WreckLoose Second Outdoor Auto Grow: Northern Lights, Matanuska, Cheese, Insomnia

No, I put them straight in the jar and sealed it right away with the hygrometer inside and it settled at 80% after an hour or so. I thought I would be losing those precious terpenes if I left the jar open. I'll give this a try tomorrow though and see if there's a more accurate reading. To be honest the buds do seem almost there, a little crispy on the outside but still nice and spongy when lightly squeezed.

Honestly Shed, I don't know how you find the time to help so many of us on this forum but please know just how appreciated it is. :thanks:

I'll pull it out of the fridge again tomorrow and hopefully I can get an accurate reading this time. I guess I was just concerned seeing the RH at 80%, I'm just terrified of any mold showing up.

Well this update is long overdue. I decided that without pictures of the final harvest, I might as well wait until everything is dried and well into the curing process before updating. So I guess I'll start with the Insomnia which amounted to 45g, I expected a little more but I'm still happy with it. I've also been finding a handful of seeds (8 so far) within the buds which I presume means she hermied at some point without me realising. What's strange is it didn't seem to affect the other plants in any way, which leads me to believe I maybe left her too long to harvest which then caused her to hermie very late on. Now onto the Northern Lights and Matanuska which yielded a measly 15g each, which is still better than I expected to be fair. Once I uprooted them, it was easy to see why they never lived up to their potential. Both root balls were just miniscule which would maybe suggest I was definitely overwatering (I'll get the hang of it one day), which also created the perfect breeding ground for all those fungus gnats. Okay, so the Cheese (which came to 35g) was the last to be harvested (day 97) and in all honesty she could've probably gone a little longer but it was a race against the dreaded powdery mildew that was taking over quick sharp. After a nice H2O2 bath and bud wash it was right as rain and possibly the nicest of the bunch. I'll do one last smoke report update soon with some nug pics before closing this journal up for good. I should really start my GG4/Banana Kush journal considering I'm almost 7 weeks in but then again, I'm incredibly lazy so who knows when I'll get round to it. ‍♂️

I suppose it's the least I can do. :thumb:

Here's the GG4 on day 44 and the Banana Kush on day 42 (the most recent I have).

GG4day44.jpg
GG4 Day 44.jpg
BK Day 42.jpg
Banana Kush Day 42.jpg

I forgot to ask you @InTheShed. What do you think about the seeds from the Insomnia? Should I save them for a rainy day or do you think they'll just produce more hermies? I read something about people purposely leaving a branch to over mature hoping for feminized seeds. Like most things, I've also read the complete opposite. :hmmmm:

Here's the GG4 on day 44 and the Banana Kush on day 42 (the most recent I have).
They're looking great, and the training is perfecto!
I forgot to ask you @InTheShed. What do you think about the seeds from the Insomnia? Should I save them for a rainy day or do you think they'll just produce more hermies? I read something about people purposely leaving a branch to over mature hoping for feminized seeds. Like most things, I've also read the complete opposite. :hmmmm:
I'd save them for a rainy day if you like the smoke of the buds. They might be hermies again, but the seeds are free and you just need to keep an eye out for nanners next time.

They're looking great, and the training is perfecto!
Gracias hermano! Following your training guides makes it easy. :thanks:
Although, I'm planning on flipping them to flower much sooner than those monsters you've got over there. :morenutes: My target is 100g per plant but I'd be happy with 50. I just don't have the room for such beasts.
I'd save them for a rainy day if you like the smoke of the buds
The smoke is not as intense as the name would suggest, it's actually pretty mellow but still really nice, especially in terms of flavour. I probably won't be doing an auto run for quite some time but when I do I'll throw one into the mix. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom