Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Omg them are nice buds bud.

X , those buds are so nice, thats how you do it. :adore:

Xcellent looking buds!!! I love the look under natural light. Jillybean, along with her cousin Chernobyl, always look so pretty when done right. Well done.
I love the look of the Humboldt too. It looks like it tastes great!

Humboldt is wonderful - I love it. Jillybean has some real killer large buds that I'll have to dig out and take pics of soon. Not sure why I didn't take the time today... She did that "dreading" or "fox-tailing" thing that seems common with some Subcool strains. She smells like oranges and musky citrus heaven.

Beautiful!

Im not a shamed to say your an idol/iconic grower in my eyes X. reps!

What a class act, nice thing to say Wiz! :thanks:

What wizz said x 10.

I'm feelin' the love big time - thanks for the awesome warm fuzzies guys - truly! :circle-of-love:

Damn X ! I had to go through 4 pages of congrats to you ! I've already said my congrats, but am doing so again now. To bad you lost showing all you're awards and accomplishments in your name now! But we all remember what a prolific grower you are. :high-five:

You are one of the most admired and loved growers of all time on 420. :bravo:

Praise of the highest kind from the man who is THE most admired and loved grower of all time on 420mag. I've learned much from you regarding growing, journaling and life. I'd sure be honored to be in such great company. Thanks buddy!!
:circle-of-love:

Oh, I was given the option to keep the titles, but I like less clutter with all things in life and decided simple is better. The one I'd still like to win someday is POTM. I might even aim specifically for it with a big solo bush grow sometime - sounds like fun to me. Let it veg for about 2 months, give it some topping and training, and let her rip!

Bro!! Congrats !!
And awesome nuggage!

Peace and God bless!
GT

Thanks GT, that means a lot to me brother. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Sweet delight!!! Sorry I haven't cruised in for a peek for a while...I had to give you reps on those beautiful buds. Been relocating my grow OUT of the storage room and into my sun porch....Have one plant left in hydro in the tent and eight ladies waiting...My new journal is up and running...I still giggle a bit when I think of where I was less than a year ago...and you 5 years ago and where you are now!...Congrats on ALL your successes:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Sweet delight!!! Sorry I haven't cruised in for a peek for a while...I had to give you reps on those beautiful buds. Been relocating my grow OUT of the storage room and into my sun porch....Have one plant left in hydro in the tent and eight ladies waiting...My new journal is up and running...I still giggle a bit when I think of where I was less than a year ago...and you 5 years ago and where you are now!...Congrats on ALL your successes:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Hi Hozona -

You sound busy! I'll check out your new journal for sure.

Good gravy has it been almost 5 years?! Journaling here helps a ton with progressing a growers skills. A lot can be learned from the interactions with others. I believe it was Propa Gator who spoke of journaling helping him stay on his game, and I whole-heartedly agree: There's nothing like putting yourself out there, where the world sees your successes or failures, to motivate a grower to put their best foot forward. Having said that, it's time for a break for me for a bit. I'm good on meds, and I've journaled and grown non-stop for a while now without a break. I'm proud of how it's gone, mostly, but ready to spend more time in other peoples journals and contributing to the site in new ways. I agree, you've done well for yourself this past year! :)

X

Kudos to you !!!

can you give a little recap on what you will be doing as a staff writer?

after a few pages on people congratulating you, and me trying to figure exactly what a staff writer does, I thought I should ask.

X

Kudos to you !!!

can you give a little recap on what you will be doing as a staff writer?

after a few pages on people congratulating you, and me trying to figure exactly what a staff writer does, I thought I should ask.

Thanks HH, at least in the beginning, my focus will be on product reviews as part of some new site upgrades that are coming in the near future. Long term, we'll see where it goes next - but I enjoy the writing so far. Good question - and really appreciate you dropping by. :)

All of what they said plus one of the most humble which adds a whole lot, thank you bro, keep being you and keep the fruits fruity, much respect.

Your explanations are clear and concise and having you as a staff writer can do nothing but improve the sharing of info across the site. I could tell you enjoy teaching as much as I do! :cheesygrinsmiley::circle-of-love:

Thanks Hozona! Me try super much hard to writed good. ;)

I do enjoy teaching and sharing, and I can tell you do as well. Thanks again buddy!

:thanks:

All of what they said plus one of the most humble which adds a whole lot, thank you bro, keep being you and keep the fruits fruity, much respect.

I appreciate that Ketama, I have much to be humble about as it took me a while to get to the point I'm at, and I still have a long way to go before I get to where I want to be... I'm constantly in awe of so many people who pick this all up quicker than I do/did. Thanks again for the really kind words brother. :)

:thanks:

Well, this was a fun grow for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed having so many friends here along for the ride. The positivity has been amazing, and I'm very appreciative of all the many kind words and support along the way. This really is the greatest community of ANY kind on the web in my opinion.

As I've mentioned, I think it's a good time for me to take a break from growing and journaling. Since I grow for myself, I'll be set for a while and just don't need to produce any more right now. What I have will be curing for a bit, as I'm trying for a nice slow cure this time. Here are my initial impressions of the different strains:

• Pineapple Express gave me such a headrush the first time I tried it, that I had to immediately sit down. Minutes later, I saw my own glasses out of the corner of my eye and kind of startled myself, lol. Then, it was about a half hour of giggles. Just sayin', it's wicked awesome... The flavor on the nugs I've tried so far I'd describe more as "tropical" than pineapple, though there does indeed seem to be a hint of pineapple involved. Very nice taste, that I'm sure will get better yet with a good cure. Really gave me the munchies!

• Jillybean - Citrus taste, definitely a bit of orange creeping through that I think will be magnified with a longer cure. Excellent all around uplifting experience and a nice balance of effects between indica and sativa. Uplifting at the start with a nice mellow finish. This one really gave me the munchies, too. The smell when you crack the jars on these is like orange candy. :yummy:

• Humboldt - Fantastic flavor. Jasmine, citrus and floral tones that form a very unique, sweet flavor when combined. The buds have a hint of purple on the outside, but grind up to look predominantly purple. Very pretty! The effect is mostly up and giggly, with a whole-body euphoria that just makes you feel warm and buzzy. This is excellent bud - from a freebie!

• Vortex - Sweet like fruity candy, with a very upbeat and giggly high. This one is pure fun, and a bit zoomy. The dried buds in the jars are like a thousand marbles. I don't really care for the smaller buds but they sure are good, and there sure are a lot of them. I really like the bud, but I didn't enjoy the plant much as it was one of those really vine-like sativas. I don't see myself growing this one again, as good as it is, just for the shape/style of the plant and the low yield. It might do better under stronger lights, but it scoffed at the dual 400's I have.

• Pre-98 Bubba - Earthy flavor, with a bit of coffee or something similar thrown in. There's an almost... "hairspray" odor in it that I don't care for, though it's somewhat surpisingly absent in the flavor. Nice mellow indica-style effect with that permagrin, "where did the time go" sort of effect. I haven't sampled this one as much yet, but those are my initial impressions. Reminds me of a mellow OG Kush a little bit.
Overall, yields were in line with what I expected. Had I felt more up to it, I would have been able to improve on this quite a bit. Yield wasn't my primary goal here, though, and I was really cramming a lot into a small space (my tent is only about 3' x 5'). Interestingly, the largest plants were the ones under the metal halide bulb, though the lower portions of these plants were cleaned up better, and weren't as viable lower on the plant as the buds under the HPS. The HPS seemed to penetrate better, without a doubt, but the "top tier" bud was as nice or nicer on the MH side. Next time I grow, I'll probably incorporate the MH into part of the bloom phase, but not all of it (still pondering this actually).

I realize the Bubba yield is laughable, but I kept it around just for the sample. It never made the height of the main canopy so never got prime light. It sure showed in the yield, but I knew it would. If yield had been the primary goal, I'd have culled it for sure and given the other plants more space. But, I wanted to sample some new strains this round, to see if I could find a long-term keeper, and this round was a success in those terms.

Harvest totals for this grow:

Jillybean - 4.2z
Pineapple Express - 3.5z
Humboldt - 2.5z
Vortex - 2.1z
Pre-98 Bubba -.5z

Total - 12.8z

I will be focusing more and more of my energy in other peoples journals and on other projects and areas of the site for a while. I'll keep the journal open a bit longer for any other questions, etc., but will probably close it in the near future.

Thanks again everyone for being on this journey with me!! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom