Do it Weasel! Bite the Brix bullet. I crinched some numbers and worked out that even with shipping to Aus (which adds another 80% to the cost) it is going to be way cheaper over time to use the kit than to try to do Brix or LOS on my own, sourcing amendments etc. Plus - all the hard work of working out the levels and schedule for feeding the soil has been done. Plus - Sativas like you seem to like to grow do awesome in it... I don’t see that you could possibly go wrong! It actually seems like something of an ‘anti-club’ to me. Hey - they kind of let me in and I don’t even have a kit... yet ;)

i hear worm castings are the cats pajamas,, i am going all in,,

You've changed :confused: :rofl:

Hmmm that tiny .25 gram bit of Honduras cob I ate today sure worked a lot better, and differently, than the .7 grams of regular dried Honduras I ate yesterday.
I never did make it up that tree.

The day before yesterday I ate .3 grams of cured and dried Honduras- almost no effect.

And the day before that, was the day I mentioned, when I also ate .25 grams of the cob.

The cobbed stuff is a real trip. I did get a pleasant high from the .7 of dried uncobbed , but it was very mild.
I'll have to keep proving this to myself to a few times over. But it looks like the cobbing process must decarb the bud somehow.
Man I was just looking at my humble little cob collection, and thinking it's going to take me a long time to eat all that.

Actually Nivek I've heard that worm castings are not the cat's pyjamas any more. Trying to remember who said that oh yeah it was you
I also heard that even using the expression the cat's pyjamas is not the cat's pyjamas anymore. Wtf is the world just passing us by? Or what?
But as they say about worm castings- let he who seeketh not to hideth the sight of their lowly pot plants of failure and shame before the cruel eyes of the world, and chooseth not to journal only the false face of their all too infrequent successes, but instead bares his soil for all to see, let him cast the first worm.
Or the quote is something close to that anyway I think. Grow bible stuff ya know.
Point being- no worm castings for me.

Easy growing? No cool kids? No club? What a relief. My mistake. Maybe I was just jealous... I also often have trouble relating to the normal people. Not that you'd guess that from reading my journal.
-Thanks for all the info on the high brix.
Things are looking up. Our days together are numbered Monsanto. Say goodbye to a small chunk of your profits, attend to your books and tremble you f$@king F$&@kers. :(
- Still plastic bottles? I'd pictured boxes or bags of various mineral dusts. Oh well- hopefully it's less bottles.

Grizzwald I can't change. I've tried and proved it's not possible. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Hilarious weaseley,, Simply,, good chuckle,, thx friend,,

HHe who worm casteth the first stone,, haha

CChat later about the p chnk and gold tigger friend,, gotta go workin,, sheesh too busy these days

Amy - Gazoo, who seems to be the sort of guy who likes to crunch numbers, says he is going to do a complete breakdown of the kit growing costs. He's already done a quick one a page back in his journal- but promised to get to the full report soon.
How To - 7 Gal Rim Mount SCROG Pots In 2 X 4 Tent - 8.25 Sq Ft

Heya friend,, just wanted to mention something about the pain cream,, i know that is a dif thread but so many threads,, so little time to search thru,,so

JJust wanted to mention that I use the stuff, every day, three times a day even,, for my old achy hands

TThe recipe I have found calls for eight gramd of decarbed bud per cup full of grapeseed oil

I have found, because I mixed my first batch extra strong by accident,, i used at least twelve grams,, measuring error

WWell,, since I made that mistake, I made more cream with only eight grams bud,, but bud, I keep going back to the stronger cream,, i believe it works better

SStronger is always better,,, right????

GGlad to hear of your enjoyment of the cobs,, i have been trying chewing it with limited sucess,, not much effect,, but,, i see your dosages ther, compared to sues or others,, i think I will up my dosage and try again,, cuz

MMore, or stronger is always better,, right???

CCheers fer now friend

I made another batch of skin cream a week ago. I used five cups of grape seed oil and a couple ounces of bud, mostly P Chunk. 56 hours in the crock pot on low, which is just a little below boiling temps. I didn't like the end result enough - it didn't seem to work as well as my other attempts.
So I added an ounce of CBD Therapy and a bunch more random bud and threw it back in on low and left home for a few days.

