there, I didn't push it down enough, so the root was swinging in the air. I didn't think it through when I planted her, but it seems to be the cause of her death to me now.
This problem shouldn't really appear if one puts the seed right into soil, not into a cube, because soil is not that rigid as these cubes are.

I have to mention that probably all of the above said is just my false theory. It might have died for qite a few other reasons. I touched the root with my finger, so it could be some bacteria that finished her. Or it could have been a defective seed too, if that's a thing.

You've probably mentioned it, but what's the size of your bigger pot? My two plants are in 15l/4gal pots which would be their final containers.
Regarding keeping alive the one in the smaller pot, I haven't heard about health issues with smaller pots, I guess it's just that they grow smaller.

Well, in the cube? She sat there for around 9-10 days. After I dug the seed up to see what's happened, I could see that by that time the root kind of "disappeared". I believe she was already dead for several days by then.
I'm not sure about it, but I think my problem was that the thin hole was quite deep, but it was tight also, and as I put the seed in there, I didn't push it down enough, so the root was swinging in the air. I didn't think it through when I planted her, but it seems to be the cause of her death to me now.
This problem shouldn't really appear if one puts the seed right into soil, not into a cube, because soil is not that rigid as these cubes are.

I have to mention that probably all of the above said is just my false theory. It might have died for qite a few other reasons. I touched the root with my finger, so it could be some bacteria that finished her. Or it could have been a defective seed too, if that's a thing.

You've probably mentioned it, but what's the size of your bigger pot? My two plants are in 15l/4gal pots which would be their final containers.
Regarding keeping alive the one in the smaller pot, I haven't heard about health issues with smaller pots, I guess it's just that they grow smaller.
Ah I see. Have no idea about those cubes myself. The bigger pot is a 9L air pot cut down to hold approx. 4L. I read 5L should give a 60cm plant and I need to keep her short. The smaller pots need more regular attention but it can be done. All a learning experience anyway.

any tips on when to remove this permanently?

I remove the dome as soon as she pops-no humidity domes in "the real world",so,I figure,she needs to get used to the way things are going to be as soon as possible.
She looks like she's going to be a good one,doesn't appear to be stretching,at least not yet.

If she grows an inch between now and tomorrow,that would be stretching-they usually grow fairly slowly at this stage-busy growing roots and developing leaves.

I remove the dome as soon as she pops-no humidity domes in "the real world",so,I figure,she needs to get used to the way things are going to be as soon as possible.
She looks like she's going to be a good one,doesn't appear to be stretching,at least not yet.

If she grows an inch between now and tomorrow,that would be stretching-they usually grow fairly slowly at this stage-busy growing roots and developing leaves.
Thanks @carcass! I took the dome off at lights out. Lights will be coming on again soon so I'll check on her in a few hours. Humidity in the cabinet was sitting at 70% earlier which it's not done before. I know that's okay for now but will keep any eye on it to make sure I can bring that down before flower. She's a beaut.

What @carcass said.
I did the mistake of the dome a couple of grows, never ended good when eventually I removed them.

One advice I can give for most situations - do not overreact and jump into action :) she looks just fine.
Oh and stop watering her. I see wet soil around her again. You'll love her to death that way.

Back
Top Bottom