Volks Grow

Okay, the final total weight I'm claiming is 11 oz. It was a little more, but I still expect to lose a little weight as it cures. It wasn't the outcome I anticipated, but I'm not complaining. It paid for itself first run and I'm almost ready to launch the next round... if there are any questions, feel free to ask. All I can say is this is top shelf, all the way, and the hash is awesome too... THANKS FOR VIEWING

Congrats and thanks for running such a good journal, I've learned a ton.

Could you post some pics of the final product?

Very interested, also, in seeing what you change this time around.

I cannot wait to get my Omega Started ... I have it all set up now... I have a single 600w HPS hortilux and I am using it for shut down, I am doing Veg under Flo's right now and will have the first batch ready soon for shut down... My current strains are Cherry x AK 47 and Pre98 Bubba x Pure OG Kush.....

Currently I also Have a Green house Opp going and I was wondering if an Omega could be used as a Veg machine .... meaning that if you were to grow these in veg as close to the light as possible, say about 12-14 inches tall once those are shut down you would be able to sprout at least a 2 foot tall bush from it ... with a few of those you could create a pretty good size yield. :rollit:

ANY THOUGHTS ? :roorrip:

I cannot wait to get my Omega Started ... I have it all set up now...

:woohoo:

Another Volks

Hope your going to start a grow journal and let us follow along?

++reps for the hope ;)

I cannot wait to get my Omega Started ... I have it all set up now...

:woohoo:

Another Volks

Hope your going to start a grow journal and let us follow along?

++reps for the hope ;)

Yeah Im going to start one .. I already have the clones starting for my first batch they are Cherry x AK 47 and pre98 bubba x pure og kush so this should be pretty interesting ...

I was told the CherryAK is good for Single Cola and I was told that they harvest a Large light green cola with pinkish hairs and a soft fruity smell.

As for the BubbaOG... OG Kush looks to be a small bud plant, however Bubba is great for a heavy yield, and not knowing which was mother and or father its going to be some good times seeing what comes out. My chances are as far as I can guess...

a. small buds smaller yield but prolly with more of a stone as most small bud plants put out a really good stone but dont often produce enough weight to be worth growing....

b. mid size buds with a mix of the two highs somewhere in the middle between large yield and high potency... both are able to be done however getting them both at the same time is the key...

c. Huge colas that are great and still stony because of the strains but the plant may focus more on budding larger and stretching rather than on those dripping trichome laden tips ...

Either way I will be using Canna Products 2 part A, B for Veg and Bloom I also use rihzotonic and Cannazyme from Canna as well.

but for my SECRET WEAPON ... I turn to Emerald Triangle Products ...

They make a line of aditives called

PurpleMaxx = brings on more fully the colors in your plants genetics and oil/tricom production + 30-40%
SnowStorm = Trichome/Oil/Resin
BushMaster = Stops the stretch stage when you shut down plants and will make the 2 week transition into a 2 day one ... ABSOLUTELY 100% NECESSARY for growing in the Omega Garden
Gravity = Makes Pods and Buds much larger, by increasing the nutrient uptake of the plants the pods and buds get huge I grew 6 plants 3 with gravity and 3 without, the 3 without harvested between 21-24 grams each the ones WITH gravity were between 34-38 grams ...

These are the secrets to growing great buds .... if you have ever talked to someone that used Purplemax and had good results they will tell you the stuff works, they have an entire line of products that work too.

These aren't the best pictures... I was going to take better ones in more adequit light, but haven't had the time, or memory to do so.... :smokin:
I will though... here's what I have for now:
VG_Buds_003.JPG

VG_Buds_006.JPG

VG_Buds_010.JPG

VG_Buds_012.JPG

:yummy:

Mj1Hal: Sounds like you've got the plan... you could certainly veg in the volks, just pay attention to detail and think ahead to when you want to remove the plants from the machine ;)

I'm stoked, I got a new hortilux enhsnced spectrum super blue. The element in it looks like half hps, and half mh, it's freakin sweet. I loaded the VG up with 67 ice clones today, and installed the bulb. I have 12 more clones to go in tomorrow but I'm out of the 3" rockwool cubes. In the meantime I'm running veg nutes 800 ppm, 24hour light, and co2...

Volksgrow 2 "Ice As Nice"....

sweet bulb, expensive i bet. lol.

nice as ice. . . i cant wait to see them grow!
specifics?
how long do you plan to veg?
can you tell us what your going to feed these ones?
same feeding schedule as last run?
how many watts is the bulb?

:popcorn:

Yeah, I paid more for it (the bulb) than I should have... damn the impulsive buying, but it is a 600w hps element & a 400w mh element in a 1k housing. I paid $260, and saw it online for $144, but I would have had to wait. As far as veg goes... I'm playing it by ear, I made small clones so it'll be a few days at least. I'm using my AN Sensi Grow (during veg) and Sugar Peak all organic bloom on roughly the same feeding curve as before.

I just put the rest of the clones in today for a grand total of 79, seems I mis-placed a cube somewhere. Not all of the clones are Ice probably 60, and none of the various clones are labled... I am terrible at organization, good thing I have a sense of humor.

All my wicks are installed, clothes pins in place, and 600ppm nutes running for the next couple days.

Yeah, I paid more for it (the bulb) than I should have... damn the impulsive buying, but it is a 600w hps element & a 400w mh element in a 1k housing. I paid $260, and saw it online for $144, but I would have had to wait. As far as veg goes... I'm playing it by ear, I made small clones so it'll be a few days at least. I'm using my AN Sensi Grow (during veg) and Sugar Peak all organic bloom on roughly the same feeding curve as before.

OUCH lol. You get a fixture and ballast with that or just a little bit of "personal service" from the salesperson?

I've wondered about those bulbs.

Out of 1000 watts I'd have wanted only about 250 to be MH, but I do like the concept.

Knowing that a conversion bulb tends to eat some amount of wattage in the process, I wonder if the same holds true in this case?

Does it output the same amount (and spectrum) of light that a separate 600-watt HPS & 400-watt MH would?

Does it seem that the coverage of the two different sources mix well in your wheel? Do you expect to have one (larger) end of your wheel grow as per normal, the other end to have extremely short (maybe to the plants' detriment) internodes - but an appreciably larger amount of visible trichomes - and the middle(~) of the wheel to be... in the middle?

Is this bulb the size of a regular HPS with the "HPS part" shortened in order to fit a shortened "MH part" into it, or is it substantially longer and each part is the same size as its stand-alone counterpart?

Also wondering what the expected usable service length of this combo bulb is. If one portion of it burns out, I guess the owner is left with a very expensive 600-watt HPS (or 400-watt MH, as the case may be) - or would a partial failure cause the entire bulb to stop working?

Oh, and is that a crack in your cool-tube?

TS: Wow, um, first, yes that is a crack which I have super glued and it seems to be holding fine. As far as the bulb goes, I can't answer half your questions because I don't know, I bought it in expectation that it would be beneficial in overall growth especially since there is such a short veg period. I had many of the same questions you are asking (maybe not as many) when I installed the bulb. Great thing about the light tube, I can always swap it around to face the other way if I see one side is growing dis-proportionate. In regards to longevity, I don't use bulbs more than three grows, by then they have payed for themselves 100x over. I have found that any investment I make in my horticulture is repaid x4 in return, so what may seem pricey intially is only a drop in the bucket to what the rewards are. If it turns out the bulb is worth the extra price, I'll get another after this one expires.

I'm running a digital ballast (quantum 1kw) so energy loss should be at a minimum, I try to be as thrifty as possible. I like the fact the pictures look a little nicer with the blue light added. The spectrum is better overall than the enhanced hps I was using, as far as comperable? I guess it would depend on which bulb you're refering to!?! I know a little about a lot, as opposed to a lot about a little, which means I probably know nothing, which is still something...
Here she is:
004156.JPG

003158.JPG

Back
Top Bottom