Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Looking strong healhy plants.

:goodjob:

And congrats with the new light.

i use 15-20% water of pot volume each time.

That would put me at 2L max for the square pots(10L volume) and 2.5L max for the round pot(13L volume)

Did I mess up?:thanks:

Man those are looking fine :thumb: You will find what works best for watering your harem, I tend to use 2L of water in my 11L pots and that gives me a bit of run off. I think it was atrain that said "nutes are too expensive to have flowing out the bottom"

I remember reading that somewhere.
I just wanted to make sure they retained enough throughout, as opposed to it just creep its way and find the drain holes super easy.

I never water till run off mate if can help it lol.when im in 11 litre pots il give a litre of water every 3 days as they get bigger i give them more.i go my the weight of my pots.my sonic xtreme sinks 3 litres a water a day.hope this helps.;)

Good to know.
I'll definitely pay attention to them the next few days.
Thanks for that, beast!

That's what my xtremes drink 3L a day .

Seemed about right to me. At that point most, if not, all of the soil has been wet, but it still isn't retaining too much water.

Thanks bud.
Trying to get a screen made up pretty soon. The stretch is going to start in a few days.

Alrighty. Small update for the journal.

Still ponytailing my Blue Dream auto, just started doing it consistently, actually. Not going to top her.
Blue_dream35.jpg

Pretty sure I have preflowers showing on Lucy! Pretty gnarly looking color.
Lucy_upclose.jpg

Lucy_up_close_3.jpg

Started LSTing a bit more as well
Lucy_lst_top_view_2.jpg

Up close shot of Ak
Ak_upclose.jpg

LST on the Ak as well. Definitely the bushier of the two, but with more bud spots.
Auto_AK2.jpg

Group Shot
Group_Shot41.jpg

Depending on how much water Lucy and AK drink in the next day, I may be giving them their first light feeding of the 3 part base nutrient system I have.

Also looking into building individual scrog systems for the 3 plants I have, I have a few days before they start getting super stretchy I'm thinking.

How do I judge how high up I should have the screen above each of the girls? I've heard they stretch about 2-3x when they start preflowering, I'd like to convert most of that into horizontal growth along the screens.

Thanks in advance!
:Namaste:

Hi Xenon , your girls are looking great , i wish i could offer advise on the scrog but it is something i have never done .
:thanks:

I'll probably be building individual scrog systems out of pvc and string for each of the girls. Either 1 square foot, or 1.5. Either use Eyeholes, screws, or just a drill bit I'll make the spaces for the string to either go through or wrap around. Then, using pea canes or something similar, I'll position the nets 1' above the tops of the pots. Once they stop stretching, I'll snip the string off and remove the screens to make everything nice and purty again; laying a whole screen in my tent would be a little difficult, especially with my tower fan taking up a decent amount of space.

I WILL HAVE MY FIELD OF FLOWERING CANNABIS EVENTUALLY. :rofl: :lot-o-toke:
:Namaste:

Don't worry to much about them stretching too much, I'm pretty sure the 2-3x stretching is for photoperiod plants that haven't been trained and most plants heavy on the indica side doesn't stretch that much especially not indoors under so much led power.
The tallest auto I've had, an outdoor THC Bomb, was a little under 3' and it wasn't trained in any way.

If you are using Advanced, Atrain made a nice feeding schedule for autos A-Train's Advanced Autoflower Feed Schedlue

Before you know it you'll be puffin on some sweet homegrown herb looking at your next grow:Namaste:

Don't worry to much about them stretching too much, I'm pretty sure the 2-3x stretching is for photoperiod plants that haven't been trained and most plants heavy on the indica side doesn't stretch that much especially not indoors under so much led power.
The tallest auto I've had, an outdoor THC Bomb, was a little under 3' and it wasn't trained in any way.

If you are using Advanced, Atrain made a nice feeding schedule for autos A-Train's Advanced Autoflower Feed Schedlue

Before you know it you'll be puffin on some sweet homegrown herb looking at your next grow:Namaste:

Thank you! Gonna hop into that and read it right now.

I can't wait to get back from Electric Forest in June to start my next go around. Definitely will be packing my tent a little more, multiples of strains instead of one of each.

Edit: Just looked over the nutes he used, and it seems a little bit excessive for me. I will definitely be using the feeding schedule as a guideline though. Very good information, thank you so much for this!

Subbed up. Let's see that purple lsd.

As for auto feeding, main thing is to continue grow nutes up until vert growth stops to ensure they get as big as they can. Atrain sticks to the AN line to consistently grow those monsters.

Nice to see ponytail spreading. I'm more fond of topping since its easier, but both show great results.

And the mars, try the bloom only, I thought I read they fixed that. Bloom only would be useful for forcing some stretching(like when ponytail training).

Back
Top Bottom