Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Hey A1, do you have an active journal going right now......I don't want to miss it. OMM

Hey OMM, thanks for asking. I always enjoy seeing you in my journals and giving out good advice when i need it!

This is my newest grow. Hasn't quite started yet though, I mean it has started just with clones so far and building my new room

AK1 Grows Indicas With Blue Planet Nutrients & JD Lightings

Hey Naph! Good to see you buddy. Might sound cheesy, but you've been following my journals and dropping by for long enough that I think of you as an old friend. I always smile when you pop in - makes me feel good always just knowing you're still around. How are things going for you? You still working on the car (truck) project?

Hey man, yea i've been following for a couple of years now i think, I don't post much but i check your journal every day. I enjoy coming on and gathering knowledge, and looking at the great pics. Yes I am still working on my truck, slow and steady, and all is well for me, as a matter of fact, i'll be getting married today :)

Kind regards

Hey X ! :grinjoint:

jandre picked the picture I liked best.....brother you are going to have soooo many bud sites very soon! :high-five:

Aloha my friend! :surf:

I sure hope so - they are starting to smell exceptionally yummy. Especially cool to me, is the Deadhead Rippers both smell really unique, but really good. One smells a bit like Lucy, which makes me happy as I really like the smell/taste of Lucy (thanks to you for recommending it!).

:thanks:

Hey X my brotha111
I want to thank you again for your tutorial on cloning and seeding. my 3 seeds popped and are reaching for the moon! Reps to you for that!!!!

Also nice looking jungle you have going there :thumb:

Awesome, I'm so glad it worked well for you (whew!). Just got subbed to your new journal, I somehow missed it 'til now. Looks like you'll have a really great set-up when all is said and done. You have great attention to detail - I like you you set up your ballasts for example.

Oh, and :thanks:!!

Hey man, yea i've been following for a couple of years now i think, I don't post much but i check your journal every day. I enjoy coming on and gathering knowledge, and looking at the great pics. Yes I am still working on my truck, slow and steady, and all is well for me, as a matter of fact, i'll be getting married today :)

Kind regards

Today?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!! :high-five:

That's absolutely fantastic, brother. I'm really happy for you both, my friend. She's got herself a really great guy, and I hope you both have a wonderful life together. Thanks for sharing that bit of great news. Way to go!

:goodjob::bravo::yahoo::cheer::woohoo: :party:

EDIT: And, this was my 5,000th post on 420magazine.com, so maybe there's some good karma all the way around here... :) :)

I can't see because my screen is covered with green :bravo:

Hey there WestBlunts -

Thanks for dropping by, it's going to be fun once they start sprouting buds, fo sho! :)

Today?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!! :high-five:

That's absolutely fantastic, brother. I'm really happy for you both, my friend. She's got herself a really great guy, and I hope you both have a wonderful life together. Thanks for sharing that bit of great news. Way to go!

:goodjob::bravo::yahoo::cheer::woohoo: :party:

EDIT: And, this was my 5,000th post on 420magazine.com, so maybe there's some good karma all the way around here... :) :)

Congratulations on getting married! Xlr8 gratz on your 5000th post I can imagine nearly every one of them has helped someone in one way or another, you are a real boon to the community X!

:peace:

Congratulations on getting married! Xlr8 gratz on your 5000th post I can imagine nearly every one of them has helped someone in one way or another, you are a real boon to the community X!

Thanks Shizzy! that's exceptionally nice of you to say that, and I appreciate it a ton my friend. :)

Kind regards

Wow! Congrat's & best wishes, Brother! :high-five:

:hmmmm: I guess that makes me the baboon of the community! :clown:

Nug of the Month...

How exciting!! I was just checking the Nug of the Month contest, and was pleasantly surprised to see my Super Lemon Haze nug hanging in there with Jandre's and the others. Jandre's nug is really beautiful, as are they all quite frankly, so it's just an honor for me at this point to be in contention. If you haven't voted for your favorite nug yet, please vote for your favorite (whether mine or someone elses). Don't forget to vote in the Member of the Month and Plant of the Month contests as well. Make your vote count! There is a link to the 420magazine contests at the bottom of my signature.

Sincere, heartfelt :thanks: to everyone for the votes so far - I'm extremely flattered to say the least. You guys rock!!

:hmmmm: I guess that makes me the baboon of the community! :clown:

Haha, hardly! Sure is good seeing you around more lately Mr Krip - true story!

Nug of the Month...

How exciting!! I was just checking the Nug of the Month contest, and was pleasantly surprised to see my Super Lemon Haze nug hanging in there with Jandre's and the others. Jandre's nug is really beautiful, as are they all quite frankly, so it's just an honor for me at this point to be in contention. If you haven't voted for your favorite nug yet, please vote for your favorite (whether mine or someone elses). Don't forget to vote in the Member of the Month and Plant of the Month contests as well. Make your vote count! There is a link to the 420magazine contests at the bottom of my signature.

Sincere, heartfelt :thanks: to everyone for the votes so far - I'm extremely flattered to say the least. You guys rock!!

Yeah! I thought it was cool! I was catching up to you there for a second, but I checked again, and there it was... Three ahead of me. It's been really fun watching it teeter back and forth. I got you next month, though. :high-five:

Thanks for the props, though. That means a lot coming from you.

Yeah! I thought it was cool! I was catching up to you there for a second, but I checked again, and there it was... Three ahead of me. It's been really fun watching it teeter back and forth. I got you next month, though. :high-five:

Thanks for the props, though. That means a lot coming from you.

Thanks J. Well, who knows - a lot can change between now and the end of the month. I dream of a day where we can actually judge these things based on smell and taste, too. Kinda like the cannabis cup! I volunteer myself in advance to be a judge for this future competition...

i think you both have some nuglishish nuggatry!

:thanks: A1. :)

Picture update - Day 9 since bloom period light reduction:

Really filling in! I'm going to have some serious thinning to do, soon. The news here is that I'm getting pistil development beyond pre-flowers. Along with the flowering comes the stank, and they are starting to smell STANKY. :yummy:

Group from above (top row: Pineapple Express, Deadhead Ripper. bottom row: Jack the Ripper, OG Ripper, Deadhead Ripper).
sep_25_1.jpg

From the side:
sep_25_2.jpg

:bong:

DIY hydro veg update:

Thought I'd show you all how things are going with my DIY hydro system for my little veg space. As mentioned before, I got sick of hand watering moms and pre-mixing nutrients for the task. Although I really like how well coco coir works for a medium, it was taking up about 90% of my time with the plants, and I really needed to do something different given my health and limitations. So, I made the DIY hydro tubs that are a combo of DWC and Ebb n Grow/flood styles. Basically, DWC with periodic floods that drench the root zone in oxygen rich nutrients. The floods also serve one other important purpose, which is to recirculate the nutrients with the larger remote reservoir, below the plant sites.

How's this working? Unbelievably well so far. The biggest problem I have right now, is that they are growing so fast that I literally need to trim them every day. Honestly, this was my fear of doing the hydro veg/moms to begin with, but I still don't mind the trimming as much as the constant hand-watering, and I've got so much less time invested in the veg portion of my growing. So - huge success so far.

There are 6 plants in my DIY veg units total - 2 unique phenos of Pineapple Express (one more indica-like, one more sativa-like in appearance), 2 unique phenos of my Deadhead Ripper (clones of the plants in flower), an OG Ripper clone, and a Chocolope:
sep_25_3.jpg

For fun, I took a picture of the rootzone on one of the plant-sites. They all look about like this, and are very white and healthy overall. These are a Chocolope (front) OG Ripper (rear):
sep_26_1.jpg

I know roots aren't too exciting, but I wanted to show how well I think it's working so far. I'm very pleased.

I've always wanted to try the diminishing light schedule that is the bloom portion of the Gas Lantern Routine, but keep taking the easier path.

I've been comparing results I'm seeing between bloom runs of 12/12, 11/13, and 11.5/12.5 lately. I think 12/12 is still good with indica dominant plants, but so far I like 11.5/12.5 best for sativa dominant plants (but that's after just one run).

I have used GLR for veg but my veg space is small, shares space with my cloning area, and is easier to manage with 24/0 vegging right now. :)

I have found that with Sativa dom. plants, they will start to flower once their light "ON" regime is started to be reduced. I am in No. California and once the sun starts setting sooner, they go into their flowering mode (around August 1st when the cycle is 14 h ON and 10 h OFF). the longest daylight we have here is 14h 47m that lasts for 7 days, between 8/17 to 8/24. I believe that this is due to all the Hybrids out there and few (if any) pure land race strains exist anymore, Kinda' like all the mutts in the dog world. It is no longer necessary to go 12/12 but again, this is heavily strain dependent. They also spend about 4-6 weeks without buds but then explode in a frenzy of production...

Hi Xlr8! Just wanted to pop in and say hello and thank you for coming to visit me!

My goodness, these are some beautiful plants! It's no wonder you are one of the idols for us new growers, not only are you brilliant at it but you are so helpful and manage to explain things so that even I can understand :bigblush:

I'm going to go back and have a good read through, and I am really excited to follow what you are doing. I remember looking at your journal before I even joined the forum when I was trying to work out whether to go soil or hydro. I'm in some amazing company here, a real honour.

Looking forward to speaking with you more, take care my dear.

Back
Top Bottom