Waknbake88's 2013 Blue Mystic Indoor Soil Grow

i also have problems with smells but i use plug in air fresheners and find they work very well around the home and keeps the smell under some sort of control, if you get the plug in airfresheners that have the 3 bottles of incense in them then the smells rotate and the new smell then stands out, i have people come round and they dont notice the smell of the plants so works ok, once i get into late flower then the smell starts to creep back but its not to bad plus a lot of people smoke bud in the block of flats/apartments i live in so it dont stand out,

Yeah I'm going to have to get some of those, I also do candles cause they smell good and set a vibe but my boy is four now and like anything fire or dirt related so I can't do that unless he is at pre k or a sitter which hardly ever happens lol.

image3696.jpg
image3837.jpg

Before and after lol

Hi wb88, Not to sure about the LST on auto's, if you do LST it might extend the length of time needed to harvest. My next grow I'm doing 2 auto AK's from Royal queen seeds. 1 of them I'm going to top at the 4th node and try a very little LST on it, and the other I'm going to leave alone and see which produces more and how long etc...should be a fun experiment. :)

Plants are looking great man. :thumb:

Yeah I might wait on that cause its a small box and I have not ever tried good ak.......we got this shit one time the guy called us and said he had just got a shipment in from Cali with the tag still with it he wanted a buck twenty a quarter after seeing it we gave him 30 bucks for a 8th and rolled it up it looked like shit and smoked ok in a J but not so well in a bowl so I hope my own brand is better then the knockoff he was trying to hustle. I got a vertigo auto that I think I'm going to grow in a 5 gallon pot while I veg/train a purple paralysis next to it for the duration of the auto grow then when the auto is done I will switch the lights on a 2month+ bush. I also have a critical+auto but heard they are smelly and I got to get my tallboy filter first but if I get that in time I might run a tent with all three autos and then grow out the laughing Buddha and purp,e paralysis together. First things first though I got to pamper these blues lol

Can I do a little Scrog with a auto? Got a paradise seeds auto ak and a free veg chamber. Inputs welcome

23316.jpg

YES. :) But tread lightly. I suggest more like guiding than forcing.

hi mate,

i wouldnt do anything with autos, anything that stresses the plant will stunt growth, you cant keep autos in veg no matter what you do, the flower under any schedule and i find they flower quicker under 24-0 and 20-4 so you end up with less yield, ive worked with one auto strain for a while and in the middle of producing 2 new auto strains, 1 that yields well and another thats a nice strong bud, gdp cheese auto is the one im working on and the kc45 auto is been bread to produce a nice yield,

i started growing kc45 autos under 24-0 and 20-4 and i kept getting poor yields of around 1/4 oz per plant, then i decided to grow them under 12-12 from seed to harvest, each time i was getting 2oz per plant under 12-12, now this is only with the 1 strain i have tried this but i got poor results on other strains under 24-0 but did not try them under 12-12.

now this is just my theroy so dont take it as been true,
now autos dont flower due to light schedules because they grow in climates that have long days for half the year and short nights for the rest, thats where ruderalis grows which is the auto part of the strain.
now as i got more yield and longer grow times out of using 12-12 from seed to harvet im thinking that autos start flowering due to age in light hours and not age in days, under 24-0 they start flowering early and harvest early, but i found giving autos a dark period each day such as 18-6 the plants took longer to grow and got bigger,

so im leaning towards them ageing due to total light hours and not days, this would mean under 24-0 they would mature quicker and start flowering quicker where as under 18-6 or 12-12 then their getting less hours of light per day which means they take longer to start flowering, my plants under 12-12 took 2 to 3 weeks longer to start flowering and 3 weeks longer to reach harvest compared with 24-0 and 20-4,
but thats my theory and its something im working on with the auto seeds im producing, ive turned a whole kc45 auto to seed so i got a lot of kc45s to work with as im breeding the best pheno type to produce the biggest plants with biggest yields, im also pollenating an auto bubble and auto northern lights so i can test the age theory,
the gdp cheese auto is my own strain and one ill be perfecting over the time i will be growing it and working with it,

now for training autos i would do very little to them, you cant keep them in veg and they will start flowering when their ready, ive had autos that start flowering from week 2 from seed and some that start flowering from week 4 to 7,

so defol method stunts growth, topping and fim stunts growth so you would end up with a smaller yield, scrog i dont think you would have time to fill a scrog but i might be wrong depending on strain, their was a grower on here who was using a scrog i think or could of been lst and he had to take it down as the auto started flowering and he had less yield because of this,

so i do use a gentle form of low stress training, i dont pull the plant over or anything drastic like you do with regular lst, what i do is use a very light form of lst just so it opens the plants up and makes the light hit all parts of the plants, so i use pipe cleaners and gently pull the side branches open and i gently pull the stem over a few degrees just so the whole plant is getting light.

