Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

a Venus Flytrap
She's something else. Wouldn't be a VG grow without some kind of drama.

Here are some pics of the GDP.
Just looks hungry to me. Guess that feeding her a eight days wasn't enough.
Gave her some more cal-mag and Purpinator. Hopefully it will slow this down.

She is still bulking up so I added more supports for her this morning. I'm afraid of her branches breaking with all the weight.
She smells fantastic and I'm looking forward to having my first taste of GDP.

Forgot to post pics of the DDAs.
DDA #1 is at day #7 since sprout and DDA #2 is at day #6.
Looks fine. Better than my last two DDA plants did at sprout.
Lil stinker is trying. Think she will be ok. I almost dropped another auto yesterday. I may not need to now.

Looks much more like a plant now, so waiting was a great idea! And your GDP can't break as it has nowhere to fall. :thumb:

Good luck with the yellowing! :nervous-guy:
Well, it almost fell out the door this morning. Lol.
I think I have her secured now.

The yellowing...oi.
Seemed like it happened really fast.

I hope the DDA appreciate how cool it is in the bud-oir right now. Probably another reason why the others are showing some issues.

Highya VG,

GDP is putting on a show for us all!! Gorgeous chunky colas!! All my ladies get the yellow fan leaf syndrome at this stage. I've tried nitrogen fertilizer which helps some, but they still turn yellow only a little slower. Still makes great buds!! I'm sure you won't be disappointed either!!
Little ones will soon be big ones!! I'm hoping for the one cotyledon tyke will pull through! Don't give up the Fight!! Happy Smokin'

I'm afraid of her branches breaking with all the weight.
Sweet!
The yellowing...oi.
I seem to go yellow in a lot of grows early in flower(2 weeks sometimes) and my bottom line seems fine to me. If there's some leaves when it's over, then I don't find it bothersome and my buds always get fat and heavy with what we want. It's possible that green through life is overrated in LOS? I'm not saying it's the best attitude to have but it's my reality. Can I do better? I'm trying. That said, think your lady is going to finish beautifully. Yours always do.

Highya VG,

GDP is putting on a show for us all!! Gorgeous chunky colas!! All my ladies get the yellow fan leaf syndrome at this stage. I've tried nitrogen fertilizer which helps some, but they still turn yellow only a little slower. Still makes great buds!! I'm sure you won't be disappointed either!!
Little ones will soon be big ones!! I'm hoping for the one cotyledon tyke will pull through! Don't give up the Fight!! Happy Smokin'
It hasn't been easy keeping them as green as I have. That is for sure. Felt like I was going crazy for a little bit there. I kept at it and even if they would seriously tank at this point, I would come away with a decent harvest.
I have hopes for the little DDA. She's still plugging away.
Hope you and Julie are well.

Sweet!

I seem to go yellow in a lot of grows early in flower(2 weeks sometimes) and my bottom line seems fine to me. If there's some leaves when it's over, then I don't find it bothersome and my buds always get fat and heavy with what we want. It's possible that green through life is overrated in LOS? I'm not saying it's the best attitude to have but it's my reality. Can I do better? I'm trying. That said, think your lady is going to finish beautifully. Yours always do.
I think I'm a salty bitch.:laughtwo:
Meaning that I prefer the instant gratification of salt based nutes.
I haven't done nearly enough reading on los for it to make any sense to me yet.
I have a friend that is doing ferments. His plants look really great.
So many avenues to explore.

Have a few pics of the girls.

I removed some of her worst leaves. They were starting to crumble and I don't want that stuck to the buds.
B'Naches need some more food or a shot of cal-mag. Early spotting on the fans. I need to stop it ASAP.
Looking a bit like she's a mutant? I think I see some funky mottling on the leaves.
Go baby, go!!

Great looking buds on that GDP. :thumb: Mine should begin flowering pretty soon. I hope mine eventually looks that nice!

Great looking buds on that GDP. :thumb: Mine should begin flowering pretty soon. I hope mine eventually looks that nice!
Sure yours will be outstanding.

Not really any purple in her but she smells exactly like fruit loops. Made me crave cereal pretty bad. And greasy. Holy smokes.

She's really taking to foxtailing like a champ. Hope to have some trich shots by the end of this or early next week for y'all.

Getting itchy for harvest. Those buds are gonna be fun to detail trim.

Now I’m craving fruit loops too!
Beautiful fattie buds VG, no surprise there! Well done :high-five:
Made the bf promise to get me fruit loops tomorrow.
I need to be prepared for my next craving!
See? The GDP has leaners not breakers! And sweet foxtails too. :)

Bnaches still look like a blackberry bush to me, and whatever the second DDA has not been doing with vertical growth it has been doing horizontally...that's some thick trunk already!
She does have a fat lil stalk.
Hope she isn't a SPOG though.

It's the purple petioles that makes it look like a wild raspberry. The leaves a bit too. We have that stuff all over around here.

The yellowing...oi.
Eek!
B'Naches need some more food or a shot of cal-mag. Early spotting on the fans. I need to stop it ASAP.
Try not to over analyze things yet. I don't think a plant seedling can pick up a def that early. It's really feeding off the cotys, and not looking for specific nutrients. Maybe the next set of leaves will be picture perfect.
Unless you are pulling my leg, then of course you're pretty funny :).

Never mind!

Looks like you sorted that out right quick!
:welldone:
Turns out that it was ridiculously easy to set up. Getting a clear pic took some doing. The adjustment wheel is a bit stiff.

Remember when I mentioned that DDA #1 may be a mutant?

I'm not complaining about her being a mutant. I just hope she turns out as well as my other DDA mutants.

then there is DDA #2. She's still growing.

They both get their first feeding today.
I should probably decide what to give them? Lmao. I'm so indecisive.

Back
Top Bottom