We Can't Stop Here! This Is Bat Country

1.Do you use uncured (fresh frozen) weed/trim for Rosin or Hash?
2. Do you cure your flower?
(If yes to 2, proceed to 3)
3. Why do you cure your smoking weed and not your processing weed?
So I'm not super well versed with the process so it's more what I've read than can verify myself, yet :)

This run was fresh frozen, fresh frozen is meant to preserve more terps and make for a really flavourful end product that is purer/able to full melt more consistently. I can't verify that but I've run some dry trim myself and the end product was way more contaminated and had no flavour at all, although potent. Because of that fact I decided to test fresh frozen on this run, and it did smell heavenly throughout the process :D

I cure my flower but I'm brand new to this and not convinced on curing just yet, what I mean by that is if your flower doesn't taste good when it's finished drying then I'm not sure how the cure will change that? I've noticed myself jarred bud can improve in flavour over time but it's more like it "gets better, deeper flavours" rather than it changes from bad to good? Way more testing for me on this before I am able to form a proper opinion. My current flower tasted crap after drying but it's now curing for 2 weeks before I test it again, I'm not convinced it will be any better lol.

You make a very good point though and I need to do way more testing myself to confirm anything. I could make bubble from some dried material from the same seeds which would make for a good test but it's a lot of work and will probably be a better test in future when I've grown healthier plants. I'm probably just gonna throw this trim into cannabutter :D

Whole lotta text there without many answers sorry mate :rofl:

Garden looks great Amigo. :high-five:
I guess you enjoyed the Superbowl.:rofl:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
I can't stand Filthadelphia or their teams, the fans aren't usually a picnic either... so to see them play their hearts out and get crushed... it's like sweet sweet manna for my soul.
I feel unburdened by their defeat, somehow lighter and more free to breathe clean air... and talk my shit. Hahaha HTTR!
Hail To The Redskins!

So I'm not super well versed with the process so it's more what I've read than can verify myself, yet :)

This run was fresh frozen, fresh frozen is meant to preserve more terps and make for a really flavourful end product that is purer/able to full melt more consistently. I can't verify that but I've run some dry trim myself and the end product was way more contaminated and had no flavour at all, although potent. Because of that fact I decided to test fresh frozen on this run, and it did smell heavenly throughout the process :D

I cure my flower but I'm brand new to this and not convinced on curing just yet, what I mean by that is if your flower doesn't taste good when it's finished drying then I'm not sure how the cure will change that? I've noticed myself jarred bud can improve in flavour over time but it's more like it "gets better, deeper flavours" rather than it changes from bad to good? Way more testing for me on this before I am able to form a proper opinion. My current flower tasted crap after drying but it's now curing for 2 weeks before I test it again, I'm not convinced it will be any better lol.

You make a very good point though and I need to do way more testing myself to confirm anything. I could make bubble from some dried material from the same seeds which would make for a good test but it's a lot of work and will probably be a better test in future when I've grown healthier plants. I'm probably just gonna throw this trim into cannabutter :D

Whole lotta text there without many answers sorry mate :rofl:
Just checking to see others feelings on the matter.
I have multiple grows of the same strain, all cured differently. (Due to life issues and bullshit)
The fresh well dried weed and fresh frozen trim- all head buzz, cerebral and uplifting, weak body effect, no couch lock, harsh - flavor tasted great though - just like the plant smells growing.
This same bud didn't cure at all over time because it was over dry from hanging too long - buzz remained the same throughout the 5 month cure.

Buds hung for 10 days and Jared while still wet, around 75%ish, burped daily for a month and then weekly. Still semi wet after 5 months in jar.
Tastes like spices and foreign aromas, far from the original profile, heavy deep stoned buzz, weight on the chest from thick smoke, almost in confusion. Well cured.
Both Orange Punch Mimosa grown outdoors, fed on the same nutrient slop bucket.
I've found the same results making RSO from buds or trim. My Fresh trim makes heady, speedy RSO. My Cured trim makes RSO that'll bury you under the couch.
I didn't know if you guys had similar results or if it's just my lab.

I can't stand Filthadelphia or their teams, the fans aren't usually a picnic either... so to see them play their hearts out and get crushed... it's like sweet sweet manna for my soul.
I feel unburdened by their defeat, somehow lighter and more free to breathe clean air... and talk my shit. Hahaha HTTR!
Hail To The Redskins!
I feel the same way about the Flyers.
The 70's were a shite show.
There was a time I wanted to cripple Bobby Clark. :rofl:
Still can't stand Philly. :rolleyes:
:high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Just checking to see others feelings on the matter.
I have multiple grows of the same strain, all cured differently. (Due to life issues and bullshit)
The fresh well dried weed and fresh frozen trim- all head buzz, cerebral and uplifting, weak body effect, no couch lock, harsh - flavor tasted great though - just like the plant smells growing.
This same bud didn't cure at all over time because it was over dry from hanging too long - buzz remained the same throughout the 5 month cure.

Buds hung for 10 days and Jared while still wet, around 75%ish, burped daily for a month and then weekly. Still semi wet after 5 months in jar.
Tastes like spices and foreign aromas, far from the original profile, heavy deep stoned buzz, weight on the chest from thick smoke, almost in confusion. Well cured.
Both Orange Punch Mimosa grown outdoors, fed on the same nutrient slop bucket.
I've found the same results making RSO from buds or trim. My Fresh trim makes heady, speedy RSO. My Cured trim makes RSO that'll bury you under the couch.
I didn't know if you guys had similar results or if it's just my lab.
Very interesting on the terp profile changes, I'll definitely look out for that. The changes with the effects sound like they make a lot of sense to me, the trich keep degrading into other compounds slowly over time during the cure right?

The freshly dried buds I smoked recently had the very same effects you reference so I will compare after curing and report back :D

The boom-boom room is in effect, clone got 3 of its nodes coated in colloidal silver, we'll flip it to 12-12 after 3 days of treatment. Hopefully this will result in seeds seeds and more seeds!
Bonus Tric Shots, a Canopy pic, and a group photo!

20230215_094347.jpg

20230215_094356.jpg

20230214_184615.jpg

20230214_184457.jpg

20230214_184224.jpg

20230214_184331.jpg

I ordered some new beans from the sponsor @Herbies Seeds. This is my first seed buy and these boys delivered em pretty quickly, and the order process was decent, even though I had to do it thru a pay app off-site. 🙄
To Be Clear:
-I don't know a damn thing about Herbies Seeds or the Growers of these weed seeds, they were having a sale.
- this isn't a shoutout or a sponsored grow, I just buy the shit I think I want.
-I made these KNF nutrients and mixed this supersoil in my basement while very stoned, YMMV.

Featuring: CBD Amnesia and Bubblegum

I chose the CBD to try and chef up a more medicinal version of decarbo'd rosin, than the head ringing shit that I make now - that schmooze will literally shut your body down, frame by frame, if you go rogue and eat a big gob. Fun for parties, but less than optimal for relaxing with the kids after a long day of work. Hopefully the CBD Amnesia being almost 1:1 will give a deep and robust relaxation, without pulling my eyelids down past my chin. Time will tell.

The bubblegum is just cause I got jealous watching @Grand Daddy Black grow some dark dank little princesses, and the way he described the flavor and aroma had me doing the Wolf whistle. Got to see what that's all about!

I did em up just like my vegetables.
Soaked the seeds in KNF Seed Soak Solution, the pucks soaked in a diluted KNF Veg Solution, then threw em into the germination tray.
Soon they'll be under the lights right next to my vegetables in a bottom-watered peat pot, then transferred to the big 27gal SIP Tote.

I'm hyped baby, got the goosebumps I'm so excited. This run will be featuring KNF inputs in supersoil, so it should be a righteous grow!... but I'll be building a "High Brix" soil for the Christmas grow, so check up on your boy from time to time! We doin it up in this dojo mofo!

20230217_205444.jpg

20230217_211809.jpg

20230217_215422.jpg

20230217_215740.jpg

Sounds like a righteous grow for sure! Living organic soil, KNF AND an absolutely MASSIVE SIP?

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do with this one :cheer:

Sounds like a righteous grow for sure! Living organic soil, KNF AND an absolutely MASSIVE SIP?

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do with this one :cheer:
Go big or go home! The flower girls look to have about 3 weeks left, so that's perfect to get these jellybeans sprouted and SIP'n.
I hope Herbies doesn't let me down with the genetics... I'm a smarmy SOB when I'm disappointed in a company I made a good-faith purchase from...
"Playing with my money, is like playing with my Emotions! " (Big Worm)

I'm flapping my gums alot in here, but there's alot going on!
The homemade Bokashi Bran is finished fermenting, so the kids and I mixed a couple big slops into the SIP dirt to get it heated up, and spread the rest on a tarpaulin (I love that word) to dry in the sun.
I'll mix some of this into my garden soil and give some of it to my FIL to spread on his chicken coop floor and in his goat pen. It'll help break down poo and keep the smell down so he doesn't have to scoop so often.

20230218_101038.jpg

20230218_102555.jpg

Charred bones, tossed into vinegar = water soluble Cal/Phos.
Bonus pic of my first attempt at collecting IMO, (the box is filled with par-boiled rice and covered with a paper towel and mesh screen... we'll see what happens in 3 days!

20230219_145058.jpg

20230219_160916.jpg

20230219_160413.jpg

My Bubblegum poked her head out of the peat puck this afternoon, and the CBD looks like it's agitating the dirt as well. We should have baby pictures when the lights come back on in the morning.
Speaking of babies, I've got another one on the way!
I should know the sex in 2 weeks, I'm hoping for another boy, cause my little girl is a straight Pit-Boss and I can't have two of them splitting the house into rival factions...

Baby pictures. One opened up and ready to go, the other just a pea head looking above the crust.
I'll try not to do anything stupid and kill them, because I don't have replacement seeds for these strains.

20230220_181357.jpg

20230220_181401.jpg

The babies are getting their sea-legs, acclimating to the environment nicely.
The flower girls look to have about 2 weeks till they get evicted. I was a week or two off of my "perpetual schedule" but better to be behind schedule than ahead of it, I've found...

These girls are growing pretty good, considering that they are growing in a bag of river rocks and pine bark nuggets.

20230221_074309.jpg

20230221_074257.jpg

20230221_205251.jpg

20230221_205135.jpg

20230221_205448.jpg

20230221_205307.jpg

I got drunk last night, didn't mean to, but it happened. Woke up calling my buddies Earl and Ralph... luckily the girls aren't holding it against me.
They are growing away, got their solar panels stretching out a far as they can.

The SIP is growing a bunch of fuzz with the bokashi in there. My soft rock phosphate was just delivered, so I'll mix that and some other rock powders into the SIP dirt, then water it in with a gallon of aerated microbial tea (worm castings, IMO, splash of molasses)
That should get the party started so these ladies can saunter in next week and make a real splash!

Now I'm going to lay down until my wife gets here with gingerale and Wendy's food...

20230224_103953.jpg

20230224_104011.jpg

20230224_104143.jpg

I've decided to try droughting.
Reading thru the @Krissi Carbone journals and seeing her and her merry band of gentlemen- starving these plants of juice and getting globs of trichome goo in return... I'm ready to take the plunge... these are probably the last photos of them being beautiful. 🥺

20230225_183424.jpg

20230225_183438.jpg

20230225_183443.jpg

20230225_183458.jpg

20230225_183447.jpg

20230225_183521.jpg

Back
Top Bottom