WoundedKnee's First Medical Grow

I have been giving them a very weak feed 3 times a day, 5ml from a syringe, I have had seedlings get burnt in Jiffy Pellets if they dry out. So its as much to keep them wet as get them going.

I have been giving them a very weak feed 3 times a day, 5ml from a syringe, I have had seedlings get burnt in Jiffy Pellets if they dry out. So its as much to keep them wet as get them going.

I water mine once a day about 3ft from the 400w hps. But there is a fine line, get what you mean. Its good for them to dry out a little. Once they are above ground tho you cant really over water the jiffy pellets as long as they can drain off. Ie not sitting in water. I only have one to go thats just coming up and im over the baby process for a bit. Got some more but dont think they are going to show. Will give them another week i guess but then ill assume they are no show. I think ill end up with about 12. 3 are females, but the others are regular seeds so go 50/50 on males and i should have about 7-8 new females all up id say. Dont know where i am going to fit them all.

420-magazine-mobile1534138360.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1415669299.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1383982103.jpg

Number 1 is looking very good indeed, she is really going along nicely.
Number 2 is catching up and spreading her wings !
Number 3 is a late hatcher, but has done the hard work of busting through her shell and is now going for it !
Very happy with the progress, more than made up for the death of the first two sprouts. Putting the heater in was a great move, its made a huge difference. Its going to warm up in the next week, so I can take it out soon. Its all good in the garden !!.

420-magazine-mobile2097259047.jpg
420-magazine-mobile305635735.jpg
420-magazine-mobile922078619.jpg

Number 1 is looking great, she is showing signs of rapid growth.
Number 2 isn't far behind now, its almost as tall as number 1, she is catching up quickly.
Number 3 is the baby of the trio, she only popped a couple of days back, but will catch up with her sisters in no time.
I am watering them with about 5ml of very weak nutes 3 times a day. With the heater in the tent, they are drying out quite quickly. Really happy with the way they are going, its a great new hobby. I love checking them in the morning and seeing how much they have grown.

Cheers bro ! They are getting along nicely. I was a bit worried about 2&3, they were obviously just cold and didn't want to come out of their shell ! Having the heater take the chill out of the air has made a big difference. The weather is definetly warming up, so the heater can come out in a week or so. Number 1 is looking very good indeed, she is obviously loving the light and heat I have the LED backed up with a CFL and its lovely and bright in the tent. I will be getting a second 300w LED in a few weeks when the girls are a bit bigger and I need a bigger spread of light to cover the three plants. I am going to get some Perlite/Vermiculite to put 2&3 into in a week or so, once they have a good rootball. I have really been on a steep learning curve, the advice and help I have got here has been invaluable, thanks to all the people who have answered my questions.

Just moving some junk around in my garage, making my Grow Tent invisible to anyone who happens to have a look in, also making it impossible to get to in the dark without making a ton of noise. I will be adding a CCTV system to the house soon, it is a great deterrent. I live in a quiet area, but there are still idiots getting about now and again. Someone tried to break into my car last week, so you can't take security for granted. Out of sight - out of mind.

Just moving some junk around in my garage, making my Grow Tent invisible to anyone who happens to have a look in, also making it impossible to get to in the dark without making a ton of noise. I will be adding a CCTV system to the house soon, it is a great deterrent. I live in a quiet area, but there are still idiots getting about now and again. Someone tried to break into my car last week, so you can't take security for granted. Out of sight - out of mind.
I have a good security guard in my grow house and he works real cheap, his name is Spike my 4 year old pit bull lol. The grow house is about 100ft or so from my house and no one lives in the grow house except my dog but he is very protective lol. I have been thinking of getting some cameras to put up also. I live in the country and not alot of people come around my place but they are thieves around that would try their best to break in and I would really hate for that big ass dog to get ahold of someone cause he would tare them to shreds and I really don't need that either lol. I have to keep everything as stealthy as possible.✌️

Most of the issues here are Meth Heads who are basically opportunistic thieves, they try car doors in the hope you leave them open, stuff like that. They come from the town joined to us, one town is quiet and a great place to live, the other is a nightmare, full of junkies and the place looks like a hurricane ripped through it. If they got wind of a grow, they would definetly be looking for it. We are looking at dogs, I want to rehome one, a big one !! Just the bark of a big dog puts off just about everyone.

420-magazine-mobile2140797547.jpg
420-magazine-mobile936615943.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1050579941.jpg

Very happy with the girls progress. Took the heater out as its definetly been warmer, but I will keep an eye on the weather and pop it back in if it gets too cool.

A question for the experts - what height should the lights be at this stage. I have them really close at this point, about 16 inches, I have an LED and a CFL light in the tent.

I keep my Mars 1200 at 32in from seedlings and after they get about 10 or 12 days old I start lowering the light a inch or two a day till I get down to 22 to 24in. When flower starts I start easing it on down a inch or two a day till I get to 18in and that's were I finished off at. Your light shouldn't be to much different I wouldn't think. What does the owners manual say, it should give you a estamated hight for seedlings, veg, and flower.✌️

I bought it 2nd hand and it had no instructions with it. I will go and see just how far the plants are away from the lights. They may be too close.

Just had a measure and the LED was about 16 inches away. The plants were sat on a bucket, so I simply took away the bucket and they are now about 36 inches from the LED. The CFL is now about 32 inches from its bottom to the plants. As niether put out any real heat to speak of I don't think they would do any heat damage, but I guess being a bit further away gives a better spread of the full spectrum of light from the assorted colours in the LED. Its a great hobby with a lot to learn, I am really enjoying the process, its given me a real interest and purpose in my day. It takes my mind off my pain and occupying my mind stops me getting negative thoughts from my PTSD. The plant is helping me before I even get to the good bit !

Just doing some unrelated stuff in the garage and I decided to have a quick clean up round the tent, the wiring was like a bowl of spagetti ! I used the spare extension lead to pop the rather crap 300w LED (alleged ! Its really poorly made and has only blue and red LED's, its also really dim) that came with the tent on, I figure that more light, no matter how bad, is a good thing - feel free to tell me otherwise ! I noticed a ton of really fat little roots popping out the Jiffy Pellets of Number 1 and Number 2 - my question is this - when do you take them out of the Pellets, and how do you do it without damaging the girls ?

Back
Top Bottom