Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Xlr8, you're my kinda guy. Your cake is free, I don't charge friends for cake. Angel Food Cake it is for you then ;)

I was planning to do exactly this, and you know what, it does my confidence no end of good that my thinking was along the same lines as what you do...what company for my thoughts to be in! :blushsmile:

I did try before making some butter/cookies etc (think I repped someone on this thread for their recipe, was it you or Jandre? Can't remember, sorry) but they did absolutely sod all. I am thinking that was likely crap weed though. I'm a good cook and I tried it two or three times. I can't have cocked it up that much.

This is why I want to grow a couple of autos at a time as well, plus buying some of the good stuff, to try and make sure I have enough to put my medicine into different forms for different effect.

Woohoo, free cake!! :thanks:

Might have been me? I failed miserably the first couple of times i tried to make canna-brownies. Once I finally got it figured out, I worked on continually improving it. Once I was satisfied that I had something really good/effective I documented the process and shared it here - if you follow this, it'll work very well (I make brownies and cookies using this method all the time): Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step - With Pictures!

Edibles take a lot of material, but it's a great use for trim leaves after a harvest. Buds for vaping/smoking, trim leaves for baking/cooking. :)

mmmm caaaaaake! i kove cake missippi mud or creame cheese pound cake makes me a slave puppy dog! sorry i loce cake like a fat kid....wait i am fat ,kid at heart! sorry i butted in but you guys said !cake!

Damn I'm getting soooooo hungry now. Those sound great, BID. :thumb:

Thanks for the compliment Xlr8.

I'm leaving the soil outside from now on. Only coco, hempy, or some kind of hydro set up, just not sure about how I would want it set up in the small tents I have. :hmmmm:

I'll have some pics up tomorrow of the weekend around my area. Should be a fun one.

If you need a hydro growing consultant that makes house calls I know one :blalol:

Woohoo, free cake!! :thanks:

Might have been me? I failed miserably the first couple of times i tried to make canna-brownies. Once I finally got it figured out, I worked on continually improving it. Once I was satisfied that I had something really good/effective I documented the process and shared it here - if you follow this, it'll work very well (I make brownies and cookies using this method all the time): Xlr8's Magic Brownies - Step by Step - With Pictures!

Edibles take a lot of material, but it's a great use for trim leaves after a harvest. Buds for vaping/smoking, trim leaves for baking/cooking. :)

I'd rather make BHO outta mine and vap my life awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :thumb:

Lol, I definitely started something here :)

BID, I love Mississippi Mud Cake, I will make a big one of those for ya so I can lick the bowl happily ;)

Xlr8, ah yes, it was you! That's the one I tried and it didn't work sadly. But I am sure there is nothing wrong with your guide, either I did something wrong or what I was using wasn't enough. I will definitely give it another go when I have some harvest material to work with :thumb:

I would like to give vaping a go...it's just an expensive layout if it doesn't suit me (have tried handhelds and they were crap, I'm sure a Volcano or something would be much better)....

Lol, I definitely started something here :)

BID, I love Mississippi Mud Cake, I will make a big one of those for ya so I can lick the bowl happily ;)

Xlr8, ah yes, it was you! That's the one I tried and it didn't work sadly. But I am sure there is nothing wrong with your guide, either I did something wrong or what I was using wasn't enough. I will definitely give it another go when I have some harvest material to work with :thumb:

Oh no - bummer!

There are a few people who use the recipe/method frequently (besides myself) so I'm confident it works as long as you are able to accurately replicate the process (i think Greenhouse, a member here, has used my recipe/process more than i have now). Having said that, I'm sure there are a few ways it could go wrong (temps too high can cause the material to be vaporized prematurely, for example). It does require a pretty healthy amount of dry material, too.

I hope you are able to give it another shot eventually. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions if/when you give it another go. But, wait until you have a bunch of trimmings from your grow so you aren't dropping hundreds of $$$ on one pan of brownies, for example.

There are also some decent butter/crock pot recipes out there you could also try if you want to go a slightly different route. I think Jandre has a good butter making process if I remember correctly.

:thanks: for trying out my oil recipe - I feel so bad it didnt work out for whatever reason!!

BTW - You guys made me so hungry last night that I got out of bed and had a piece of cake that we had left over from a family members birthday (red velvet, yum!!)! Mississippi mud cake sure does sound good, too!

BHO process intimidates me a bit. I worry about blowing my house up, and I have too many close neighbors to open windows or do it outside. Probably just irrational concerns regarding something I've never tried... Sure looks like it would be good if done right though!

I would like to give vaping a go...it's just an expensive layout if it doesn't suit me (have tried handhelds and they were crap, I'm sure a Volcano or something would be much better)....

Yes, they're definitely not cheap! Volcanos are fantastic, but I personally prefer "whip" style vaporizers to bag style like a volcano. Seems more like taking a "toke". Handhelds are okay, but they aren't nearly as nice as the larger home units. This is my favorite so far - from one of the sponsors here:

Silver Surfer - Whip Vaporizers - EZVapes.com

They're especially good for being stealthy as the vapor doesn't leave a lingering odor like smoke. I've vaporized in pretty public places with my portable, and no one had a clue. I breathe much better since going nearly 100% vaporizer too - I rarely "smoke" cannabis anymore.

Oh no - bummer!

There are a few people who use the recipe/method frequently (besides myself) so I'm confident it works as long as you are able to accurately replicate the process (i think Greenhouse, a member here, has used my recipe/process more than i have now). Having said that, I'm sure there are a few ways it could go wrong (temps too high can cause the material to be vaporized prematurely, for example). It does require a pretty healthy amount of dry material, too.

I hope you are able to give it another shot eventually. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions if/when you give it another go. But, wait until you have a bunch of trimmings from your grow so you aren't dropping hundreds of $$$ on one pan of brownies, for example.

There are also some decent butter/crock pot recipes out there you could also try if you want to go a slightly different route. I think Jandre has a good butter making process if I remember correctly.

:thanks: for trying out my oil recipe - I feel so bad it didnt work out for whatever reason!!

BTW - You guys made me so hungry last night that I got out of bed and had a piece of cake that we had left over from a family members birthday (red velvet, yum!!)! Mississippi mud cake sure does sound good, too!

Awwh, don't you worry about it! It won't have been the fault of your recipe, I believe you that it works. I think one of the problems I've got is that even using a double boiler method it is really difficult for me to control heat, my gas hob is ... what's the word? ... temperamental? enthusiastic?! lol.

This is exactly why I want to grow as well, so I can utilise as much of the plant as possible. Because there are only three of them (no more yet Fluffy, stop! :thedoubletake:) they have become part of the family and everyone has invested their energy in them, so it only seems fitting to use everything I am able to.

I will definitely be accepting your kind offer of help when it comes to it, I know I am going to need it! :thanks:

Yes, they're definitely not cheap! Volcanos are fantastic, but I personally prefer "whip" style vaporizers to bag style like a volcano. Seems more like taking a "toke". Handhelds are okay, but they aren't nearly as nice as the larger home units. This is my favorite so far - from one of the sponsors here:

Silver Surfer - Whip Vaporizers - EZVapes.com

They're especially good for being stealthy as the vapor doesn't leave a lingering odor like smoke. I've vaporized in pretty public places with my portable, and no one had a clue. I breathe much better since going nearly 100% vaporizer too - I rarely "smoke" cannabis anymore.

Thank you so much for this my dear. I appreciate your opinion and input because the method of delivery is important to me. I've tried to reduce the amount of smoking I do, but nothing I've tried so far has the desired or necessary strength of effect as smoking it does (I do only use herbal tobacco in an attempt to reduce negative effects as much as possible).

What I'm concerned about is not "feeling" like I am inhaling something, for me it's like a good glass of rich Shiraz or spicy Abelour 16 year old single malt... they are smooth and classy but pack a punch. That feeling I'm sure most of us here love of "woah!" :loopy: Does vaping still provide that kind of "hit"?

Sorry for the ramble...I'm really interested in finding out more about this :thanks:

Thank you so much for this my dear. I appreciate your opinion and input because the method of delivery is important to me. I've tried to reduce the amount of smoking I do, but nothing I've tried so far has the desired or necessary strength of effect as smoking it does (I do only use herbal tobacco in an attempt to reduce negative effects as much as possible).

What I'm concerned about is not "feeling" like I am inhaling something, for me it's like a good glass of rich Shiraz or spicy Abelour 16 year old single malt... they are smooth and classy but pack a punch. That feeling I'm sure most of us here love of "woah!" :loopy: Does vaping still provide that kind of "hit"?

Sorry for the ramble...I'm really interested in finding out more about this :thanks:

Heya Fluffy! It's definitely different, but I like the "hit" you get with the whip-style when once you get the proper temp dialed in. The smell and flavor are much more pure without the smoke. The lemon in the "Super Lemon Haze" for example, is very lemony without the smokiness. Very pure tasting, and now I could never go back to primarily smoking it. Sometimes it lacks the punch a little bit in the sense of knocking you back, but you can easily become very "high" quick enough, I assure you. :bong:

I like my Magic Flight compared to some table top (whip style) I have tried....much more spontaneous and portable. Doesn't "knock" me back, but I don't really need that frequently (if I do, I reach for my pipe).

BHO process intimidates me a bit. I worry about blowing my house up, and I have too many close neighbors to open windows or do it outside. Probably just irrational concerns regarding something I've never tried... Sure looks like it would be good if done right though!

It's not irrational... You're using BUTANE! It stays near the ground, and if you have a pilot light on a water heater, or furnace, ANYWHERE NEAR YOU it'll start that gas, and WHOOMP! There goes the house in a slowly-rolling ball of flame.

Xlr8, I tried your recipie for brownies and have to say they were the best edibles I've had since the gooey ganja balls I got at a barter fair many years ago.

Thanks for sharing that HMG - really glad it worked well for you. :)

Gooey ganja balls... Sounds like they must have been pretty great! :yummy:

(Singing) "Great big gobs of greasy gooey ganja balls..."

I like my Magic Flight compared to some table top (whip style) I have tried....much more spontaneous and portable. Doesn't "knock" me back, but I don't really need that frequently (if I do, I reach for my pipe).

I have one of those, too, and I like it a lot. I don't feel like I get as nice of hit as I do from our home vape, but it's pretty damned good. My wife does prefer it to the Silver Surfer. The portability and stealth factors are amazing.

Thats true with me too - about the only time I smoke anymore (usually from a bong)... is if I want to feel that "quick knock you on your heels" feeling right away. But... the hits from the surfer get me there plenty quick most of the time.

For anyone else curious about it, heres the post I made a while back on my thoughts regarding the Magic Flight Launch Box: Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

:love:Magic Flight Launch Box::love:
magic_flight_launch.jpg

It's not irrational... You're using BUTANE! It stays near the ground, and if you have a pilot light on a water heater, or furnace, ANYWHERE NEAR YOU it'll start that gas, and WHOOMP! There goes the house in a slowly-rolling ball of flame.

So true! I guess I meant, irrational in that I could probably figure out a way to do it safely. But, I've decided to stick with edibles - I love them, and it's less risk overall... :)

On another note, I couldn't help but imagine the whole neighborhood getting a contact high from your nightmare scenario above!!

Back
Top Bottom