WoundedKnee's First Medical Grow

420-magazine-mobile832540292.jpg
420-magazine-mobile67017521.jpg

This is the difference in quality between the two LED's, they are like chalk and cheese !

420-magazine-mobile526769179.jpg

This is my lighting set up at present. I think I will try and snag another Viparspectra or MAR's LED when I have the money, so I have a better light spread when the girls get bigger.

420-magazine-mobile1621026667.jpg

Here are the roots, this suprised me a lot, I have only been watering the Jiffy Pellets, I think I will start watering around them now too.

Any advice on changes I could or should make greatly appreciated.

I bought it 2nd hand and it had no instructions with it. I will go and see just how far the plants are away from the lights. They may be too close.
They are looking happy to me, I believe if you was to close they would show stress, either drop away from the light or they would start showing bleaching and or burn spots from the light.✌️

I thought they would show signs of stress, but better to get in there early ! 'An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure !' as my old Gran would say.

Just had a measure and the LED was about 16 inches away. The plants were sat on a bucket, so I simply took away the bucket and they are now about 36 inches from the LED. The CFL is now about 32 inches from its bottom to the plants. As niether put out any real heat to speak of I don't think they would do any heat damage, but I guess being a bit further away gives a better spread of the full spectrum of light from the assorted colours in the LED. Its a great hobby with a lot to learn, I am really enjoying the process, its given me a real interest and purpose in my day. It takes my mind off my pain and occupying my mind stops me getting negative thoughts from my PTSD. The plant is helping me before I even get to the good bit !
It is great growing, im addicted to growing lol. Just spending time with them is therapeutic for me lol.✌️

They were on a bucket, I moved the bucket away and now they about 32 inches from the lights. I am thinking this is better as it lets the all the LED's get their light to the plants. Up closer they would have been getting a smaller amount of the different colours - thats the way I see it at least ! As you say, a bit of playing about as I go will see me get better resluts as I learn more about the lights etc. I will go on the Viparspectra website and see if I can download the instruction manual.

I am getting fast addicted too ! Its giving me a reason to get off my backside and do things and I am not sitting watching crap on TV, I am learning by reading and getting the great advice available here. Its a refreshing change.

I am getting fast addicted too ! Its giving me a reason to get off my backside and do things and I am not sitting watching crap on TV, I am learning by reading and getting the great advice available here. Its a refreshing change.
Yea I quit watching TV when I found this site lol.✌️

I don't bother with anti-social media - only so many cat videos and drama queens I can deal with in a day. I got sick of the political crap too, I watched friends go crazy and fall out over nothing. So I just closed my accounts and walked away and I am much happier for it ! Finding this place has filled the gap, plus I am actually learning stuff.

I don't bother with anti-social media - only so many cat videos and drama queens I can deal with in a day. I got sick of the political crap too, I watched friends go crazy and fall out over nothing. So I just closed my accounts and walked away and I am much happier for it ! Finding this place has filled the gap, plus I am actually learning stuff.
Everything happens for a reason. This community is such a nice change if pace for me aswell. Such great ppl and so much knowledge. It's really nice. I just started to grow and I'm hav8ng so much fun already. Everything from peeking into the tent for no reason to purchasing little pieces of equipment. To mixing nutes and watering. I just LOVE it. Oh yea. Ur babies look great.

Thanks and good to have you aboard. I know what you mean about having a sneak peek at the plants for no good reason - its hard not be excited as they grow. I love my morning check in, its great to see how the girls have progressed in 16 hours, its a great addiction !

I've never run acrossed a site where everyone wants you to succeed to the point of helping you get nicer plants then they might have. Truly amazing place here

I fully agree. Its got a great vibe, lighthearted and friendly. Everyone is trying to help you down the road to a great crop. Certainly beats heated arguments about petty crap that Facebook seems to be all about, or pouting drama queens on Instagram.

I've never run acrossed a site where everyone wants you to succeed to the point of helping you get nicer plants then they might have. Truly amazing place here
Agreed. It's refreshing honestly in this day in age with all that's going on around the world. But we still have our little corner. Or getaway if you will. Where we can just have fun and learn and most importantly help ourselves with our personal ailments. Or our loved ones etc.

Absolutely, I have my own pain and PTSD issues and my wife has MS and AS - we are a great pair ! Growing my own meds is a fantastic way forward. She isn't so keen, so I don't talk about it.

Absolutely, I have my own pain and PTSD issues and my wife has MS and AS - we are a great pair ! Growing my own meds is a fantastic way forward. She isn't so keen, so I don't talk about it.
Our better halves are usually not into this sort of thing I don't think.

This place is like family, you all are my 420 family. I can count on members here to give me good advice and everyone here wants you to succeed.✌️
That's the best part. Not only does it feel like you've known these strangers here for years but they really truly want you to succeed. What more can you ask for. For me personally it fills a void.

She is pretty straight laced, I am a bit more liberal in these sorts of things. I was a bit wild when she met me, but she has tamed me a bit, a good woman indeed. She has given me 3 great kids and I have worked hard to provide a great place for them to live and thrive. Thats why we moved to Australia. My wife is Australian, we met and lived in the UK, but it was going downhill fast where we lived. Where we are now is a great place and our kids have really thrived in school and sports. Unfortunately my accident has seen things be pretty hard for a few years, but we have battled through and we are getting there. I reckon that there will be a 'Green Rush' here in a few years and I would be happy to make a career from growing Medical Cannabis. If that doesn't happen, I am happy to grow my own meds instead of taking a raft of pills.

Back
Top Bottom