Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Xlr8, I tried your recipie for brownies and have to say they were the best edibles I've had since the gooey ganja balls I got at a barter fair many years ago.

:thanks: Fluffy

A1 you have my number, I'll be over your way on Wed. :thumb:

Like how far over my way?? We could meet later in the day? I guess it depends on where your going to be. I could drive to Tacoma

Hey X.....You Won NOTM.......Congratulations!​
:high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five:

:yahoo: Thanks OMM!! :yahoo:

Congrats to Jandre on a great nug, too, and for giving me such a good - but a bit stressful - run at the end. :)

Also, huge thanks to those who voted! :thanks:

Some new pics and a minor update - Day 15 bloom phase:

They are doing really well and starting to really transition into bud making. In the next week I expect significant changes and the start of some "frostiness". I'm super excited! :)

The Jack the Ripper (lower left in the group photo) is in an airpot with coco coir. It's getting almost entirely organic nutrients and additives, so it should be interesting to compare/contrast with the plants in the Flo N Gro. So far there seems to be very little difference in it's development or flowering as compared to the other plants, though as a former mother it had a bit of a head start.

The stretch is on full force. I had company over the weekend, and it was difficult to attend to them. After the pics yesterday I did some more training to try to keep things in line, but they are growing inches each day right now. They are all similar height except for the Pineapple Express, which is getting overwhelmed by the other plants. Oh well, I'm hoping to at least get a taste to see if I like it as much as other people seem to - if so, I'll give it another run the next round with plants more likely to be similar in size.

I'm still running the MH bulbs, but will most likely switch to HPS sometime this week.

Group photo from above (one of the bulbs wasn't on yet):
oct_1_1.jpg

Deadhead Ripper
oct_1_4.jpg

OG Ripper
oct_1_2.jpg

Deadhead Ripper
oct_1_3.jpg

Jack the Ripper? (Not sure on this one, lol)
oct_1_6.jpg

Pineapple Express
oct_1_5.jpg

Hope you all had a great weekend! :bong:

:yahoo: Thanks OMM!! :yahoo:

Congrats to Jandre on a great nug, too, and for giving me such a good - but a bit stressful - run at the end. :)

Also, huge thanks to those who voted! :thanks:

Oh my goodness, how on earth did I miss that?! Which stupid bloody tick box did I not select to find out when the results came in?! Grrrr....

:cheer: WELL DONE Xlr8! :cheer:

Better late than never I hope! A very well deserved win, a lot of really good entries as well so good job!

Definitely nugs for newbies like me to aspire to :)

Fluffy hugs :hug:

Xlr8 and OG

Thank you so much for the conversation and information on the vape issue. I think I've learned more in those few posts than I have in a lot of wading through reams of information!

You know what? I really want to give it a go. I'm going to have a really good look into the different types there are out there for the budget I have (which I have no idea of until I look at it properly), but will pay particularly attention to the ones you guys talk about ... I trust your opinions!

Do you mind if I randomly pick your brains if a question comes up? I am happy to pay in cake :)

:thanks:

Some new pics and a minor update - Day 15 bloom phase:

They are doing really well and starting to really transition into bud making. In the next week I expect significant changes and the start of some "frostiness". I'm super excited! :)

I'm not surprised you are Xlr8, how can you not be with those gorgeous plants? :thumb:

Oh my goodness, how on earth did I miss that?! Which stupid bloody tick box did I not select to find out when the results came in?! Grrrr....

:cheer: WELL DONE Xlr8! :cheer:

Better late than never I hope! A very well deserved win, a lot of really good entries as well so good job!

Definitely nugs for newbies like me to aspire to :)

Fluffy hugs :hug:

:thanks: Fluffy!

I'll take that hug and reciprocate it. :hug:

Xlr8 and OG

Thank you so much for the conversation and information on the vape issue. I think I've learned more in those few posts than I have in a lot of wading through reams of information!

You know what? I really want to give it a go. I'm going to have a really good look into the different types there are out there for the budget I have (which I have no idea of until I look at it properly), but will pay particularly attention to the ones you guys talk about ... I trust your opinions!

Do you mind if I randomly pick your brains if a question comes up? I am happy to pay in cake :)

:thanks:

Definitely feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help in any way I can - cake or no cake! :)

I'd be happy to help in any way I can - cake or no cake!

And this my friend is exactly why you will get cake ;)

Hey X, congrats on the NOTM win!
your plants are looking pretty healthy but they look a lil light on the green. Shouldn't they be a tad darker? Perhaps a lil more 'N"??

I am trying Coreys full line of nutes in this next grow. I will add the seaweed, vita blue and early bloomer to the feed schedule.

:thanks: A1

A couple of things are happening here... I tend to take pictures right after "lights on" or sometimes even just before. In those last pics, only one of my two bulbs had even fired up yet (they go on about 2-3 minutes apart). What I've noticed, especially during stretch, is that a lot of the new growth is a (healthy) lighter green when the lights first come on. Interestingly, if i wait until toward the end of the "lights on" period later in the day, the new growth has had a chance to darken up and photographs better. Also, in person, they are a much greener light green - for some reason it's difficult to maintain the right color in the pics once posted to the web - they tend to look yellower.

But, they most definitely don't need more "N" at the moment. In fact, I'm making a concerted effort to keep the nitrogen in check, as I've had issues with too much in the past. Seems like every damned nutrient additive pumps up the nitrogen to try to trick us into saying "wow, this shit really works!", which is also why I changed cal/mag supplements and simplified my additives to the BPN line only - to reduce my "n" a little in bloom.

The frustrating part of this for me, is that in person i believe you'd think much differently, these really are about the healthiest looking plants I've ever grown, with the exact color I'm aiming for... Makes me super bummed that I'm not capturing it in the photos! Maybe I need to try harder to take pics once they've darkened up a little after lights on, and balance the colors better before posting...

I do, however appreciate the keen eye and honest feedback. You are right on the money to suggest that based on what you are seeing in the pics. I don't even notice it unless its pointed out (argh!) since that's not really how they appear in person. Sigh.

Cool on the nutes, brotha! I will be doing the same. :thumb:

:goodjob::high-five::bravo: gratzi X fanny tastic nugg im can has a cheesebuger??? pweeese?!!

:thanks: BID! Why, sure you can have a cheeseburger - grab one for me too, please??? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom