Weedtastic's White Rhino Indoor Grow

Gordon d'Angelo

hi guys some of you will know me here and some won t so heres wot im working with 1 x 400 watt metal hallide veg light 1x 600 watt digital high pressure sodium with sunmaster grow bulb 9 x 11 inch pots with air domes in the bottom , using bio bizz soil and nutriants all organic 5inch ruck extractor 2 x fans 1 x dehumidifier (which i think will have to go this time round) white mylar on walls water tray......ill show the set up with some pics clones due wednesday.....i also intend to update every week with the progress and pics ok enough talk heres the pics......the first pics shows the air pump
js1024_DSC00401.jpg
this pic is of the tray the pots sit in
js1024_DSC00402.jpg
these next 2 pics are the air domes
js1024_DSC00403.jpg
js1024_DSC00404.jpg
this next pic shows the air dome sitting inside the pot
js1024_DSC00405.jpg
in this pic you can see them all together
js1024_DSC00406.jpg
here you can see the main air feed connected to the air domes
js1024_DSC00407.jpg
here you can see the pump and connected hose
js1024_DSC00408.jpg
and in this last pic ive kept 1 plant from my previous grows as a mother she is actually a white russian
js1024_DSC00411.jpg

Re: weedtastics white rhino indoor grow

Sorry my first post was so brief. PC is crashing frequently. I had to restart 5 times just to say "subbed".

Welcome back weedtastic, my friend. It's good to see you running a journal again.

Some very interesting gear you've got there. And a new strain, this is gonna be great. Smart to keep the russian handy
Whats the basic theory behind a dome grow? Feed, soak/bubble, drain or does the tray have nutes in it all the time? Lots to learn here I think.

Sorry my first post was so brief. PC is crashing frequently. I had to restart 5 times just to say "subbed".

Welcome back weedtastic, my friend. It's good to see you running a journal again.

Some very interesting gear you've got there. And a new strain, this is gonna be great. Smart to keep the russian handy
Whats the basic theory behind a dome grow? Feed, soak/bubble, drain or does the tray have nutes in it all the time? Lots to learn here I think.
hi my man love to see your still pokin for info....respect....ok theory is this more oxygen to roots means they will feed more....aint read it not rehearsed it...lol gonna give it a go ......hydro shop recons 2 oz per plant i was not that far out with previous grows as u know...so i wonder wot i can do..........already this evening ive realised my veg won t take 9 clones in those pots gonna get 600 watt mh as it will go into my flower light......digi ballest takes both........cool.......and lucky for me...greaaaat to be back mate........be lucky weedtastic.

hi my man love to see your still pokin for info....respect....ok theory is this more oxygen to roots means they will feed more....aint read it not rehearsed it...lol gonna give it a go ......hydro shop recons 2 oz per plant i was not that far out with previous grows as u know...so i wonder wot i can do..........already this evening ive realised my veg won t take 9 clones in those pots gonna get 600 watt mh as it will go into my flower light......digi ballest takes both........cool.......and lucky for me...greaaaat to be back mate........be lucky weedtastic.

I can be patient enough to learn as you go. Should be some good stuff.
Those digital ballasts are pretty slick.

I know you're not completely set up yet but thought I'd mention your air pump should be higher than your tray so there won't be any siphoning if the power fails. You were probably planning to do that anyway but can't hurt to mention it.

I know you're not completely set up yet but thought I'd mention your air pump should be higher than your tray so there won't be any siphoning if the power fails. You were probably planning to do that anyway but can't hurt to mention it.

Good point! dont believe in the check valves either they dont always work I lost a $40 pump for the same reason even with check valves water backed up when power went out. when power came back it turned into a steam generating heat element.... Of course I took it back to the store and played dumb....
Me: "uh it dont work no more"
Clerk: "did anythink happen to it?"
Me: "UM.... no?"
Accusatory look from clerk as he exchanges it....

:peace:

Oh and I had a question the big black airline do you run that all the way around in a loop or does it stop with 2 ends plugged? you might not get equal air flow if it doesnt go all way round. Though it looks like it does.

do we get pics of a test run with bubbles. we like bubbles. :welldone:

I've wanted to see a medium grow with air like this for a while now. :popcorn:

mmmm not sure how it will go but we.. ll see ha ha....youve been round a while now i see thanks for dropping by

Hi Weed Hope you saved a place for me. Got watch this one. Should be fun and informative my Friend! :thumb:
theres always a place for you OMM.........i ll try make it as informative as poss thanx for posting

to be honest i was told that more oygen equalls more feed....i took this at face value ......only to think a little harder which hurts these days...lol..i first thought i cud double perhaps treble my feed ie. doses.....i now realise i will keep the nutes low or as per schedule...but will be feeding every day or twice somedays......great advice on the air pump thanks.....always worth a mention...right ?.....am i being to cocky to say ive never been without power......i HATE ELECTRICS so got a good qualified spark in to do wiring a long time ago........but thanks mmmmick

Good point! dont believe in the check valves either they dont always work I lost a $40 pump for the same reason even with check valves water backed up when power went out. when power came back it turned into a steam generating heat element.... Of course I took it back to the store and played dumb....
Me: "uh it dont work no more"
Clerk: "did anythink happen to it?"
Me: "UM.... no?"
Accusatory look from clerk as he exchanges it....

lmao yup i hear you

Oh and I had a question the big black airline do you run that all the way around in a loop or does it stop with 2 ends plugged? you might not get equal air flow if it doesnt go all way round. Though it looks like it does.

do we get pics of a test run with bubbles. we like bubbles. :welldone:
yes mate runs in a circle 3 way adapter on it...mmm pics with the bubbles im struggling ....i dont get the time.........judgement came when i switched the pump on and asked the missus to pick any dome and at random she picked 3 all had the same air output according to her hand i did the same and pretty much agreed.....keep asking enthusiasium costs nowt ha ha.....good to have you on board..........be lucky guys weedtastic

hi guys got the clones tonite £90 for 9 clones so not the end of the world ha ha came in the root cubes i use...but very very tall cuttings all the same.....sorry been working today then got the clones...had to pot them all up...and had no time to take pics ill take some in morning........thanks for all your interest.........be lucky weedtasic

hi guys pics of the white rhinos as promised
js1024_DSC00423.jpg
im thinking these clones are very tall and thin so ive put my fan directly on them to strenghten
js1024_DSC00424.jpg
heres a better pic of how thin the stems are
js1024_DSC00420.jpg
and a group shot
js1024_DSC00418.jpg
this is mother white russian a couple of leaves look worse for wear because the were laying on top of the soil as clones
js1024_DSC00422.jpg

Hi weed. Those skinny clones will fatten up in no time with a fan on them. When do the bubble domes get hooked up?

Hi weed. Those skinny clones will fatten up in no time with a fan on them. When do the bubble domes get hooked up?
hi Mmmmick my hydro guy advised 2 weeks from yesterday.....im not so sure thou...........im thinking 1 week under the 400 watt metal hallide then 2 weeks under my new 600 watt mh.....then putting them into the bigger pots....all a bit of trial and error i guess......interested on your thoughts thou........thanks for dropping in.........ive been trying to pop over to your place.....but only manage to have time to post at the moment..........be lucky weedtastic

I'm curious about the Rhino. I had a White Rhino clone a while back but it came with PM. It was the one I pulled out of a trash bag full of trim about 5 days after being cut. Even after 5 days the top established roots and took off fast. I got the impression the strain was very vigorous so I'm looking forward to watching them develope.

hello, im somewhat new here and have a thread goin at the mo. just wanted to stop in and say hi and see how your grow is goin. i havent heard of using this air pump, not sure if i totaly get it but are you pumpin air rite under the blue dome at the bottom of your buckets. sounds really interesting! ill be definantly following your grow. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom