What exactly is 35% THC anyway?

I agree with this however, I feel that politicians now seek any avenue for an income stream. The Federal gubment will only legalize when they approve extensive taxing and regulation so that they have power over the entire industry. They'll have strategically placed family members as CEO's and Board of Directors on specific leveraging companies then they'll have other families invest in these companies the Federal gubment gives subsidies to which greatly inflates their stock market value. They are now seeing the potential that cannabis has to actually compete with big pharma. They'll probably allow big pharma a stake in the pot by allowing certain concentrates to only be made available by licensed "Pharmaceutical" companies. These are the details ALL of the politicians are hashing out. Republican and Democrat career politicians are pure evil who only seek to enrich themselves and their families at our expense. Federal Legalization of Cannabis will not be in the peoples favor unless it is simply total recreational legalization with complete government and law enforcement hands off on the entire industry. Which will never happen.
Peoples' cannabis-based, localized economy. Cannabis as currency. :D

I'm am still on the hunt for the definition of a cannabis coral. Searching this web everywhere.
Im starting to just do image searches trying to find similar structures. I think Pepe is a good candidate to document structural builds from droughting.
I am still processing all of this information provided by you fellow growers so please give me some time to absorb it all and do some digging.
Theres so much in this thread alone lol. I love this site!
Agreed...needed to happen. Just be ready for the debate that follows when we post a question like this...or stress technique lol
Debate is good, fights are stoopid. Compared to other places this 420 does a pretty good job of moderating the stoopid :)

Im sure prior experience can colour the perspective a bit more accurately than my newbie viewbies though :D

Im starting to just do image searches trying to find similar structures. I think Pepe is a good candidate to document structural builds from droughting.
She is but not for her leaves turgidness. Not enough of em. This is gonna be an all "I got a feeling" in terms of when to pull her.

Damn it....I got a feeling...that tonight's gonna be a good good night. Tonight's the night. Let's live it up.

Shit. There I go again. Sorry brother
Theres so much in this thread alone lol. I love this site!
Right!!! Oh me too, soooo much better and nicer and family like and much more instructional than the others
Debate is good, fights are stoopid. Compared to other places this 420 does a pretty good job of moderating the stoopid :)
I've had to intervene in a couple I've seen. No me likey.
Im sure prior experience can colour the perspective a bit more accurately than my newbie viewbies though :D
That's not necessarily true. A lot of stuff goes unseen to the people that see the same thing all the time. It's a fresh set of eyes and ears that makes the difference sometimes

She is but not for her leaves turgidness. Not enough of em. This is gonna be an all "I got a feeling" in terms of when to pull her.
You are the perfect human being for this moment Krissi!
Damn it....I got a feeling...that tonight's gonna be a good good night. Tonight's the night. Let's live it up.

Shit. There I go again. Sorry brother
Mazel Tov! :yahoo:
Right!!! Oh me too, soooo much better and nicer and family like and much more instructional than the others

I've had to intervene in a couple I've seen. No me likey.

That's not necessarily true. A lot of stuff goes unseen to the people that see the same thing all the time. It's a fresh set of eyes and ears that makes the difference sometimes
I hear ya! Will always keep in mind too :)
My freshness is dated though! Im pretty shelf stable however so we have a bit to go yet lol

35% of what, what do they mean, how do they test, standards and best practices??? Help me please :)

Ive been trying to find good explanations of this for lay folks like myself. Havent found much. However I know that this is the kind of place that can dumb it down enough for me. :)

Dispensary lists these insane amounts of thc. I buy some and get yeah super high but comparatively... I dont know. Im not sure if Im missing the train on all those extra percentage points or if this is more it depends on who you ask and when you ask stuff. Same applies to when buying seeds and trying to get info on the likely thc/cbd potentials.

Any interest in chatting and sharing knowledge on this?
So, THC isn’t the only factor that affects your high. Lots of studies showing that. If you are talking about 35% THC in flower, while it is possible, it’s probably not that high now, if it’s hash out kief then it is possible. So if someone is claiming 35% THC in flower, they aren’t being truthful.
That all being said, I sometimes add alcohol tincture to my flower and let it dry to fortify the flower. It gives a really nice punch.

Looks like Godfather OG buds can reach 34% THC. Kief of THC buds is mostly THC by weight – we're probably talkin' upper 90s%.

It means when you buy 100 grams of 35% THC weed, you are buying 35 grams of THC and 65 grams of other stuff. Having higher THC doesn't always mean it will make you higher than a different strain with a lower THC.
Yup. Thats why a 80% thc cart doesnt get me as high as good flower.

What makes sativa have sativa effects, and indica have indica effects? Lately I've grown 2 high-CBD strains, one indica dominant and one sativa dominant. One has CBD at around 11%, the other at 15%. Both have THC around 0.5%. The effects are interesting... the 11% sativa-dominant one seems to have a stronger effect – maybe. I'm still experimenting. I mixed in my grinder the 11% CBD bud with a Blue Dream hybrid bud, at a ratio around 1:3. The BD is usually a strong body high, with some definite psychoactive effects, especially at higher doses. Combined with the 11% CBD sativa-leaning bud, it created a different high... I would say at the edge of psychoactive effects... nothing uncomfortable. It was a strong body high combined with a blissful, clear-headed cerebral high.

What makes sativa have sativa effects, and indica have indica effects?

really it's the dominant terpenes and other cannabinoids in concert with the thc percentage. focusing on thc alone is a really narrow approach and misses the point entirely.

Lately I've grown 2 high-CBD strains, one indica dominant and one sativa dominant. One has CBD at around 11%, the other at 15%. Both have THC around 0.5%. The effects are interesting... the 11% sativa-dominant one seems to have a stronger effect – maybe. I'm still experimenting. I mixed in my grinder the 11% CBD bud with a Blue Dream hybrid bud, at a ratio around 1:3. The BD is usually a strong body high, with some definite psychoactive effects, especially at higher doses. Combined with the 11% CBD sativa-leaning bud, it created a different high... I would say at the edge of psychoactive effects... nothing uncomfortable. It was a strong body high combined with a blissful, clear-headed cerebral high.

without mixing it you would be experiencing the difference in the secondary terps and cannabinoids between the two.

this is often why people can't understand why they can feel more euphoric on good lower thc strains, as opposed to the heavy hitters. it's not simply about thc percentage. there's so much more going on.

it's part of the reason we've managed to get phenos and entire strains targeted for different medical uses.

I admit not having read the entire thread, but I'm not enthralled by high THC levels or massively high yields
My little grows are for different effects, some of which are very subtle - I don't want a thump in the head every time I have a smoke
Green Crack/Chocolate Chunk is a belter which lasted for ages because I didn't smoke it much, only on sleepless nights
RQS Creamatic for example is not a big hitter but it is perfectly mellow which is what I'm usually looking for
Finished my Northern Lights recently and I have a feeling that's gonna be a back of the cupboard head-spinner

really it's the dominant terpenes and other cannabinoids in concert with the thc percentage.
OK, makes sense. Then one should be able to see a one-to-one correspondence between specific terpene percentages, combined with specific cannabinoid percentages – distinct for sativa vs. indica. Does anyone know of a study where this has been investigated and results shown?

I wrote more about this HERE.

Back
Top Bottom