I bought a few tomato cages today to try out on the left side of my grow, which has been looking like a hurricane hit it. Plants drooped to the floor everywhere looking like dead octopuses on stems.
I hacksawed the cages open so I could more easily fit them around the plants, and to make them more versatile in general.
Wow I wish I’d tried these years ago! They support the plants way better and more easily than anything else I’ve tried. And I wish I’d bought more than just three today, cause I actually needed four now... and will probably need five or six more later when the right side decides to do the same flop. This is my payback for being away and having to let this crop turn into a spindly jungle while in veg.
So I saved the two Y Griegas and the Carnival from the floor with cages, but CM3 had to be haywired up with some some stakes. I’ll buy more cages next time I go to town. Wow that Y Griega was sticky.
Carnival’s main cola was leaning against the corner wall. The stem folded halfway up and the top hit the floor as soon as I tried to move it. A large splint and the cage have it looking better

After a few weeks of grinding the old gears, my brain finally spit out the other realization of the night, which was that I’m probably messing up my plants in general by not having enough fan action in veg. I think I should try blasting them hard with more air throughout their lives and maybe I’ll get away from all these floppy plants. Who knows, maybe even the P Chunk could act like a real plant if I beat on it enough when it was young.

~Right Side~

Kinda fun to step into the grow and be facing plants the same height as me. Feels sort of cozy in there, like being in a jungle thicket. I wish I could grow outdoors here.
Nest best thing, if I ever build my dream grow it will have super high ceilings and I can maybe clear a peaceful glade in the pot forest to hang out in and relax. With birds and a waterfall... hopefully the birds wouldn’t get stuck to the flowers that would be sad.

~Golden Tigger~

I sprouted these two on April 2 so they’re coming up on 13 weeks old and have been in flowering under 11/13 for six weeks. The taller one hasn’t even sexed yet. I’ve been supercropping them nearly to death every time I see them.

The shorter GTx seems to be behaving itself ok. But the other GTs I grew had slow yet unstoppable momentum in flowering, and seemed to just keep flowering and flowering after a glacial start. So we’ll see...

Captain loved his tom cages...
At one with nature.. a rainbow over your plants.. birds landing on you and eating outta your hand..A deer by the waterfall... BANG.. dinner... no change that.. salmon swimming up the waterfall and a bear beside it.... :passitleft:
Plants looking good mate...

Captain loved his tom cages...
At one with nature.. a rainbow over your plants.. birds landing on you and eating outta your hand..A deer by the waterfall... BANG.. dinner... :passitleft:
Plants looking good mate...

Yes I envision it clearly. Paradise.

Thanks Grizzwald. :). The left side was a disaster earlier, but these tomato cages will save my ass. Might be a week or two before I get back to town. hopefully they’ll still be some left at the store. Probably not.

Check the edit I made to last post. Careful what you wish for :rofl:

Love your tomato cage mod. I use them outdoor and I'm stealing your idea. The little hooks are a great idea.

Dry yet Tead?

The paint lake took 2 days to fully dry. The shed as a whole should get covered and installed this weekend.

Who knows, maybe even the P Chunk could act like a real plant if I beat on it enough when it was young.

I did... not quite as stringy as yours, but not far away. Having said that, yes, beat your babies up with air.... what doesn't kill them makes them stronger.

Very observant. Yeah it was necessary to cut them to even get them on anyway, but figured I can make them any size and shape I want this way, or add two together, or whatever...

My grow needs a lake of paint too. Not sure when I’ll ever be able to insert the lake.

My latest sprout.

Second and last of my two new Chocolope seeds. The first one got an inch above ground and then died a couple days ago. Hate it when that happens. I pray this one lives.

For the record this is how I sprout my seeds now. I used to do it all sorts of other ways. Usually when I plant seeds straight into the pot I never see them again. Not even when I go digging for them later after they don’t come up ...

Paper towel damp but with no excess water in the container. The seed just sits there on top where I can look at it anytime when I take the lid off.

Geez we getting advanced now subcool... How to crack a seed :rofl::rofl:

i have never been a fan of the paper towel method,, no reason really,, used to do it as a youngster,, tho that was near as big as my plants ever got when i was a youngster

personally,, i just dont like messin with tap roots,, tho even with paper towel a quick plant when cracked would suffice.

i use a simple inch of water in a glass,, throw the seed in,, next day tap the floating seed to the bottom,, then next day plant the cracked seed 3/4 inch into premoistened soil and three days later up she comes

thats it,, near the exact same scenario every time i do it

i figure ,, if the seed cracks,, plant it.

truth be told i mostly grow from clones but cloning is sucking for me right now,, on the down cycle of cloning success

i may have lost my og kush strain because of poor cloning results,, so i will have to try to reveg my current plant in flower to keep the strain. i have yet to purposely reveg a plant,, tho i had one reveg all by its lonesome,, no help from me

sheesh i sure would like to grow big plants like yours weaseley,, that Ethiopian looks just like an Ethiopian does in my mind,, tall and slim,, what a groovy as heck plant ya gots there my friend

just a mention of the golden tiger i am growing,, easily the longest,, and i say longest,, not 'tallest' because i have had to lay it across my flower area because of its length/height.

easily three 40 inches long/tall in my 214 inch high flower room,, i just gonna lay it across and let the buds grow up

i am thinking a redesign of my spaces because i may want to increase production a bit as i am finding a real demand for the pain cream i am making. sheesh,, every single soul i have given some to has returned with the most glowing of reports. this stuff works on so darn many issues,, including skin issues

i am still trying to work out how to price the cream,, for friends,, as i cant keep giving it away

i have been trying to research how to figure how much cannabis is in each oz (i guess). not that i cant figure that out,, but i want to see how the existing producers measure and calculate 'their' cannabis content

not so easy a task,, i have learned that near all of the cream manufacturers use cannabis seed oil for their cannabis content,, and their is a lotto funny business in the cannabis seed oil business,, so factual numbers and comparisons are difficult,, for me,, so far

and i dont even know what an oz of pot on the street costs anymore. one friend said it is down to near 125 an oz now. near half what it was when i started growingthree years ago or so

anyhoo,, nuff blathering from me,, gots stuff to do,, like bug spray my flower room,, aaargh,, dern spider mites,, hopeless

i dont do hope anyway,,ccheers friend,, fer now

i may have lost my og kush strain because of poor cloning results,, so i will have to try to reveg my current plant in flower to keep the strain. i have yet to purposely reveg a plant,, tho i had one reveg all by its lonesome,, no help from me

I've had great luck with the strain over the years. I had a clone line going for 10+ years and just recently decided to end the run. No real problems with re-veg with fresh new shoots coming out of the old buds after 3 or 4 weeks under 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom