Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Hi ya Xlr8 :high-five:

Looks amazing in your tent, very clean and tight :goodjob:
Looking forward to follow along, I am sure I will learn a thing or two ;) :thanks:

Thank you JuicySoil. :)

I appreciate you subbing to my journal and the kind words!

I made the first page! I made the first page! :cheer:

Wow. I have made the big time now, being in the front row for X's journal *puffs up with Fluffy Pride* :love:

Hehehe. I like you PG ;)

I am soooooo tempted to get a 400W HPS in my little grow wardrobe thingie and just hope to hell I can control the heat. Just for the hell of it :)

Hi Fluffy, so glad you're here! :)

You'll need (if you don't have one already) a good exhaust fan with even a 400w HID lamp. They do put out hellish heat alright and it can be difficult to control heat in a small space without a good way to exhaust it without re-polluting your intake air with heat, if that makes sense. Having said that, high-intensity discharge (HID) is exceptional and still the gold standard as far as growing sizable plants indoors - just make sure you have a realistic plan for exhausting the heat. 200cfm is probably what you'd want for a small space like your wardrobe. I am more than willing to help you figure any of that out if/when you are serious about doing it, just let me know. :)

Dude that lighting setup is like wow. That's a odd size for a tent but with those hoods you going to have every inch of footprint covered. Plenty of light thats for damn sure. Your kids are going to like that light. I love the look of the Bubba Skunk. Fat leafed. I did one awhile back, was male tho, and he had some of the fattest leaves I've seen in awhile. You know that both them lights mh/hps combination should limit any stretch of your plants. And the nodes with stay tight and buds harden up better with the adding of mh. Hey I see your ballast brands your running. Can you tell any noticeable difference between the two? I know it's hard to tell, till they break, unless ya goy a decent light meter. That's something i need. I use to check my bulbs after they ran about a week for a start level. Then after a year I start checking the bulbs monthly till I see the drop and then replace. Back to ballasts, I've been leaning too the Lumatek. But prices are similar by comparison.
You know you got acouple great hoods in them Day Stars. I almost opt'ed to use them in my grows because of the spread of light, But I needed the larger hoods and rails if I wanted to cover any space at all. Well looks like I caught this one from page one, Imagine that? I'll even be able to give you a star on your ratings. Hey I see that Jilly Bean, I've heard good about her. And you know alot swear bye PE. looks like a nice varitiey you got going. And you know I'll be back and forth. Keepem Green

It is a bit of a less traditional tent size, but I liked it for how perfectly it fit my space. :) It also worked out perfectly with the light set-up I got for it. I'd planned this out in my head and on paper for quite a while before I made it happen, and was really fortunate to find such a perfect sized tent and lamps that worked so well for it. 400's aren't monster lamps, but (2) of them in a tent that size really does light it up pretty well. I like the Daystars, too. What I like is that they don't have a huge spread on them like so many of them, and I'm able to find a nice sweet spot with them in my space without having to be right on top of the plants necessarily, either. They are also easy to keep cool, all of which made them perfect for my set-up.

On the ballasts, I can't tell any differences between them. I use to have a Lumatek and a Galaxy in there, but I swapped out the older Galaxy for a new Quantum, because they brag about how cool they're ballasts run and it's fan-cooled, too. But, I actually think the Galaxy ran cooler anyway, if not by much. I'm sticking with the newer Quantum over the Galaxy anyway as I trust the newer digis more and I like that the newer Quantum and Lumatek are "adjust-a-watt" style ballasts. I have to give the Galaxy credit though, it was a fine ballast (still have it as a back-up).

I wish I had a light meter - future purchase perhaps!

I've never grown Jilly Bean, but I did get to share some with a friend over a few days when I was visiting - he'd picked it up from a collective he belongs to. It really did taste like orange sherbet or a dreamsicle sort of thing... It's very yummy weed, and it was a really nice "up" style high. I was super impressed with how much I liked it (despite the fact that it was obviously dried and cured poorly). All I could think at the time, was "Imagine if this was dried and cured nicely - WOW!" So, it quickly became part of my next seed purchase, and I've been dying to grow it ever since... I've been really itching to flower a PE too - can't wait!

Ready for another great ride Buddy! OMM :bravo:

:yahoo: Thinking of how stressful things were for you for a bit there, that's music to my ears my friend!! :thumb:

...If I did one of each, I'd probably alternate them occasionally so that one side of the tent wasn't always getting predominantly MH for example.

Would love your opinion!
My highest quality weed ever was my first run of PE cuttings, in a 26x30" wardrobe. The 250 CMH that I used still works, but the old bulb is a sickly yellow now. When new it was a hard blue/white light. Hanging bare vert, there was hardcore energy for whatever could get close and only the best succeeded. Gate to wire CMH. I don't recall seeing a serious simultaneous comparison grow, MH vs HPS. MH is not CMH Retrofit, but MH can run from eballast.

I ponder :hmmmm: Why do we use these ugly-ass yellow lights?

Subbed too :)

This seems a great ride xlr8 ! Very interesting strains, love to see this subcool's jelly bean !!
Cheers my friend

Got my seat. This is going to be a good one. I really enjoy how through your journals are X, it makes it very easy to follow along. I hope your TGA strains work out, I am a big fan of Subcool. His strains are all over Colorado and I usually jump at the chance to pick them up when making a dispensary run. Can't wait to see how everything turns out for you buddy.

Take it easy...

My highest quality weed ever was my first run of PE cuttings, in a 26x30" wardrobe. The 250 CMH that I used still works, but the old bulb is a sickly yellow now. When new it was a hard blue/white light. Hanging bare vert, there was hardcore energy for whatever could get close and only the best succeeded. Gate to wire CMH. I don't recall seeing a serious simultaneous comparison grow, MH vs HPS. MH is not CMH Retrofit, but MH can run from eballast.

I ponder :hmmmm: Why do we use these ugly-ass yellow lights?

I've heard many positives on those CMH bulbs, but as you mentioned I don't think they are eballast friendly. I think I'll try the MH/HPS combo and see how it goes. :)

Subbed too :)

This seems a great ride xlr8 ! Very interesting strains, love to see this subcool's jelly bean !!
Cheers my friend

Welcome Billy! Glad you made it to the next journal - hope you are well. :)

Got my seat. This is going to be a good one. I really enjoy how through your journals are X, it makes it very easy to follow along. I hope your TGA strains work out, I am a big fan of Subcool. His strains are all over Colorado and I usually jump at the chance to pick them up when making a dispensary run. Can't wait to see how everything turns out for you buddy.

Take it easy...

Howdy Doc Dread! :thanks:

I'm a big fan of Subcool's stuff too, and have really been wanting to try growing both Jilly Bean and Vortex. Glad to have you along. :thumb:

Xlr8

Another wonderful thread ... maybe I can make it back before bud time :cheesygrinsmiley:

I haven't grown any TGA SubCool, in part because it's all regular not fem. But, I drooled at the descriptions until 'the Void': "Taste is almost indescribable, like rotting fruit, citrus, and baby poo with a hint of pepper" Don't think I want to get too familiar with peppery baby poo.

Cheech, "tastes like shit, man" Chong, "Yeah man, good shit"

shit im late its already page 3

yaay I caught an Xlr8 grow early on :slide:

:ciao: :popcorn::popcorn:

Welcome iSmokes - Glad to have you! :thumb:

By the way, your Auto Blueberry nug was spectacular. I was really tripping on how similar it was to my reg Blueberry nugs from the one I grew. Maybe I'll post a pic when I get a moment... Blueberry is a real looker, but mine was a bit weak in potency compared to some other strains, and a light yielder. Anyway, nice job!

Nug from my Blueberry (grown a couple of years ago. Yours is nicer, iSmokes):
bb_bud_7.jpg

Xlr8

Another wonderful thread ... maybe I can make it back before bud time :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sure glad you're here, Buckshot! :thumb:

Thank you :bigblush:

I definitely will pick your brains if it comes to it my darling. It is a consideration but I am wondering whether for the absolute nightmare it would be to alter the wardrobe to suitable spec the increase in yield would be enough. I'm running a 250W MH/HPS at the moment and it is quite warm.

I have got a 6400k Blue 125W CFL (in the grow) and a 2700K Red 125W CFL (not in the grow). I could easier afford another 2 or 4 (I don't want three, that will make it an uneven number :)) of those and make some sort of distribution for them. I'm sure heat wouldn't be a problem with these, I get the feeling in my climate it's only when it starts getting warm (which is not all that often) I have to worry about the temperatures. I started my grow when it was really hot and struggled but now it is too cold! :laugh:

My problem is lack of width. I've got a great cupboard for a single sativa to be honest, but I don't want one and am not skilled enough to grow one. A lot of the growing height goes to total waste.

I just know that no major works, powers tools or anything like that can take place now so I am rather limited to what I can do. I am going to move the fans about so I maximise floor space and space at the heights I tend to grow my plants.

But if you have any other ideas I am always very open to them! I may be able to invest a little bit over time, but definitely no major expenses. Grrrrr .... if I had a bigger house I'd just get Mr Fluffy to cut me some big bits of wood and then I'd glue them together with No More Nails. Bingo, I don't need to use a power tool :) (shame though, they are really good fun, I love building things).

Sorry I digressed. I hope you managed to dig my points and questions out OK my friend.

:circle-of-love:

Hi Fluffy, so glad you're here! :)

You'll need (if you don't have one already) a good exhaust fan with even a 400w HID lamp. They do put out hellish heat alright and it can be difficult to control heat in a small space without a good way to exhaust it without re-polluting your intake air with heat, if that makes sense. Having said that, high-intensity discharge (HID) is exceptional and still the gold standard as far as growing sizable plants indoors - just make sure you have a realistic plan for exhausting the heat. 200cfm is probably what you'd want for a small space like your wardrobe. I am more than willing to help you figure any of that out if/when you are serious about doing it, just let me know. :)

Back
Top Bottom