That was a couple days ago. Hopefully it's ok there.
I'm using about one ounce per cup of oil. But maybe that's too much and unnecessary. A lot of the mystery for me revolves around the decarb. Something which seems to be shrouded in mystery in general. It must be easy for a lab to run various tests of time and heat and completely nail the process down, and obviously those tests have been done, but I don't have the results so I'll have to run my own tests. Looks like this stuff will be decarbed for a week before I'm done.

I'll test it when I get back. But I'm thinking that after the decarb is done I'm going to toss in some fresh Y Griega buds and turn the pot on to 'warm' and extract the THCa for the mix. Maybe that's what's missing (?)

I'm not impressed with the grape seed oil compared to the jojoba oil. Maybe it's a little less greasy than the coconut oil, but not by much. To me it has a feel and smell like I'm rubbing used french fry oil on my skin.

I got some hemp oil I'm going to try that next. Otherwise it's back to the jojoba oil when I get rich enough to afford some more.

That be a ton o bud bud

Maybe i need to go stronger still

Oh my-

I don't think you do. The recipes I've looked at call for much less. I'm just trying to use up some of that stash, and pissing around with this weird stew I've made. When in doubt... add more stuff..right?

I do like the feel of the hemp oil on the skin. Keen to try that next. It has a strong smell, but the feel is closer to jojoba- not greasy.

Do we exist at all... or are we just a stain of an information collection randomly crossing with other streams.
The arguments for our existence and that of everything we perceive being much different that we think grow in strength every day it seems.
But that's not your point now, is it....
Your questions are shared of course. Thinking minds have been asking these question thru recorded history and well beyond probably.
If a tree falls and all....
I feel that most people that cannot answer that question simply choose to go with the 'I exist dammit!' kind of idea. I've done that. I accept that I can't seem to really know the truth of the situation at this point in time, therefore I choose to move forward.
The key is to try to move above it all and view it from the next jump up the chain to the next level of perception/realization/whatever.

Oh look.... 2cents worth of "The Zen of Tead". I'd stick with growing advice from Tead if I were you... the other side of the brain gets a little creative and needs the herb to quiet the screaming thoughts.
My mind runs through this sort of stuff all the time. But ive come to realise that its futile to even try to begin to understand the ways of the universe. Its just far to much to begin to comprehend. Thats even if this is the only universe. Or what if this unierse was created by someone in an even vaster universe and our universe fits into a suitcase?! AAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHH! Where do black holes go? AAAARRRGGGHHH!.
What other life is out there? If so why dont we know about them? But what if we already do and were just not being told the truth AAAARRRRGGHHHH! lol. So I just contemplate this stuff try to come to rational conclusions (which mosta the time is, F*** it light up another one) then get on with what we perceive to be life. Cos what else youg gonna do? Dig a hole and wait for the inevitable global reset button that gets hit every few million years? Lol

I've always found it interesting that so many people on this particular forum are so thoughtful and articulate. I've been a regular poster on various forums for decades, since before the first browsers, before Google. :bongrip: I was a regular poster on the ABCNews. com political forums for almost 10 years, did a long stint on a specialty car forum, some time on particular DIY forums, etc. Because we have to type, it does attract a certain subset of people, who don't dislike composing in print. We tend to be more articulate in print than the average person. But I often find myself surprised at the beautiful way in which some people can communicate on a forum.

And this one is a sterling standout! I've been a regular for 5 years now, met hundreds of folks, established years-long connections with people all over the place, in every sort of city and town and region, and I have never seen the warmth and maturity that the people on this forum project. :hmmmm: Month after month I see people go and come, and there is always a critical mass of folks who are genuinely thoughtful, genuinely kind, genuinely comfortable with themselves, without the need to jostle and jeer, requiring only respect and personal space.

I wonder. I haven't found The Answer. Is it the lives we've lived, having to hide a part of ourselves? Do we just have some quiet shared understanding? We cross all social, income, ideological lines, yet ... what is it about this particular forum? It has to be the cannabis, doesn't it? So, we share something undefined, something to do with smoking pot. I think part of it has to do with freedom. We've had to protect our freedom in a way that other people haven't. I know that I insist on it, in my life. And ... freedom has something to do with acceptance, doesn't it? In a way, we've had to step aside from the rest, to view "reality" in a more objective manner, to insulate ourselves from the noise of the rest, in order to keep our freedom. So, it seems to me that we naturally value freedom in a different way. And that provokes thought, so we also have a different understanding of freedom, and what we have to do, how we have to live our lives to preserve it.

And, of course, there's the contemplative state of mind that we return to, time and again, vs other means of adjusting ones mood. Potheads are usually kind, and they're usually interested in talking about unusual stuff. Does that mindset make us more open, less defensive, more able to consider the opinions of others? :hmmmm:

I don't know whether the herb produces the character, or the character is attracted to the herb. But I find that people who are comfortable being stoned are much easier to be around, less threatening to the ego of others, more grounded in their own idiosyncrasies. They seem to see more of the world than the rest of the mob.

That was from a particularly nice pheno of Utopia Haze x Buddha Haze. :bongrip: Yum!

:Namaste:

I've always found it interesting that so many people on this particular forum are so thoughtful and articulate. I've been a regular poster on various forums for decades, since before the first browsers, before Google. :bongrip: I was a regular poster on the ABCNews. com political forums for almost 10 years, did a long stint on a specialty car forum, some time on particular DIY forums, etc. Because we have to type, it does attract a certain subset of people, who don't dislike composing in print. We tend to be more articulate in print than the average person. But I often find myself surprised at the beautiful way in which some people can communicate on a forum.

And this one is a sterling standout! I've been a regular for 5 years now, met hundreds of folks, established years-long connections with people all over the place, in every sort of city and town and region, and I have never seen the warmth and maturity that the people on this forum project. :hmmmm: Month after month I see people go and come, and there is always a critical mass of folks who are genuinely thoughtful, genuinely kind, genuinely comfortable with themselves, without the need to jostle and jeer, requiring only respect and personal space.

I wonder. I haven't found The Answer. Is it the lives we've lived, having to hide a part of ourselves? Do we just have some quiet shared understanding? We cross all social, income, ideological lines, yet ... what is it about this particular forum? It has to be the cannabis, doesn't it? So, we share something undefined, something to do with smoking pot. I think part of it has to do with freedom. We've had to protect our freedom in a way that other people haven't. I know that I insist on it, in my life. And ... freedom has something to do with acceptance, doesn't it? In a way, we've had to step aside from the rest, to view "reality" in a more objective manner, to insulate ourselves from the noise of the rest, in order to keep our freedom. So, it seems to me that we naturally value freedom in a different way. And that provokes thought, so we also have a different understanding of freedom, and what we have to do, how we have to live our lives to preserve it.

And, of course, there's the contemplative state of mind that we return to, time and again, vs other means of adjusting ones mood. Potheads are usually kind, and they're usually interested in talking about unusual stuff. Does that mindset make us more open, less defensive, more able to consider the opinions of others? :hmmmm:

I don't know whether the herb produces the character, or the character is attracted to the herb. But I find that people who are comfortable being stoned are much easier to be around, less threatening to the ego of others, more grounded in their own idiosyncrasies. They seem to see more of the world than the rest of the mob.

That was from a particularly nice pheno of Utopia Haze x Buddha Haze. :bongrip: Yum!

:Namaste:
I like to think the character is attracted to the herb. The mindfull have always been drawn to it. I think it does allow you to see things with some clarity and unbiased, enabling you to look at things from every perspective. This is how I was wired from birth anyway and I was drawn to cannabis. I mean go ask the hindu baba's and the muslim elders (cant think of what they are called). Pretty sure even some buddhist monks smoke it. Dont hold me to that one though

I believe that all humans are open and kind as young children. As we become trained to society we get closed and self-centered for survival. I believe we seek cannabis to reset the childlike qualities that we enjoy about the human experience. I think it helps us allow ourselves to be softer, smoother, and have more empathy towards others. We are not bound to the same mental restrictions of others. We are free to explore the vast unknown with a childlike view, which is unrestricted by constructs.

The awe of wonder can be a serious power. To know that we are as insignificant as a dust particle but more important than anything else known, all at the same time.

heya friend,, cheers to ya

just a note to confirm emergence of the tiger,,golden as all get out

the nicest sprout i have had in a while,, quite a while actually,,

i did one tiny adjustment to my seed planting routine,, i did not compact the soil in the cup quite so much,, not that i ever packed it in there tight,, just this time a bit looser,, and the soil over top the seed as well,, a bit looser,, and

viola

perfect condition little green sprout

the giant is jolly

Back
Top Bottom