Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Hey Ketama its probably from the sodium or salts that was in the kalk. As for the lower leaves the plant is feeding off its self to balance out the problem trying to fix its self. It may take a week or 2 before you see any good results. Just keep up with the feeding etc. You also may want to get 2 good regular watering in with half nutes just to get all the crap out that may still be in there

Hey X! I wanted to write you a message to tell you thank you for all the great info in your journals. You did a great write up on how to pollenate a plant without making a mess of things. I had it bookmarked for over a year on my computer until I needed it lol. I pollenated a Flo female with an OG Kush male. Seeds are forming nicely already. I just wanted to personally tell you thanks. I hope you get another journal fired up in the future.

Hi Steppenwolf -

Thank you for the wonderful feedback - I'm so glad the information was useful to you! I really appreciate the time you took to let me know that it was helpful. That Flo/OG Kush sounds like a great combination. Hope you find something truly special with the resulting seeds. :)

I may journal again in the future, but I'll be around regardless and contributing whenever I can. Thanks again!

:thanks:

Staff Writer. Sounds like a great title to have. You deserve all in the world of growing X. Havent been on here in a while so I have to go threw your journal and others. I know I will see and read things that I need to know so let me get to it :)

Hey Wiz!

Nice to see you and thanks for the very kind words! :thanks:

image1160.jpg

This is the blackjack she is getting better from transplant and deficiency
I'm waiting on the rest of the pics and will post them if you don't mind

This one here is what I am most concerned about.
Any opinions would be appreciated she I'd in soil day 2 into flower, I fed her a couple of times light feed, but I had made a big mistake, due to language issues... I bought kalk thinking it is perlite and put a large amount of it in the soil, but I found that out and repoted them a week or so ago new growth is fine just some older leaves curling and browning rust like.

Hi Ketama -

I'm not a soil grower, but I'll give you my best shot. Sounds like you did good to repot them, but they are probably needing to adjust to the new environment some. If there is any nutrition in the soil, I'd focus on either plain water feeding or light feeding for a few days or until the plant starts to perk up some. Perhaps, a soil grower could give you better advice - they would probably want to know more about your soil and what's in it. Usually, reducing the nutrient strength temporarily and following a good watering schedule will get you back on track, but there can be other factors depending on what's in the soil. I don't believe your issues are caused by high humidity, which plants typically respond favorably to especially when they are still focused primarily on vegetative growth.

:goodluck:

Going to seem strange without an Xlr8 journal going my old friend, but in the end you will still be helping everyone have great grows. Much respect X.:Namaste:

Hello XL,

It has been a real pleasure visiting your journals all these years... I along with many others appreciate all you have contributed to this site, to help ensure we all could benefit from your efforts there with your grows, tips/tricks/smoke reports... remember waaay back when you first got your tent and had heat issues with those reflectors?... I know I have not posted much, but that doesn't mean I'm not learning and doing things for myself behind the scenes :)

Great respect, thanks and hopes of good things for you!!! Is there any way to subscribe to a member and not a thread, or do we have to search on your ID each time we want to see what you are up to? :)

Thank you so much man, and thanks for making us feel at home! CONGRATS!
Kindest regards,
naphtali

by the way if you ever wondered what I.L.T.G.H.T.A.M means in my sig...
I Like To Get Higher Than A Mutherfucker :)
Thanks again buddy !

Hi Ketama -

I'm not a soil grower, but I'll give you my best shot. Sounds like you did good to repot them, but they are probably needing to adjust to the new environment some. If there is any nutrition in the soil, I'd focus on either plain water feeding or light feeding for a few days or until the plant starts to perk up some. Perhaps, a soil grower could give you better advice - they would probably want to know more about your soil and what's in it. Usually, reducing the nutrient strength temporarily and following a good watering schedule will get you back on track, but there can be other factors depending on what's in the soil. I don't believe your issues are caused by high humidity, which plants typically respond favorably to especially when they are still focused primarily on vegetative growth.

:goodluck:

i just told him in another journal that it looks like a cal mag issue but the pics re hard for me to make out much detail

For the record, it looks to me like Ketma has had early nute burn, and the newer growth looks to be doing better. The lower leaves are almost definitely burned. They'll be fine if you follow X's advice.:Namaste:

Hey Ketama its probably from the sodium or salts that was in the kalk. As for the lower leaves the plant is feeding off its self to balance out the problem trying to fix its self. It may take a week or 2 before you see any good results. Just keep up with the feeding etc. You also may want to get 2 good regular watering in with half nutes just to get all the crap out that may still be in there

Thanks a lot wiz, much appreciated bro, the coincidence is I have been reading your journal last night and still have it open haha, cool journal :thumb::Namaste::thanks:

X thanks a lot bro, I lowered the mute dose and keeping a close eye on what's happening but they seem to be recovering well, thank you all:circle-of-love:

Going to seem strange without an Xlr8 journal going my old friend, but in the end you will still be helping everyone have great grows. Much respect X.:Namaste:

I know what you mean OMM!

I feel the same way about your "Aloha" journal - I can't imagine you not having a journal going. Who knows about the future - I just know that right now a break from it is good. I need a chance to reset and refresh, and the physical effort of growing (as you know it can be a bitch if you're feeling gimpy) is something I need a break from for a bit.

But, yes - I'll still be around!! Thanks for the kind words, and that respect goes both ways brother. :)

Hello XL,

It has been a real pleasure visiting your journals all these years... I along with many others appreciate all you have contributed to this site, to help ensure we all could benefit from your efforts there with your grows, tips/tricks/smoke reports... remember waaay back when you first got your tent and had heat issues with those reflectors?... I know I have not posted much, but that doesn't mean I'm not learning and doing things for myself behind the scenes :)

Great respect, thanks and hopes of good things for you!!! Is there any way to subscribe to a member and not a thread, or do we have to search on your ID each time we want to see what you are up to? :)

Thank you so much man, and thanks for making us feel at home! CONGRATS!
Kindest regards,
naphtali

by the way if you ever wondered what I.L.T.G.H.T.A.M means in my sig...
I Like To Get Higher Than A Mutherfucker :)
Thanks again buddy !

Hi Naphtali -

Few posts make me smile as much as this one did! For the past few years, I've looked forward to your occasional posts to let me know you are still there behind the scenes - like a quiet but loyal friend.

I sure do remember the reflectors and the heat - believe it or not, I still think about how I could have done that differently and made those work. I have my ventilation working better now, too, and heck - it might not have been the issue it was had I made the ventilation changes earlier.

I don't think there is a way to subscribe to a member, but if you want to see where I'm posting you can go to the "420 Resources" tab at the top of the page. The first link is for "420 staff" and will give you a listing of the staff at 420magazine. If you click on my profile, there's an option on the left side of the page for "Find latest posts", and below that... "Find latest started threads". That's the best I can think of as to where to find me, other than a PM. :)

I appreciate the really kind words immensely, but what made me smile the most, was your explanation as to what ILTGHTAM stood for. I'd always wondered that! In fact, I've spent time pondering it - true story! In my mind, I always thought the first part was "I like to get high" but I could never figure out the rest. It's awesome to know the answer - I always meant to ask you!!

i just told him in another journal that it looks like a cal mag issue but the pics re hard for me to make out much detail

Thanks for helping look out for our fellow grower! :high-five:

For the record, it looks to me like Ketma has had early nute burn, and the newer growth looks to be doing better. The lower leaves are almost definitely burned. They'll be fine if you follow X's advice.:Namaste:

Awesome - thanks Q!! :high-five:

X thanks a lot bro, I lowered the mute dose and keeping a close eye on what's happening but they seem to be recovering well, thank you all:circle-of-love:

So glad to hear it Ketama - hope they continue to thrive and perk up for you. :thumb:

Hi Naphtali -

Few posts make me smile as much as this one did! For the past few years, I've looked forward to your occasional posts to let me know you are still there behind the scenes - like a quiet but loyal friend.

I sure do remember the reflectors and the heat - believe it or not, I still think about how I could have done that differently and made those work. I have my ventilation working better now, too, and heck - it might not have been the issue it was had I made the ventilation changes earlier.

I don't think there is a way to subscribe to a member, but if you want to see where I'm posting you can go to the "420 Resources" tab at the top of the page. The first link is for "420 staff" and will give you a listing of the staff at 420magazine. If you click on my profile, there's an option on the left side of the page for "Find latest posts", and below that... "Find latest started threads". That's the best I can think of as to where to find me, other than a PM. :)

I appreciate the really kind words immensely, but what made me smile the most, was your explanation as to what ILTGHTAM stood for. I'd always wondered that! In fact, I've spent time pondering it - true story! In my mind, I always thought the first part was "I like to get high" but I could never figure out the rest. It's awesome to know the answer - I always meant to ask you!!

I agree 100%. Naphtali has always been a very positive influence around here. He's quiet, but makes his presence known through kind comments and reps. I too have always wondered what his signature acronym stood for, and had the "I like to get high" figured out but not the rest lol.
+REPS to Naph:Namaste:

Thanks a lot wiz, much appreciated bro, the coincidence is I have been reading your journal last night and still have it open haha, cool journal :thumb::Namaste::thanks:

Thanks Ketama. Feels good to be recognized on 420 :)

Reps for those kind words!

Hey Wiz!

Nice to see you and thanks for the very kind words! :thanks:

No problem

XL, Quixilvir...
Thanks guys,
I have been firing it up since 1981, had to refrain whilst I was jumping out of planes and battling the boogie man, but all the other times I was a smilin like a chesire cat muwahahaha :)
I have been viewing XL's journal's since the first one, man that was 2009? sheeesh...and it sucks (in a nice way) that you won't be perpetually journaling because we know you're stocked up on the good stuff we all crave :) be cool man, and I'll keep a checkin on what you are doing from time to to time, feel free to PM me anytime.

To you all...
Numbers 6:24-26

Kindest regards,
naphtali

Back
Top Bottom