Darn it, no, mine just had a spot that popped away from the back - just had to kinda glue it back on from the cryo burn. But yeah ... torn? ... chit - full monte for you.

But damn, they're really good at eye stuff these days. :thumb:

Oh yeah I just remembered I get to post photos again. Not that I can see very well what I, posting but here’s a pic of Chocolate Mint 2, in a ten gallon pot,the sibling of the variegated one (CM3)

CM 1 is still incarnate in the form of the worlds oldest clone cutting. About 7” high now. . Other than that I just have the double P Chunk in flowering, and two plants that are near harvest. The last -final one ever- GG#4., and a Y Griega. I was just coming up to a big changeover in the next week. Instead I’ll be doing damage control and just trying to put things on life-support for a couple weeks

Karma sent friend,, i will keep an eye on yer threads for ya while you get fixed up,, not a worry

KKarma sent to the docs workin on ya too

DDrive safe or karma sent to the pilots as well

Weaselcracker.... damn son! It’s a crazy helpless feeling to lose eyesight like that. They do amazing things with eye surgery these days. We’ll be holding you in our thoughts.

I can’t use the hospital WiFi here for :420: either. I made a personal hotspot with the phone and connected the iPad to it. Works real well. They’ll keep doing that restrictive shift until cannabis is taken off the schedule.

Thanks. I'm not the praying type but I feel I need all the positive energy I can get right now. In the last few hours this thing has prigessed so much I'm panicking a little . Walking around before sunset saying goodbye to this eye for now just in case. It's shutting down completely now :(
I'll update at some point. Wish me well ! ❤️

Thanks. I'm not the praying type but I feel I need all the positive energy I can get right now. In the last few hours this thing has prigessed so much I'm panicking a little . Walking around before sunset saying goodbye to this eye for now just in case. It's shutting down completely now :(
I'll update at some point. Wish me well ! ❤️
You are in my thoughts, and I think you will do well......

Thanks guy S so much appreciated. I’m waiting on a flight to Hongcouver now. ; The eye hasn’t worsened since last night and that’s makes me feel a millio times better - muc( less stressed out today. ,Hoping to get In for surgery possibly today even

With you in spirit Weaselcracker. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Dont panick mate.. meditate and relax.. worst case scenario? We got two... Little learning with depth perception and slight head turning... Hope all goes well for you bud.

Wow I could write a good story on the saga I’ve been through in the last 48 hours. What a bloody slog! Fog descended on the local airport just after I got there in the morning, so I ended up sitting there frantically trying to make alternate plans for six hours while various flights buzzed around trying to land but failing. I ended up Medivacced by chopper to another town, then a series of float planes till I got to a bigger town where I caught a jet from there. Landed in the city 15 hours later at 1 am and then got into a clinic at 3:30 and out by 5 am.
They’d been threatening for the last few days to bump me off the priority list if my vision got any worse. Meaning that I was too far gone to bother with and I’d get put on the back burner. So it got more and more stressful the last few days as my eye got worse.
So I knew I’d reached the happy turning point when the surgeon started bringing out the needles and laying them all out on the counter. . :)
I ended up getting seven needles in the eye. It was a process of freezing the eye, sucking out fluid to make room for the injection of a gas bubble, then injecting the gas bubble, then a few more needles as he sucked out more eye fluid to try and balance the pressure created. I guess I’d hoped I would find out that ‘getting needles in the eye really isn’t that bad’. Unfortunately it’s about the same as you’d imagine it is. Until the freezing wears off afterwards, then the pain is worse than you’d imagine :( I was informed that most people hate the laser much worse but found that hard to believe.
That part of the operation was to inject the gas bubble, which floats in the eyeball. You have to keep your head tilted to position the bubble under the detached retina and push it back up. So I will stay constantly upright for the next while, including for sleeping. If you can call it sleeping.
The retina issue is at the top of my eye which is super lucky. Otherwise I’d have to lay on my side or hang my head down. My mom’s friend was forced to lay on her side for six weeks. I read stories of the bubble taking up to six months to dissipate. In my case he thinks only a week or two. Thankfully what they’re saying about the recovery sounds way better than what the internet said.
Eight hours later they figured the bubble had pushed the retina up well enough. So after a couple hours of being processed on a conveyer belt system of inspections by various robot machines, and various doctors with the personalities of robot machines, I was spit out the other end to the laser guy. He gave me more needles in the eye, and then I found out the truth about the laser being worse than all the needles. It was like lightning strikes directly inside my head. Really close to being totally unbearable. Like the most blinding light you could possibly imagine exploding in your head again and again. I would see patterns of all the blood vessel network inside my eye as it lit up the inside of my brain so bad I felt like I was dying. He kept shooting me in quick bursts over and over, and then would take a couple seconds break when he saw that I was completely shorting out and shutting down on him. Then would start again. 20 minutes of that and I was spit out by the laser guy too and went and slumped in a chair for a long while.
So another checkup tomorrow and I think they’ll be done with me and into recovery. Fixed! :p Well not really and of course I still can’t see with that eye, but I’m hopeful I will sometime, and very grateful for it too.
I figure this is what most of you stoner’s eyes on this forum look like all the time anyway. Right? Don’t smoke too much indica, kids. I’ve got my eye on you.

Ow ....

Thank you so very much for taking the time to keep us informed. :Namaste: That was scary, I'm sure, and then righteously painful, too. Swell.

How do they feel about the herb? Does it affect healing? Can you partake?

exploding in your head again and again. I would see patterns of all the blood vessel network inside my eye as it lit up the inside of my brain so bad I felt like I was dying.
Holy moley Weasel! That’s really intense - all of it but the imagery of your own blood vessel patterns ! What an image to take with you!
Thanks for describing it all. It amazes how they develop these procedures. How in earth do they work out which needle where for what purpose? And how did they discover that using a bubble works? It’s amazing - Especially if it works!

Hope the recovery is smooth and the pain not too bad. Geez the procedure sounds painful indeed.

Well wishes Cracker!

Back
Top Bottom