Xenon's First Grow! - Autos - Blue Dream - AK & LSD25

Do it!
It's a stellar idea. Spent most of my morning trying to tuck leaves on Lucy, didn't realize my lights were about to cut. :/

I'll get to feed them tonight when they wake up.
First actual feed! Hoping to see killer results tomorrow.

Edit: I just noticed I didn't say this:
The ponytail method is an idea I happened upon in this forum by A-train.
He's extremely intuitive when it comes to autos, and I'd HIGHLY recommend taking a look at his threads.

Cheers!

Subbed up. Let's see that purple lsd.

As for auto feeding, main thing is to continue grow nutes up until vert growth stops to ensure they get as big as they can. Atrain sticks to the AN line to consistently grow those monsters.

Nice to see ponytail spreading. I'm more fond of topping since its easier, but both show great results.

And the mars, try the bloom only, I thought I read they fixed that. Bloom only would be useful for forcing some stretching(like when ponytail training).

I'll look into it in the nbext couple of days. I'm about to start my first feed when they wake up in a little bit; it's their first feed of the 3-part base system I have. I'm not going to add my big bud to the mix until all vertical growth stops(or horizontal, rather, along the screen)

Thanks for your input! I look forward to having you along for the ride!
:thanks: :Namaste:

Hi Xenon , you don't need to add big bud till week 5 .

That's what I was kind of implying by my recent post. Figuring the vert growth should stop between weeks 5-7 somewhere, lol.

Thank you!

I bought 4- 5' lengths of 3/4" pvc pipe, 90 degree elbows and stakes.

Going to make either 1 or 1.5 sq foot screens, using a 4mm drill bit, going to drill holes through and lace them up that way, with some string I have.
Pics to come.

NOTE:

I noticed I haven't included any feeding schedule, so here it is:
I will try to increase from .5ml/L to 1ml/L after a couple of feedings..Moreso seeing how far to push them before they start burning.

24 hours before I plant my girls, I water the pots with .5ml/L Voodoo Juice and ph'd to 6.5, then let them get nice and warm in the tent.

I water them as necessary after the first 2 weeks, with .5ml/L voodoo juice and B52.

Once they start to show their white hairs, roughly 3 weeks in, once they're nice and dried out they'll get .5ml/L AN Grow, Micro, Bloom cal-mag. I will only feed every other watering, giving the girls a decent amount of water in between to minimize their stress.

Around roughly week 5, when all of the vertical growth is nearing to an end, I'll begin to add Big Bud to my regime at 1ml/L. I also add 2 tbs of black strap molasses to every 10L of water in the times that I don't feed them.

Around week 7(4 weeks since their preflowers) I swap Big Bud out of the regime for Overdrive, now I'm feeding every watering for 10 days(still allowing them to try out completely, which isn't an issue this deep in flowering).

After day 60 or so, 10 days after I added Overdrive for the first time, I cut everything out and only give her water til harvest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

day 1 to 14 = no water! they don't need it.

day 14 to 21 = .5ml/L voodoo juice / b52

day 21 to 28 = .5ml/L Grow / Micro / Bloom / Cal-Mag - every other watering

day 28 to 35 = 1ml/L Grow / Micro / Bloom / Cal-Mag - every other watering

day 35 to 42 = 1ml/L Big Bud & 1.5ml/L Grow / Micro / Bloom / Cal-Mag - every other watering +2tbs black strap molasses per 10Lwater

day 42 to 49 = 2ml/L Grow / Micro / Bloom / Big Bud / Cal-Mag(May lower to 1.5) ^See Above^

day 49 to 53 = 1ml/L Overdrive & 2ml/L Grow / Micro / Bloom / Cal-Mag ^^ overdrive in every watering

day 53 to 59 = 2ml/L Overdrive / Grow / Micro / Bloom / Cal-Mag ^^ Overdrive in every watering

day 60 - finish = Plain ph'd water

Actually used closer to 1ml/L for my intial feed, they were definitely looking like they wanted it..
Kept cal-mag at .5ml/L

Each girl took 2.75L

Next watering will be just water.

So, I'm assuming this is a sign of overwatering... Even though they were nice and dry before I watered them. Do they just show these signs shortly after watering or something?
In comparison to my non topped blue dream, they're small. Bahah.
Ak

AK84.jpg

Ak_preflowers.jpg

Blue Dream - she wasn't watered
Dreamy.jpg

Lucy
Lucy104.jpg

Lucy216.jpg

Group
Group175.jpg

My plants tend to droop a bit following a watering. Not quite as much as yours are displaying right now. They typically bounce back in 24 hours.

If you have a lite soil mix and good drainage you should see an improvement in a day or so.

These plants will test your patience until the day you chop. Then continuing to test you through cure. Doing nothing is the hardest part of the grow.

Some strains react differanlty in the same enviroment ur used to. So the drooping i wouldnt worry about.if she is in good health give her a pat on the back ;) best of luck;)

Thanks for the responses you guys!

I figured it wasn't too much to worry about, especially since I know I have overwatered them, by any means.
My Blue Dream auto is starting to shoot out some preflowers, which is pretty exciting, and also 4 or 5 days early.

Obi - I already know! I generally only check on them once a day or so now that I know I've got temps under control. The cure is going to be the hardest part, especially since we vape our medicine.

Heraldo - Thanks! Ak is now a 4 way lst, really opening her up and watching her grow around the LST is simply wonderful..

Again, thanks for the reassurance it's nothing to worry about.

Test fit a screen I made up, I didn't take the elbows into account for length I don't think. Just fits wonky, unless I can come up with another feasible way to fasten it to the garden stakes I have.
20160303_095150_resized.jpg

Snapped a couple pictures once the lights turned off as well, to catch that nice deep green color.
20160303_100504_resized.jpg

Didn't realize this one was so dark, thought it would look better uploaded.
20160303_100453_resized.jpg

20160303_100512_resized.jpg

When I had them out yesterday, that rich plant smell was absolutely wonderful.

Also, while the girls are asleep, I cut two hours off of the beginning of the light cycle. They wake up at the same time, but they just go to bed 2 hours later. That extra two hours will help me with my odd schedule to do anything I need to do. Plus,m I think they'll like the extra 2 hours of light!

Do not do that too often, or they will go hermi on you (It happened to me when - out of panick or because i wanted to hurry things up at the end of flowering stage - I decided to change the light schedule and change it a several times in a single week , adding a couple of hours, removing them, adding them again........ and got hermis.... bad decisions). It is smokable though, but not what it's supposed to be. In that time I thought it was new pistils, but now I realized I just got hermaphrodites. yours are not flowering yet , so I think you are safe now.

Also, while the girls are asleep, I cut two hours off of the beginning of the light cycle. They wake up at the same time, but they just go to bed 2 hours later. That extra two hours will help me with my odd schedule to do anything I need to do. Plus,m I think they'll like the extra 2 hours of light!

Yeah I'm not sure I would mess with the lights too much and if your going to maybe extend lights on 1/2 hour at a time til you reach the time you want

Yeah, that's all I was doing. Just moving it back two more hours, but not extending it, so I just manipulated the timer after the lights had cut off, for the following day.

They're definitely starting their stretch, at least Lucy is, whew.
Had to tie her down twice yesterday and she's already making a break for it; but it isn't excessive, it's really healthy looking growth; the preflowers are crazy looking.

It's still so difficult to believe that I did this.. Thank you, so much, for everyone's help.
It really wouldn't be possible without you guys!:Namaste::circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom