Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Lookin really nice there @SQl2kGuy !!

I wanna show everyone what I’m lookin at today.

My colas are really starting up niiiice.
I’ve nearly got the canopy under control. My snips are sticky all over :cheesygrinsmiley:

The canopy looks great ... there's nice spacing between the buds ... the alignment of those buds is really even!!!

Excellent training!!!

It took me a long time to get results like your ... but it's worth it :)

Wow! Lovely looking spread you have there. Nice frosty action!!
Thanks Bardy! during week 3-4 I’ve been feeling a little panicked. For some reason I feel like my plants are stalled and the buds aren’t growing. Thank god im wrong ! They’re growing on just fine. 4-5 more weeks and I should have a lovely little harvest. I have noticed what looks like Ca deficiency on gasfruit, that’s the one in the bottom left corner in the photo. You can actually see one of her deficient leaves in the second photo. Next watering I’ll give some light calmag in addition to my regular feed.

Thanks Bardy! during week 3-4 I’ve been feeling a little panicked. For some reason I feel like my plants are stalled and the buds aren’t growing. Thank god im wrong ! They’re growing on just fine. 4-5 more weeks and I should have a lovely little harvest. I have noticed what looks like Ca deficiency on gasfruit, that’s the one in the bottom left corner in the photo. You can actually see one of her deficient leaves in the second photo. Next watering I’ll give some light calmag in addition to my regular feed.

I know that "panicked" feeling! :)

I took a quick look, but I didn't see any CA deficiency. Next time to snap some pics, feel free to post a close-up here, if you like. That being said, I know that my gals are always hungry for Cal/Mag - the combination of coco and LEDs seems to create a pretty high demand for those nutrients. Regardless, seems like you have things dialed in very nicely.

I know that "panicked" feeling! :)

I took a quick look, but I didn't see any CA deficiency. Next time to snap some pics, feel free to post a close-up here, if you like. That being said, I know that my gals are always hungry for Cal/Mag - the combination of coco and LEDs seems to create a pretty high demand for those nutrients. Regardless, seems like you have things dialed in very nicely.
The middle shot with the cola stacking up, there’s a leaf on the right side that’s out of focus but you can tell it’s looking kinda rusty. Good news is I know it’s not a problem with my feed schedule cause it’s only that one girl, none of my other plants show any signs of issues.. just some dying off of the very low fan leaves which is normal. I’ve been really trying to keep temps nice and cool in hopes of denser nugs than my last run.

The middle shot with the cola stacking up, there’s a leaf on the right side that’s out of focus but you can tell it’s looking kinda rusty. Good news is I know it’s not a problem with my feed schedule cause it’s only that one girl, none of my other plants show any signs of issues.. just some dying off of the very low fan leaves which is normal. I’ve been really trying to keep temps nice and cool in hopes of denser nugs than my last run.

Sounds like you are all over it! Nice job.

@MrSauga tagged this giveaway in his journal, and so I'm doing the same here!

Super-Kush-Phoenix-Seeds-Promo.png

Phoenix Seeds Super Kush Promo - Win a pack of 5 Super Kush Feminised or a pack of 5 Super Kush Auto Feminised from Phoenix Cannabis Seeds!

Simply comment HERE letting us know if you have any experience with this strain yet and what your thoughts are. Also let us know your preference for Feminised or Auto in case you win!

If you have already grown this one out it would be really cool to see some photos as well!

if you are looking to buy some seeds then head on over to The Vault Cannabis Seeds Store and place your order now!

Good Luck all, winners will be announced on the 8th of Oct.

Thanks to @George from The Vault for another fun contest.

Hey everyone,

I just did an update in my journal about all four plants. I wont repeat the whole thing here, but instead just share some pics of my Chem 91 S1 and DinaChem. It is DAY 35 of veg, and quadline training continues. You can see a bit of calcium deficiency on older leaves, but I think I have the nute levels sorted now.

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

I too was reading Chemdawg.

. Here is my 4 week old chem #4. Past 3 or 4 days has been spiking it's drinking water with half strength GH Rapid Start, it's helping to bulk up the roots. Higher nutes will be introduced soon. It had a rough start.

IMG_20190923_174827.jpg
IMG_20190923_174754.jpg
IMG_20190923_183517.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190923_174827.jpg
    IMG_20190923_174827.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 209
Thanks for your feedback ...

This is actually one of the things I am trying to nail down ... lighting schedules ... well that and light penetration and defoliation ... both light topics though.

Here's the current link to an article that gave me the idea ... Flowering Light Cycle Interrupted- Here’s How to Deal with It

As you can see ... they discuss the following ...

The ‘Actual’ Flowering Light Cycle

..., let’s learn what the ‘actual’ flowering light cycle is.

Grow lights need a precise variation of grow light wattage and the light hours. If we divide flowering into a number of sub-stages, here they go ...

Transition > First Buds > Growth of Buds > Buds Ripen

Now here is the best light cycle for flowering at different stages-

Stage 1- Transition Period: 12-10/12-14 Hours of L/D

This is the time when plants transits from vegetative to flowering Stage and the light cycle should be 12-14 hours each day.

On a broad sense, it’s the first 1-2 weeks of flowering stage while plants enters into flowing from vegetative. The plants are still growing and so, the light cycle won’t differ much from what it was during the vegetative cycle.

Stage 2- Spotting the First Buds: 10-8/14-16 Hours of L/D

This is what we call ‘First Buds’ and this is the time while you’ll get to see the first flower growing up(only for female plants). The light/dark cycle should be around 10-8 hours and 14-16 hours respectively.

It takes the whole 3rd and 4th week to complete the process and you’ll see real buds instead of hairy pistils. The growth will slow down, and therefore, you’ve slowed down the amount of light and increase the amount of darkness.

Stage 3- Growth of Buds: 6/18 Hours of L/D

Now, this is the stage which we call the real ‘flowering’. The buds will be found growing up and maturing over time, and the ideal light/dark cycle would be 6 hours of light and 18 hours of darkness.

Why? Well, Flowers grow up because of the build-up of Florigen(A flower hormone). And upon many scientific experiments, it’s proved to build up when it’s dark.

Stage 4- Buds Ripen: 6-0/18-24 Hours of L/D

At this last stage, almost everything about flowering is done. So, no need to change the light/darkness cycle so much. You can keep the lights for 6 hours and the darkness for 18 hours.

Based on situations, some growers decide to provide an uninterrupted 24-48 hours of darkness to induce the ripening process.

For me ... I tried going to an "8/16 hours of L/D" after week 4 of flower in my current Bakerstreet grow.

I confirmed Stage 4 with @Emilya a few weeks ago because I didn't believe it ... but I recall she actually has it documented somewhere that this works ... so I've incorporated it into my skill set.

I did a bit more reading on this and discovered that decreasing the amount of "lights-on" is natural and triggers the plant to bloom more because "the end is near".

If we leave the light at 12-12, ... it is possible for the plant to have a second or even a third growth spurt. If the plant does have a second growth spurt then be patient because over the next few days there will be more trichome development.

It is important to not confuse a second growth spurt with "Foxtails" ... which I got from heat/light stress when I had my LEDs too close to the buds!

Hello guys. I've been admiring everyone"s beautiful grows. I had computer problems And, I lost my third grow to mice. It seem that I have everything under control now. So, I'm on my fourth grow. I have 5 Night Shades from Barney that have not peak yet. And, four Blackberry that have broke out of the soil. Sure wish the Chemdog work out, I'll be trying her again.:peace:

Hello guys. I've been admiring everyone"s beautiful grows. I had computer problems And, I lost my third grow to mice. It seem that I have everything under control now. So, I'm on my fourth grow. I have 5 Night Shades from Barney that have not peak yet. And, four Blackberry that have broke out of the soil. Sure wish the Chemdog work out, I'll be trying her again.:peace:

Well that IS a bummer, Ms. Bean. Sorry to hear about the repeated setbacks, but relieved that you have things sorted now. I'll be especially curious about your Blackberry, as I have that cultivar seed in storage. Good luck with a rodent-free environment from here on out!

Poor @Bean 7175 , I’ve never seen such a struggle to get off the ground! Fucking mice! Pardon my French.

My cat loves to eat fresh leaves, but he only takes them if I give them to him. :D

Back
Top Bottom