Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Welcome to X's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza
(aka my newest grow journal)! :welcome:

This is an exciting grow for me. I've had a few seeds that I've been wanting to grow for a while, and I am excited to give them a go finally. I've also been wanting to grow Pineapple Express, and will be flowering a clone from a second PE mom I have (I grew 2 from seed to choose the one I like most - the cutting from the other mom was a bitter under-sized last round and was culled).

The TGA strains are from seed and haven't been sexed yet, so I may have to pull one or both if they are a male. I don't plan on using any potential males for pollinating and seeding this round, but I could always change my mind on that. The others are from clone and female or are from seed, feminized.

The strains I have in the flower tent currently:

"Jilly Bean" TGA Subcool (Unknown Orange Skunk x Romulan x Cindy99BCGA)
"Vortex" TGA Subcool(Genius x P75 x Romulan x Cindy99)
"Pineapple Express" G13 Labs(Trainwreck x Hawaii)
"Humboldt" Ch9(Unknown plant from Humboldt, CA x Jack33)
"Pre-98 Bubba Kush bx2" Cali Connection (OG Kush x (West Coast Dog x Old World Kush))

About me: I only grow for my own medicinal needs, and always seek ways to learn and improve upon what i do. Likewise, I'm passionate about helping others, and I welcome any and all questions and feedback in this thread. Additionally, I want to showcase some of the existing and newest products from our sponsor, Blue Planet Nutrients.

This will be my 5th start to finish grow using the Blue Planet Nutrients 3-part Elite series nutrients. Additionally, I will be using the newest additives/supplements from Blue Planet, in addition to their base nutrients and their original "Liquid Blue" bloom booster.

Blue Planet Nutrients (3 part formula):
blueplanet.jpg
:morenutes:

My primary hydro system:

As in my other recent grows, I'm using a "bastardized" version of the Titan controls "Flo N Gro" system. Instead of buying the whole system, I bought the controller, a 6 site upgrade, and purchased/fabricated the rest of the pieces myself (pumps, reservoirs, fittings, etc.) Basically, it's similar to the CAP Ebb N Gro, but with 4 gallon square pots with square net pots inside of them. It is, by far, my favorite way to grow!

If you are interested in knowing more about the Flo N Gro system, check out my: Titan Controls Flo N Gro Review

floNgro.gif

I'm use a Grow Lab GL80L tent for flowering, -- which is contained in it's own grow room (about 3' x 5'):

gl80l.jpg

For lighting: Once seedlings have matured to veg stage and beyond, I run (2) 400w lights(MH for vegging, HPS for flowering). About 53 watts per sq ft. They are Hydrofarm DayStar air-cooled hoods, and I am using digital ballasts to drive them: (1) Quantum, and (1) Lumatek. I use Hortilux Super HPS bulbs for flowering exclusively. NOTE: ** I'm considering running both a Metal Halide and HPS bulb for flowering this round. **

In my small veg space: I have a 2' 4 bulb T5HO. I have my own DIY hydro system for keeping hydro moms and occassionally pre-vegging plants prior to placing in the Flo N Gro. It is a uniquely "Xlr8" creation. ;) Basically, the plant sites work as DWC with periodic root-zone floods that also allow the oxygen-rich nutrients to be recirculated back to a remote reservoir.

Finally I want to say a huge :thanks: in advance to everyone who comes along for the ride - I'll try my best to make it a good one! :)

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Here's a pic from a about 5 days ago, day 2 in the Flo N Gro system:

nov_28_2.jpg

For fun, a few nugs from the last grow:

nov_20_41.jpg

nov_20_51.jpg

nov_28_4.jpg

These are pics from yesterday:

Group Photo:
dec_2_1.jpg

dec_2_2.jpg

Jilly Bean
dec_2_7.jpg

Vortex
dec_2_3.jpg

Humboldt
dec_2_4.jpg

Pre 98 Bubba Kush
dec_2_5.jpg

Pineapple Express
dec_2_6.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :bong:

Actualy i've been here for all your journals and have learnt a great deal from u and a lot of others.Please continue with the same fantastic grows as usual and thanks for all your hard work that you share with us all.:bravo::thanks:

Actualy i've been here for all your journals and have learnt a great deal from u and a lot of others.Please continue with the same fantastic grows as usual and thanks for all your hard work that you share with us all.:bravo::thanks:

Hey Evo!

I appreciate having you around for this next one too, it just wouldn't be the same without you, background or not! :)

stoked for the ride brotha!

nice haul on your last one and good luck with this one, your strain list is awesome too.

Are you going to train them? ie ubt? I also have a q about that if you don't mind, do you strip the under developed nodes on your ubt plants? My four main nodes are doing good but there's still those baby two things at the bottom and I kinda wanna strip them to give all energy to terminal buds, if that makes sense, or is that crazy?)

I really like the idea of running an hps with mh, I think the mh brings out some serious resin but you definitely don't have a problem with that lol

I made the first page! I made the first page! :cheer:

Wow. I have made the big time now, being in the front row for X's journal *puffs up with Fluffy Pride* :love:

Hehehe. I like you PG ;)

I am soooooo tempted to get a 400W HPS in my little grow wardrobe thingie and just hope to hell I can control the heat. Just for the hell of it :)

Yeah, two HIDs in that little tent. Gator likes excess :rocker:

I am soooooo tempted to get a 400W HPS in my little grow wardrobe thingie and just hope to hell I can control the heat. Just for the hell of it
What good is hell if it's not hot? 'Tis the season, and all that rot. Nice hot cuppa, Fluffy? :nomo:

Oh PG, I am going to get myself into trouble by talking to you, I can see it :) :) :thumb:

I would absolutely love one, I am running late today so it would be a wonderful get my Fluffy Bottom in gear treat :yikes: :blushsmile: :thanks:

What good is hell if it's not hot? 'Tis the season, and all that rot. Nice hot cuppa, Fluffy? :nomo:

Dude that lighting setup is like wow. That's a odd size for a tent but with those hoods you going to have every inch of footprint covered. Plenty of light thats for damn sure. Your kids are going to like that light. I love the look of the Bubba Skunk. Fat leafed. I did one awhile back, was male tho, and he had some of the fattest leaves I've seen in awhile. You know that both them lights mh/hps combination should limit any stretch of your plants. And the nodes with stay tight and buds harden up better with the adding of mh. Hey I see your ballast brands your running. Can you tell any noticeable difference between the two? I know it's hard to tell, till they break, unless ya goy a decent light meter. That's something i need. I use to check my bulbs after they ran about a week for a start level. Then after a year I start checking the bulbs monthly till I see the drop and then replace. Back to ballasts, I've been leaning too the Lumatek. But prices are similar by comparison.
You know you got acouple great hoods in them Day Stars. I almost opt'ed to use them in my grows because of the spread of light, But I needed the larger hoods and rails if I wanted to cover any space at all. Well looks like I caught this one from page one, Imagine that? I'll even be able to give you a star on your ratings. Hey I see that Jilly Bean, I've heard good about her. And you know alot swear bye PE. looks like a nice varitiey you got going. And you know I'll be back and forth. Keepem Green

:popcorn::nomo:

stoked for the ride brotha!

nice haul on your last one and good luck with this one, your strain list is awesome too.

Are you going to train them? ie ubt? I also have a q about that if you don't mind, do you strip the under developed nodes on your ubt plants? My four main nodes are doing good but there's still those baby two things at the bottom and I kinda wanna strip them to give all energy to terminal buds, if that makes sense, or is that crazy?)

I really like the idea of running an hps with mh, I think the mh brings out some serious resin but you definitely don't have a problem with that lol

Thanks UG!

I will top them, I'm still deciding on whether I'll top them for (4) tops (UBT), or something more/less than that. I need to figure it out quick, because I'm about there. I'll definitely share what I do when I do it, if not please ask! :)

I'm still trying to find my happy spot with it, but on most strains I think removing the lowest vegetation/budsites (to some degree, lollypopping though that term sounds a bit extreme and is often interpreted as more extreme than I meanb) is a decent strategy indoors. I don't recommend stripping everything, but the lowest stuff that doesn't get much light is potentially fair game. So much depends on your lighting and level of leaf defoliation. If light can penetrate to the secondary and lowest bud-sites, than it becomes personal preference and isn't necessary per se'. Why I say personal preference: some people defoliate or can get light to the lowest levels, but would rather remove them anyway in order to develop larger buds/colas up top. This is where it can be preference, etc.

Honestly, I've probably never removed enough of the lower stuff and might try to do more of it this round. On the last round, the Deadhead Ripper was able to make nice hard nuggets on even the lowest stuff due to defoliation, etc., but the OG Ripper still had too much popcorn and fluff, for example. I was a bit mad at myself for overestimating the quality of that lower stuff on the OG Ripper and I wish I'd have removed more of it.

I've always ran dual 400's in this tent/set-up, but it's always been both MH in veg up to day 15-20 in bloom, then both HPS the rest of the way. This time, I'm thinking of going one of each during either all of bloom or perhaps just the first couple of weeks and last couple of weeks (in between both HPS for example). Still figuring this one out, but would love opinions.

I don't know how you'll improve quality over the above nugs :hmmmm: Is that the psycho delicious part?

Yeah, two HIDs in that little tent. Gator likes excess :rocker:

Thanks Gator! :thanks:

I've always done the two as I mentioned to UG, usually switching from dual MH, to dual HPS at about day 15-20 bloom. So, I've never had one of each in there at the same time.

This time, I'm considering doing one of each during part or all of the bloom phase. I'd probably still keep dual MH until about day 15 of bloom regardless. Then, I'd either go to dual HPS until last couple of weeks, where I'd go MH/HPS together for the ripening stage. Or, I could just go one MH, one HPS for all of bloom, starting at about day 15 or so in bloom. I'd probably use a Sunmaster Warm Deluxe for the MH. Hortilux Super HPS for the HPS.

If I did one of each, I'd probably alternate them occasionally so that one side of the tent wasn't always getting predominantly MH for example.

Would love your opinion!

Back
Top Bottom