Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Fantastic journal my friend, it has truly been a pleasure tagging along for this one and exellent smoke report too:bravo: and +reps. Hopefully we will see another XLR8 journal down the road:Namaste:

Thanks Jon - I'm really glad to have gotten to know you here, and have really enjoyed your presence and knowledge in my journals. Maybe now I'll get more time to watch those awesome vids of yours!

:thanks:

Hi OMM -

Yes, we have the Foodsaver V2244. About $70 or so, but well worth it! The important thing, is you want it to be the Foodsaver brand with the accessory port. There are other brands, but Foodsaver seems to be the best, and they are the ones with the great jar attachment for vacuum sealing Mason jars. Be cautious if you go with one of their cheaper models instead, as not all of them have the accessory port or work with the jar attachment.

The other thing you need, is the Wide-mouth, jar sealer. It's about $10 and would probably need to be ordered online from eb@y or @mazon, etc.

Aside from cannabis, they are really useful. They can seal without vacuum, too. We no longer use chip clips as much, because they reseal a potato chip bag! It's great for marinading, meat storage, you name it.

When you open a jar of bud that's been vacuum sealed, even after months, a huge rush of air whooshes when you remove the lid - it's crazy! It keeps things fresh much longer. For longer storage, jars that were vacuum sealed and frozen, once removed, were just like the day we put them in the freezer - still really yummy and fresh.

Lately, I've been vaping fresh Super Lemon Haze that is from August 2012 - and believe me, anyone would think it's fresh/prime bud.

For us, anything not being immediately used is vacuum sealed in jars with 62% humidipaks. If it won't be used within a couple of months, the humidipaks get removed, then the jars are vacuum sealed and carefully stored in a freezer

After freezing, it's crucial to remove jars carefully as they are cold and under vacuum pressure, so probably a bit more fragile. Also, the trichomes on the bud are frozen and can easily be broken off. The trick is to handle the jars carefully, and then let them get to room temperature before opening to avoid dew-point problems getting your bud wet and soggy. Can't open them while still cold!

As I mentioned, I DO remove the humidipaks when we freeze them (not sure if it matters, but it might). Freezers that don't have "auto-defrost" work best, but even a standard auto-defrost freezer will extend the life for a long time if done right.

Thanks Buddy. I copied that and put it in a good place. I will be ordering one very soon. Is there anything you don't know!:bravo:

Thanks Buddy. I copied that and put it in a good place. I will be ordering one very soon. Is there anything you don't know!:bravo:

Plenty I don't know!! But - glad I could help with this one. Since I just grow for myself, it was important to figure out long-term and short-term storage solutions to make the bud last longer. :)

A great Wrap up to a great journal X, beautifully done:bravo:
I loved the strain reviews, too. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again- You really are such a HUGE part of this community, and make it a better place. MLAR Brother:Namaste:

Hope you blog this exchange.....

Hi OMM -

Yes, we have the Foodsaver V2244. About $70 or so, but well worth it! The important thing, is you want it to be the Foodsaver brand with the accessory port. There are other brands, but Foodsaver seems to be the best, and they are the ones with the great jar attachment for vacuum sealing Mason jars. Be cautious if you go with one of their cheaper models instead, as not all of them have the accessory port or work with the jar attachment.

The other thing you need, is the Wide-mouth, jar sealer. It's about $10 and would probably need to be ordered online from eb@y or @mazon, etc.

Aside from cannabis, they are really useful. They can seal without vacuum, too. We no longer use chip clips as much, because they reseal a potato chip bag! It's great for marinading, meat storage, you name it.

When you open a jar of bud that's been vacuum sealed, even after months, a huge rush of air whooshes when you remove the lid - it's crazy! It keeps things fresh much longer. For longer storage, jars that were vacuum sealed and frozen, once removed, were just like the day we put them in the freezer - still really yummy and fresh.

Lately, I've been vaping fresh Super Lemon Haze that is from August 2012 - and believe me, anyone would think it's fresh/prime bud.

For us, anything not being immediately used is vacuum sealed in jars with 62% humidipaks. If it won't be used within a couple of months, the humidipaks get removed, then the jars are vacuum sealed and carefully stored in a freezer

After freezing, it's crucial to remove jars carefully as they are cold and under vacuum pressure, so probably a bit more fragile. Also, the trichomes on the bud are frozen and can easily be broken off. The trick is to handle the jars carefully, and then let them get to room temperature before opening to avoid dew-point problems getting your bud wet and soggy. Can't open them while still cold!

As I mentioned, I DO remove the humidipaks when we freeze them (not sure if it matters, but it might). Freezers that don't have "auto-defrost" work best, but even a standard auto-defrost freezer will extend the life for a long time if done right.

X

May I ask why you chose the BPN 3 part rather than the Farmers Pride Organic?

And what other BPN or other products did you add along the way? I'm sure it's all posted here and I read it but am having a hard time scanning back to find it.

A little post grow nute review. Like you wouldn't change a thing, or you might have wanted to try this or that?

I know your results are outstanding, I'm just curious.

if i may i may be able to answer that
bpn is widely used by alot of growers on this site
why? because it works great, i myself dont use it but i have seen alot of people on this site use it with excellent results
the product support they get from corey is second to none.
the nutes and feeding schedule they use is strictly for this type of plant.
and to the other parts of your question im sure X can answer
another journal you might want to check is jandre's journal he is another bpn user with excellent results.
at the beggining of his journals is detailed explanations of what bpn nutes hes using and for what reason
these guys dont usually leave anything out in thier descriptions of what and why they use bpn products.

X

May I ask why you chose the BPN 3 part rather than the Farmers Pride Organic?

And what other BPN or other products did you add along the way? I'm sure it's all posted here and I read it but am having a hard time scanning back to find it.

A little post grow nute review. Like you wouldn't change a thing, or you might have wanted to try this or that?

I know your results are outstanding, I'm just curious.

Hi Hash Hound!

Organics don't work as well in hydroponics, where we tend to feed them nutrient salts directly that don't need to first be broken down organically. Organics (like the Farmers Pride line) can cause problems with pumps and and other issues and just aren't good for hydro growing (though excellent for soil!)

I use the 3-part Elite series along with all the products in the "hi-yield" kit:

Seaweed, Vita-Blue, Liquid Blue, Early Bloomer, and even the Root Magic mycorrhizae. The additives I use as recommended on the website. I sometimes adjust the base nutrients based on how the plants are responding.

This was my first complete run with the Seaweed, Vita Blue, Early Bloomer and Root Magic, and I was very happy with the results. Start to finish things were problem free, deficiency free and plants were nothing but happy - i loved how it worked out. I'll do the same thing next time - wouldn't change a thing.

The only other additives I used were Cal Mag, Silica, and root zone conditioner (Dutch Master "Zone".)

The one thing I did differently, is reduced then eliminated the "Grow" part of the 3-part the last couple of weeks before flushing as I felt like they didn't need it and would get enough of the nutrients it contains from the other 2 base nute parts or the Cal Mag.

Does that answer your questions? Let me know if I missed anything... Good questions! :)

Hi Hash Hound .........Ive never used BPN but I sure will next time !!!! After reading the labels the percentages of Nutrients is much higher at half the price. It really pisses me off that when I started a few years ago my local Hydro shop pushed thier favorite products. They said that I had to have Black Diamond for the Phosphurus. Silly me I bought it for about $30 per gallon (can't remember now how much I paid) but after reading the label it has .05% Phosphurus .....I have more phosphurus in my Spit !! I'll be ordering my BPN very soon .....after I read all the labels , I grow in soil but still all the info is there ....Good Luck

You are a Good Man Xlr8 !! This journal has been a wonderful ride and a good learning experience for me ! And its not like you'll be riding off into the sunset yelling "Hi Ho Silver" ! We'll be seeing you around !! :goodjob: :Namaste: :peace: :bravo:

Hey X! I wanted to write you a message to tell you thank you for all the great info in your journals. You did a great write up on how to pollenate a plant without making a mess of things. I had it bookmarked for over a year on my computer until I needed it lol. I pollenated a Flo female with an OG Kush male. Seeds are forming nicely already. I just wanted to personally tell you thanks. I hope you get another journal fired up in the future.

Bro if I may disturb with a consult I seem to be having an issue with a couple of plants blackjack which is getting better but still has dying leaves but I had made a huge mistake and put a whole lots of kalk thinking it is perlite, so I repotted all to a fresh medium, but now after the transfer my favorite raspberry is showing some leaves browning up and curling down, I will post some pics, any help would be much appreciated

image1160.jpg

This is the blackjack she is getting better from transplant and deficiency
I'm waiting on the rest of the pics and will post them if you don't mind

This one here is what I am most concerned about.
Any opinions would be appreciated she I'd in soil day 2 into flower, I fed her a couple of times light feed, but I had made a big mistake, due to language issues... I bought kalk thinking it is perlite and put a large amount of it in the soil, but I found that out and repoted them a week or so ago new growth is fine just some older leaves curling and browning rust like.

Back
Top Bottom