Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

better late than neva! I'm in!

Dang your journals move along so fast, yet so much knowledge being dropped.

I'll join the ride. :nicethread:

HMG - Thanks for subbing up again, my friend.

Hope you are feeling well - good luck with the PE harvest! I like the purple leaves on your GDP - any doing that up top, too? Definitely let me know what you think of the Pineapple Express when you chop it so I can be inspired for the one I have going... :)

better late than neva! I'm in!

Awesome. Glad to have you on board for another, Bassman. Was just at your thread - some yummy looking bud in your world right now!! :yummy:

Damn it's crowded in here..... Looking forwards to seeing you in action Xl.. I am a sucker for Subcool grows, those are two good choices.

Hey Xlr, I see you leaning aheavy in the Hazes. I love the taste Haze's produce. SLH is a winner anywhere and has to be some of the best tastng herbs out there. I just threw one in flower the other day. Well keep on plugging away my friend. I'm going to go down and see what this local dealer will give me on some ballasts. Hey the newer magnetic ballasts have all the bells and whisles now, even both hyrofarm and sun systems cordsets. The new 1500 watter I just got is a galaxy product. It wasn't even started to sell me yet, hell it works great, better' for under a month or soo. Got to stnd that test of time. But I like it. Hey laters and Keepem Green

Damn it's crowded in here..... Looking forwards to seeing you in action Xl.. I am a sucker for Subcool grows, those are two good choices.

Really glad to have you subbed, Irie. :thumb:

I like Subcool's stuff, too. Been wanting to grow Jilly Bean after sharing part of a bag with a buddy a while back. Despite being poorly grown, dried and cured - the creamy orange taste still shined through and it had an exceptional high. I can only imagine how good it can be properly grown/dried/cured. Vortex has been on my wish list for a while, too.

I've probably bunched too many different strains together, lol, hopefully i can keep it wrangled.

I've admired your grows and beautiful flowers for a while now Irie - cool to see you around more again. :)

Hey Xlr, I see you leaning aheavy in the Hazes. I love the taste Haze's produce. SLH is a winner anywhere and has to be some of the best tastng herbs out there. I just threw one in flower the other day. Well keep on plugging away my friend. I'm going to go down and see what this local dealer will give me on some ballasts. Hey the newer magnetic ballasts have all the bells and whisles now, even both hyrofarm and sun systems cordsets. The new 1500 watter I just got is a galaxy product. It wasn't even started to sell me yet, hell it works great, better' for under a month or soo. Got to stnd that test of time. But I like it. Hey laters and Keepem Green

I've just been enjoying Super Lemon Haze so incredibly much that I thought it'd be fun to grow some more of it, plus... I had a few more that might pair well in a grow.

I have a feeling that this grow might cause me headaches with the extreme mix. I've got to start planning pairings better - and that seemed like a decent plan, if flowered early (those hazes can get lanky!).

The Galaxy (I have as a backup now) ran really cool and has been reliable. No complaints by me, in fact it might be coolest running ballast I've had, or one of them. I've never used mags, but many seem to still like them.

The more light, the bigger the bud yield potential = Fluffy gets into trouble :)

Grow creep, I love it. It definitely has. I can't think of anything esle! :laugh:

I can't believe I've got to wait another 6 weeks before I can sprout another. I've only got 3 girls, how unfair is that? *sulks*

I might well be able to work something out in there X. Whilst I was unsure about a light cooling cover thingy because of the effect on the light (? - as you can tell, I haven't researched this bit properly yet and am probably completely wrong), that combined with a 400w and a few well placed CFLs....

.... and the atmospheric heat here is pretty much non existent ....

.... Hmm :hmmmm:

P.S. I blame that Propo Gator for this. We have a little chat about big and pretty lights and now here I am ... :) ;) For PG :hug: just a teasin'

The more light, the bigger the bud yield potential. Light intensity is everything (almost) when it comes to yield. Like us all, you just have to do the best with what you've got - adding cfl's is a positive step if more HID watts need to wait a bit. Grow-creep is setting in with you, just like it has with the rest of us... welcome to the club young lady!!! Many ways to grow nice bud - I've seen impressive bud grown with cfl's and t5's, nothing more.

I wish I knew how the heat would be for you, maybe it would work? That's a tough one, but if you can easily keep 250w cool, maybe. If not? Doubtful it would be worth the headache without better exhausting, IMO...

a lot of people take summers off from indoor growing due to the heat battle, so maybe temps will be easier for you now?...

Do you think I will be capable enough for SLH in a couple of grows X? Haze is my especially special favourite (even though I do absolutely adore couch lock) and would love to be able to grow one :blushsmile:

I've just been enjoying Super Lemon Haze so incredibly much that I thought it'd be fun to grow some more of it, .

So glad that you've stuck with me my friend - that's awesome! :thanks:

Thanks for subbing up again, as well as the continued friendship. I appreciate the positivity and kindness a ton brother. :)

How's things going for you - do you have anything growing right now?

Well I think I asked you some questions about some strains a few months ago, :)
Hmmmmm, now where did I put those damn mason jars....

Those plants of your are healthy man! I sure do miss my flood/drain setup, plants in hydro just grow so much faster than soil :)

Kind regards

its ok im about to harv some blue cheese tomorrow in fact, and i got to see some lovely cheese in r2mnots journal niiice! i get my blue dreams tomorrow and hopefully gdp by xmas, super lemon haze sounds excellent i want to run that one, jeeze so many strains, then theres my stuff i need a warehouse asap:high-five:

So far, I'm a huge fan of Super Lemon Haze, but then I may have gotten lucky on the pheno too. Funny how the same strain can vary... I grew 3-4 of "Magic Bud" by Paradise seeds that were amazing. #5 was terrible (but looked great!). I've seen some negative reviews on SLH too, but I love mine. I'm really glad I kept a cut and plan on keeping it around if I can.

So far, the only "for sure" keepers I have at the moment are Super Lemon Haze, Chocolope, and the Deadhead Ripper from this last round. I wish I'd have hung on to my OG Kush, but I didn't save a cut. I also wish I'd have saved a cut of Lucy, but I grew her before I began keeping a separate veg space and cloning. Fortunately I have more seeds left of each -- hopefully they will still be viable for me and have something worth keeping in them. "Lucy" and OG Kush might get paired with X-odus Cheese round after next. Oh, and OGiesel by Cali Connection perhaps to go with them. :) LOL, I'm thinking way ahead.

The more light, the bigger the bud yield potential = Fluffy gets into trouble :)

Grow creep, I love it. It definitely has. I can't think of anything esle! :laugh:

I can't believe I've got to wait another 6 weeks before I can sprout another. I've only got 3 girls, how unfair is that? *sulks*

I might well be able to work something out in there X. Whilst I was unsure about a light cooling cover thingy because of the effect on the light (? - as you can tell, I haven't researched this bit properly yet and am probably completely wrong), that combined with a 400w and a few well placed CFLs....

.... and the atmospheric heat here is pretty much non existent ....

.... Hmm :hmmmm:

P.S. I blame that Propo Gator for this. We have a little chat about big and pretty lights and now here I am ... :) ;) For PG :hug: just a teasin'

I'm feeling a bit out there on some Super Lemon Haze at the moment (had to vape some up after talking about it, lol), so try as hard I might I wasn't following what you are saying as far as your lighting situation. I assume you mean an air-cooled reflector?

To properly run a 400w light in your space I think you have 3 options.

(1) 400w bulb with standard reflector. Then, a 200cfm or so fan/filter that exhausts the whole room. You would want a vent that brought in cool air from outside of your room that was not near where you are exhausting your room. or...

(2) An aircooled reflector, connected in line with a fan/filter. For example it would be connected with ducting in this order: Filter, air-cooled reflector, fan, then out of the room (fan could be outside too, see first picture below). Some would argue that it should go filter, fan, air-cooled reflector, then out of the room...

(3) This is what I do, but may be a bit more invested than what you want/need. A fan/filter to exhaust the space, and a second fan and ducting for an air cooled reflector. Mine is like the second picture below, but I would have a filter on the exhaust fan (filter goes inside then fan, then outside..). Check out this cool pic for a good idea on how to properly set-up an exhaust for your space, should you want to get into a higher powered bulb. Note: The Co2 part isn't something I'd suggest you need to consider for a while.:

FAN-Diagram_web.jpg

Do you think I will be capable enough for SLH in a couple of grows X? Haze is my especially special favourite (even though I do absolutely adore couch lock) and would love to be able to grow one :blushsmile:

I'm sure you could do it, Fluffy.

But, I'm not sure it would be my first choice of things to recommend you grow... Some strains are definitely more challenging indoors, SLH would typically be one of them.

My recommendation would be to get good and confident at training your plants first. Also, tons of really great strains are going to be listed as "easy" to "moderate" on the grow difficulty scale - and great results can be had with less to worry about as you are still learning the many aspects of growing. For my first few/several grows, I stuck with plants that were supposed to be "easy" to grow with "short-medium" heights in the description. I still think that's a great strategy until you feel confident bending, topping, defoliating (as necessary) and manipulating your plants.

:morenutes:

If you do try to grow a haze, it's probably wisest to grow it with other similar plants only (other hazes for example). I've gone against that grain a few times, but you can probably see from a few of my earlier posts that I'm torn about the headache that can cause and want to work away from that in the future.

Having said all that... everyone must pave their own path, and only you can be certain whether the challenge is worth your undertaking, IMO. So... I'll never say, "Don't do it!". It all depends on priorities and preferences. But, I'm happy to give my 2 cents!

Oh, and thanks for all of the ongoing positivity my friend! :circle-of-love:

Well I think I asked you some questions about some strains a few months ago, :)
Hmmmmm, now where did I put those damn mason jars....

Those plants of your are healthy man! I sure do miss my flood/drain setup, plants in hydro just grow so much faster than soil :)

Kind regards

Oops, didn't mean to ask an awkward question Naph, but sounds like things went well! :thumb:

Hydro is my style, for sure. I just like the control it offers as I'm a bit OCD, but... I'm yearning to do a soil grow down the road. The quality of soil-grown bud looks "oh so good"!

:)

Picture update - after topping

Some pics after topping a few of them. I did decide to top these for (4) tops, or "UBT" as some call it. I wait until there are at least 7 nodes, then top above the second true node. The 4 remaining "tops" will become the new primary colas, so to speak.

This particular round had really tight nodes (the space between each alternating set of leaves). This actually made everything a little trickier, because if you top too close to the node below, the plant will split later on as it gets bigger (not ideal!). So I had to top a level higher than I would have, and cut-off the level below the topping in order to have enough stem above the topping. I've never done this before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work... See if you can see what I mean - there was like... NO space between nodes down low, so I got creative:

Topping example - see how I had to remove a node just below the cut, to keep enough stem below the cut? (Once again, these pics make everything look much yellower than it should. The clones in the last picture capture the actual color better which is more a really bright green, not yellowish green...)
dec_5_1.jpg

Here's a group shot, one day after topping a few. Look close, and you'll notice I'm already training the Jilly Bean (lower right), using a garden tie to gently lower the highest of the (4) new tops:
dec_5_2.jpg

dec_5_8.jpg

Pineapple Express (clone) - I'll top her in a day or two also...
dec_5_7.jpg

Speaking of tight nodes, This Pre-98 Bubba is queen of squat at the moment. So far, no space between the nodes. I might have to get creative with her, and I need to wait for her to grow up a bit more before doing anything. She's doing good though and has abundant root structure underneath.
dec_5_6.jpg

Vortex - you can see on this plant clearly where the 4 tops come from:
dec_5_3.jpg

Jilly Bean - another pretty good example of what "UBT" looks like:
dec_5_4.jpg

Humboldt:
dec_5_5.jpg

I'm cloning the tops that were taken off - looking good so far! This was taken outside of the tent and represents the color better too - more of a bright green and not so yellowish. :)
dec_5_9.jpg

Thanks again everyone for subbing to my new journal, and for all the awesome positive vibes so far. You guys rock!!

:theband:

:drool:

My Dear X, it is you that rocks.

I will reply to your earlier posts later (hmm... great wording there Fluff :blushsmile:) but I had to come and wave the pom poms when I see pics like that :cheer:

I do think they are very cute at this age.

Picture update - after topping

Back
Top Bottom