now all of this is my own oppinion and what i have found to be true with autos, but i have not grown that many auto strains, id say about 10 or 15 in total and only really worked with the best strain i got from the autos i grew, so thats the very cheap kc45 auto, ive paid £20 for auto seeds and slightly more and got poor results with some very nasty tasting buds, then i bought a pack of 10 kc45 autos for £10 and again got poor results, then i tried growing them under 12-12 and ended up with 1ft buds and a 3ft plant where as under 24-0 and 20-4 the plants was lucky if they made it 1ft high at harvest,

but ive not grown the strain your growing and breeders are now producing autos that yield well, in the past they was produced to reach harvest fast and meant to be grown in sog style grow, then if you got just 10g dry per plant in 56 days then its all good a you could have 100 plants producing 10g dry per 60days which means your getting 1000g dry every 2 months or just over, so then the yields are good as you can grow more plants per year so you get a lot in return, but you need high plant numbers to get good returns,

but your growing the plants and do what you think is best, its all a big learning curve and ive still got a lot to learn and im learning lots by producing my own seeds and working on producing my own strains,

but i would not top or fim an auto, i think the lost growth due to recovery time is to much to lose and badly affects yield, but some form of lst would work well as your allowing the light to reach all parts of the plant which means bigger buds at all bud sites.

as for a scrog well im not to sure about this method with autos, if it had a long enough veg time then it might pay off but as you cant choose how long their in veg you might end up with less yield as you would have smaller buds, but if it had long enough in veg then it might pay off, but its not knowing the veg time that makes it hard to work out,

Donpaul.p that is a vary in depth answer and the reason I decided to join this site, keep it coming brother I'm soaking in the knowledge and taking notes! I think I might go ahead in the next couple of weeks and throw a auto into my tent under 12/12 so by the time it has any size on it the bigger plants will be getting chopped.then I can incorporate the other auto in different time intervals to keep a little rotation until I run out of autos then grow the purple paralysis and laughing Buddha. What size pot would you recommend do you think a 5 gallon is sufficient for a auto?

Yup it's brick weed but its all I'm willing to pay for and all imma be smoking.its kinda like grocery shopping when your hungry.....you buy a bunch of awsome shit so I figure if I grow and smoke this shit ill appreciate my plants a little more and cut less corners.

Hey Wake N Bake;)
Saw your journal and thought Id drop in...Nice work with your plants, do you LST or top?? I LST, a single plant each grow - usually harvesting over 1 pound p/plant. Last was down a bit as I snapped the main stem clean in half and was only attached by thin fibres!! Luckily my old grapevine pruning/grafting skills were ample and it survived to grow on but only produced minimal branching.,
Good to see your also a soil grower - I use an organic soil called HUMUS and its great for my girls;) I mix about 70% of that, and some other good quality pot mix with a little Pea straw mulch,fine, and this gives great results IMO.
Doesnt withhold alot of water, drains well and roots thrive. I usually feed with Seaweed extract, I have a normal version and a Powerfeed one with more N,P,K and amino's, great bacteria for microbial life.
Ive just flipped my current girl to flower - But she s only on a 15/7 schedule atm, only for couple days and then shell be on 12/12.. She was on 17/7 light/dark schedule - So hopefully in the couple days she wont have much stretch once she s dropped to 12/12.
And standing @ 3.5ft H x 4ft W currently, Im guessing maybe 2 - 2.5ft of stretch during flower - I have a max height of 7ft, So hoping she sticks around 6.5ft??
Drive by some time if ya like on one of my journals, newest one is the last one under my Sig. Teresa grow.. Catch ya, Smokem:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom