Dropped my phone somehow in a jar of water a few nights ago when I was sleeping. There was only about a inch of water in there and it took a while before sizzling sounds woke me up. I dissected the phone but couldn't revive it. Strangely I felt not one tiny bit of attachment or loss at the death of this thing I used so much. But I know I 'need one to function'. It's inescapable. Till I get around to ordering one through the mail I resurrected an ancient one with a badly shattered screen. Its OS is too old to handle the site properly and I can only see the last few posts of any thread, among a bunch of other issues.
Just thought I'd post that stuff as an excuse for not being around here much.

I just don't know how to start to reply to all those interesting posts without writing a mini book. On a tiny busted phone...

Tead I was thinking about your comment about how we are all driven to seek comfort. I can't go back and reread to see if you even said 'driven' or not. Or re-read Graytail's post that you were replying to.
Anyway, if I have it right what you said...
In a way that makes total sense but in another way it's sort of meaningless, or a conundrum - because to be driven is itself a state of discomfort. Are we really driven to reach a state where we are not driven anymore? I'm not so sure. I think for the most part we humans are much more disposed to be thrashing around on a journey than we are to be relaxing at the peaceful destination. We are much more driven to seek comfort than we are to possess it. Those two words 'seeking' and 'comfort' are almost mutually exclusive states anyway. For all the seeking and striving that the billions of us engage in, in the name of comfort, I'm sure seeing a lot more of the first one than the second. But then existence on earth is really such a crazy seething mass, such a life and death daily struggle for every life form, why would we ever expect to be comfortable for very long? It would go against everything.
It really seems like almost all of the magic of life dwells in the first word. The magic of existence is on the edge, in the struggle. And it shows more in the eyes of people living close to that edge than it does in the ones living the alleged suburban dream.

Without getting totally autobiographical I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that I've spent more time alone than anyone on this forum, as I grew up in a truly remote wilderness with a small family. Raised by wolves pretty much. Back in those days not only was there a lot more wilderness in northern BC and the Yukon, but there were also more bush rats. That's a way of life that's really been lost. Guys that would head out bush for the winter with a bunch of dried beans and a rifle, a big packsack full of gear, spend the winter out there prospecting or running a trapline,and emerge in the spring.
We were a little less solitary then the true hermits. We were a family for starters. Bush planes would bring supplies and luxuries like fresh produce for us a couple times over the winter.
Everyone in the north monitored the radio at nights and there was a community sort of feeling that way, listening to conversation of people we didn't know, even though geographically we were so far apart over frozen mountain ranges that we may as well have been living on separate planets. Some people went crazy. There were some funny stories. And some not so funny.
Since coming out of that existence into the real world I've lived in all sorts of situations including some large cities. But I've also done quite a few bush care-taking gigs and all sorts of bush trips that involved being away from people for many weeks at a time. I don't think I've gone much more than a month without some sort of human contact. I knew bush dwellers that spent whole winters by themselves and seemed to be at peace with it. I'm not one of those guys. I get bushed after a while.

A long bunch o blather. But the point is to say to Graytail's question. Yes and no. We definitely exist without other people around to bounce off of. But differently, and probably not sustainably. It's not really a natural state for us. It's a different existence when I spend a lot of alone time. I think I become much more like a deer or some other animal. Thoughts are simpler and often more repetitive or slow, and existence is a minute to minute state of planning and contemplation.
Almost all the things that preoccupy me in the 'real world' just don't apply any more. All that applies is existing and getting to your next destination, feeding yourself and staying warm and dry. Everything gets stripped down. You usually start talking to yourself and to birds and squirrels. (Well I still do that anyway). And in the end- you will never have anything much concrete to show for your time, by 'real world' standards. Unless you follow a certain trend and write a book called 'my time in the wilderness' or some such crap, you'll only come out of it with your memories and probably some scars. No house, car, relationships, material goods, best selling albums, or anything else to impress the other humans with. Because that's just the sort of existence it is.

Someone once posed the question to me, when I was young and even more clueless
If I was stranded on a desert island for a couple years with just my guitar, would I come out of it an amazing player? At the time I said ' hell yeah!' Now I realize that I was totally wrong and there's no way I would play much. Not only would there be no way to learn with no feedback, it would just be totally pointless with no ears but mine to hear. I'd just disassemble that guitar to use for more practical stuff.

To be continued later cause my tiny brain is shorting out. ;)

~GRAFTS~

This is something that I've been playing around with a bit while I was in between journals. I first tried it near the end of my Green Hole journal and it worked but I later destroyed the graft by ripping it apart accidentally. This is some sort of Neanderthal grafting technique which I first read of posted by Cannafan. I don't think it's a common way to do it and I also don't think it makes very much sense scientifically (botanically?) as it seems like it would go against some basic plant physiology. But the plants may not be aware of this issue because they seem happy still.

IMG_77548.JPG

IMG_77564.JPG

Both plants are living, the v-splice is bound up and left for over a week.

IMG_77585.JPG

The way the plant juices have to flow to get through.

IMG_77633.JPG

IMG_75238.JPG

IMG_75229.JPG

Panama - Mama Thai - Malawi

IMG_75245.JPG
Apologies for the long quote, Mr.Weaselcracker - Smeegol and Smeegol - Mr.Weaselcracker, now the pleasantries are out the way........ Nice graft and I think I'm going to like your journal....

Thanks Smeegol. Welcome. Can I offer you a nice fish? :passitleft: You've come along right at a slow time, Smeegol, the next few weeks in particular. I don't have much left in flowering, and shrinking each week as I wait for the vegging ones to grow a little more before flowering.
Also I drowned and then fried my usual phone recently and the broken old thing I'm using now won't let me use the site too well. I can't even post pics. Otherwise I'd be at least posting pics of a few things like how the skin cream batch went, and some other ideas I had.
So my journal is destined to become even more slow than it already was ( yawn) and till things changes in both the phone and plant departments, we may be stuck with just confusing posts full of stoned gibberish about the meaning of life and numbers sliding down the sides of black holes, and such. I'm about halfway through summing up my thoughts on the meaning of life. Yawn..... Not sure yet if my Internet friends in this thread mostly left or just fell asleep. ;)
I'm not doing any grafting at the moment but I mean to get back into it as soon as I get some compatible plants.
I never did fully report on how all that grafting went. But my main takeaway from the last two grafted plants I flowered, each of which had five different strains on one main stem, was that the strains should have the same feeding requirements.
For quite a while last year I had decided, based on what I was told and also managed to convince myself, that all the different strains grafted on to one would all conform to the feeding habits of the rootstock. But this didn't turn out to be true.
Anyway I want to start another one soon but I want to do it differently.

Guitar strings would disintergrate one by one. Low e perhaps last to go. So. One would end up a good bass player.

For a biti

Yes - right you are. So I could play the thing for a while and then use the low e to hang myself when the fun ran out? Or, turn the guitar into a drum and use the strings to snare rats for food

Me and the missus were in Belize,, bout ten years ago,, amongst several amazing stories was a fella, Ole aboriginal fella, at a fish festival with the whole community there,, he had a very old guitar he would bang on whenever he could,, problem was,, tho not a problem for him,,

of course he was amazingly out of tune,,

but he cared not cuz his Ole guitar only had three strings, and one mighta been a shoelace

Thanks for visiting guys. Good to have you around.
I'm in the emergency room at the moment, sitting around with time on my hands. I drove into town because one of my eyes went funky today and developed 100000 little spots swimming in it. Like my eye was filled with frogspawn... only worse, along with strange flashes like lightning. They think it's a torn retina. I'm relieved because that sounds much better than an encroaching brain cancer tumor or whatever worries I envisioned earlier today.
I'd also eaten a chunk of Mama Thai cob before this struck and was a really unsure wtf was going on, and whether or not I should drive to the hospital Will find out in the morn whether I have to jet off to the big city for surgery tomorrow.

Mondstern, that was a pretty typical Malawi for me. I flowered them for 12-14 weeks.
Between 85 and 100 days or so.
I harvested the last Malawi a bit less than a year ago. Will probably sprout more sometime this year- just had the stash maxed out and decided to make room for new strains.
They don't take much feeding. I don't know if you measure ppm or not? Anyway- about 25-40% less than the heavy feeder type indicas.
And I'm not sure where you got yours from, but probably not all Malawis' are equal. I seem to recall I even saw an 'autoflowering Malawi'.
About which I think - hmmmm... :hmmmm:
What did yours turn out like?

Going to get off this phone cause it's hard to see and I spend twice as much one editing as typing. Wish me luck. :passitleft:

Mine was definitely not as chunky-looking but not as airy as a landrace haze from the past too, much better than that, but yours seems as chunky as a decent indica. How did you manage to get that chunkiness and that color out man. Mine was from Ace. I left it as long as i could, definitely as long as yours, i forgot. I measure ppm sometimes, and i usually put in 600ppm of nutes, organic though, if im feeling like bombing then close to 800.

Mine were Ace as well. Your feeding level sounds right to me. Yes the buds were quite solid and hard. Not very large but definitely not fluffy.
Airy buds are usually from lack of light in my experience.

Mine were Ace as well. Your feeding level sounds right to me. Yes the buds were quite solid and hard. Not very large but definitely not fluffy.
Airy buds are usually from lack of light in my experience.
Hmmm, maybe it was. My current setup was not there back then lol. Thx weasel. I am power reading thru your journal bro. Still at page 6 now. Coloidal Silver discussion. Interesting one.

Cheers friend,, karma sent

A child's innocence is something to admire and protect.. Children are the most horrible and honest people.. we get taught not to be childish... This place would be hell if we continually had a child like mindset.. elders is where reason and acceptace are..

Haha,i had my phone stolen last Thursday.. I left it on a drop sheet at work as I picked my car up from mechanics. Come back phone was gone, which is strange here, nobody touches locals shit.. anyway I put the word out, two days later guilt must have hit them, as the phone was put back from where it was stolen from :rofl: I had already gone out and brought a new one... which I'll happily give you, it's an Android phone, I've realised I've only ever had iPhones and as much as I dislike being brand loyal, I hate learning pointless bullshit when I could just get what I know
:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom