Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

Just a heads up!

I'm planning on starting a new journal soon. This one is getting too long and over-bearing, and I want to feature more prominently some of the new Blue Planet Nutrients products that I'll be using. They have some really cool new stuff, and I'm going to give them a go. If they work as well as the rest of his products, I'll be a very happy camper!! I'm hoping to use these to my advantage and see if I can get some monster bloomage going on these babies. I can't wait!

I'll post a new link once I get it going, and I'm hoping you'll all follow me there! Probably sometime yet this week... I'll post a link once I get it up.

TTFN!

:bong:

Well, X, I'm joining you on my next grow....Going to BPN too! .......sure helps to win nug of the month! :high-five:

So true! I guess I meant, irrational in that I could probably figure out a way to do it safely. But, I've decided to stick with edibles - I love them, and it's less risk overall... :)

On another note, I couldn't help but imagine the whole neighborhood getting a contact high from your nightmare scenario above!!

(neighbors doin' a Tommy Chong)"Oh, wow, man... The house is on fire..."

:yahoo: Thanks OMM!! :yahoo:

Congrats to Jandre on a great nug, too, and for giving me such a good - but a bit stressful - run at the end. :)

Also, huge thanks to those who voted! :thanks:

hehehe, I was checking and rechecking, and even had a hopeful moment:

"Yes... Almost... YES!... awwwww..... dammit." Like watching your horse take the lead, and then stumble at the finish line...

Hey, I couldn't have come second to a better person, or nug, this race. Congrats, again.

Some new pics and a minor update - Day 15 bloom phase:

They are doing really well and starting to really transition into bud making. In the next week I expect significant changes and the start of some "frostiness". I'm super excited! :)

The Jack the Ripper (lower left in the group photo) is in an airpot with coco coir. It's getting almost entirely organic nutrients and additives, so it should be interesting to compare/contrast with the plants in the Flo N Gro. So far there seems to be very little difference in it's development or flowering as compared to the other plants, though as a former mother it had a bit of a head start.

The stretch is on full force. I had company over the weekend, and it was difficult to attend to them. After the pics yesterday I did some more training to try to keep things in line, but they are growing inches each day right now. They are all similar height except for the Pineapple Express, which is getting overwhelmed by the other plants. Oh well, I'm hoping to at least get a taste to see if I like it as much as other people seem to - if so, I'll give it another run the next round with plants more likely to be similar in size.

I'm still running the MH bulbs, but will most likely switch to HPS sometime this week.

Group photo from above (one of the bulbs wasn't on yet):
oct_1_1.jpg
<snip>
Hope you all had a great weekend! :bong:

Not to detract form the individuals, but you always have the best looking overall canopy. SKILLZ!

Spat my coffee out alllll over my laptop BID! :laugh:

herb.jpg

(well, I will have soon....)

YAY!! Another one to add to the collection of our coffee wiped laptops, 'doode! So far we're doing pretty well, ya think?

(Me and BID were going back and forth making each other sputter a few months back and pulled some others into it)

Now A1 my darling, where did I say you couldn't have cake? Of course you can have cake!

Welcome to Fluffy's Cafe, no payment required just good company. I do main meals as well, my lasagne is pretty damn good ;)

Although you might get extras if we get your Roadrunner avatar back. I might start a petition :)
If you get a petition going and get 15 to sign I'll change it back!

I'm a pretty mean cook myself yanno, I also can make a pretty kickass blackberry cobbler and some wicked apple dumplings!
I hate change! I knew you just looking at your old avatar. I am number one on the petition!
high-five.gif
BOOOOoooo!

I like the new avatar, but Wile E. was really good too, and I get what OMM means - it stood out right away that it was you. But, I thought that pic Jandre made would be a good avatar, too.

I was surprised as heck that nobody mentioned my new avatar when I changed it a month or two ago... I had the last one for a long time! Guess it was either time for a change, or that the new one was a good call? :)

RIP Wile E. :rip:

thank you!

Too funny!! :high-five:

No kidding, as I read that my tummy was mid-growl purely by coincidence. That sort of thing ever happen to anyone else?! It's like having a song stuck in your head, turning on the radio and WHAM there's that same song. ;)

Yup! I usually have this happen when I'm out walking around... a song will com one (in my head I hear music all the time). Then I get home, and turn on the radio... within five minutes that exact song I was singing comes on the radio. I'm glad I'm not the only one...

Lemon Hazeburger and blackberry kush cobbler. :yummy:

Guess I better go make some edibles.

I know right?! I haven't made anything new lately, and I'm betting the super lemon haze would be great with some sort of edible treat... Blackberry Kush Cobbler? That seems insanely great!

Blackberry Kush Cobbler with a dusting of Sweet Tooth triches, and Cookies made with canna butter from Girl Scout Cookies. Then we could have some Orange Dream-cicles, or some Lemon Ice! oh wait... Top it all off with some Black Cherry Soda, and maybe a Cream Caramel. And don't forget the Blueberry muffins with Plush Berry butter!!

I hear ya pop's. I'm thinking of changing my one day. Hey Xlr that MH will keep that stretch down abit. I like Bushmasters for plants that might stretch. From what I understand that MH is also good for the last week of flower also. I'd try it but I'm not growing a flip that finishes at the same time. That's what make a ever growing grow kind of hard to do experiments on. Different plants all flowering at different times. But they are looking great. Hope the start sparkle starts soon, I know it will Keepem Green

:thanks: A1

A couple of things are happening here... I tend to take pictures right after "lights on" or sometimes even just before. In those last pics, only one of my two bulbs had even fired up yet (they go on about 2-3 minutes apart). What I've noticed, especially during stretch, is that a lot of the new growth is a (healthy) lighter green when the lights first come on. Interestingly, if i wait until toward the end of the "lights on" period later in the day, the new growth has had a chance to darken up and photographs better. Also, in person, they are a much greener light green - for some reason it's difficult to maintain the right color in the pics once posted to the web - they tend to look yellower.

But, they most definitely don't need more "N" at the moment. In fact, I'm making a concerted effort to keep the nitrogen in check, as I've had issues with too much in the past. Seems like every damned nutrient additive pumps up the nitrogen to try to trick us into saying "wow, this shit really works!", which is also why I changed cal/mag supplements and simplified my additives to the BPN line only - to reduce my "n" a little in bloom.

The frustrating part of this for me, is that in person i believe you'd think much differently, these really are about the healthiest looking plants I've ever grown, with the exact color I'm aiming for... Makes me super bummed that I'm not capturing it in the photos! Maybe I need to try harder to take pics once they've darkened up a little after lights on, and balance the colors better before posting...

I do, however appreciate the keen eye and honest feedback. You are right on the money to suggest that based on what you are seeing in the pics. I don't even notice it unless its pointed out (argh!) since that's not really how they appear in person. Sigh.

Cool on the nutes, brotha! I will be doing the same. :thumb:

Talking about the yellowish in the plants colors once lights on... Got me to thinking. I am in San Jose, CA where ALL our street lights are the same color (HPS!!! also). This was done by vote , way back eaons ago. It is because there's "Lick Observatory" a wood tele in the building, donated by James Lick and biggest in country at the time. They have all the lights on the same color so that the astronomers can get much better photographs as well as viewing. Seems they could filter that one wavelength out nd actually make it disappear so no obstruction or distortion. S-o-o-o, couldn't one get a filter aimed at this range of wavelength? Makes sense to me but then again, I'm baked...

just so you guys know i have not had any food today..ok a honey bun at 9am, but that and coffee is it!!,spiffy is making chops,fried taters n cabbage,and greens but still!!!

Oh man, there has been too much talk of food around here lately, huh!? Quite literally making my tummy grumble! Really nice having you around here lately BID! :high-five:

Well, X, I'm joining you on my next grow....Going to BPN too! .......sure helps to win nug of the month! :high-five:

Cool buddy! It's good stuff and you can't beat the service. And yes, winning the NOTM sure does help, no doubt! :)

Talking about the yellowish in the plants colors once lights on... Got me to thinking. I am in San Jose, CA where ALL our street lights are the same color (HPS!!! also). This was done by vote , way back eaons ago. It is because there's "Lick Observatory" a wood tele in the building, donated by James Lick and biggest in country at the time. They have all the lights on the same color so that the astronomers can get much better photographs as well as viewing. Seems they could filter that one wavelength out nd actually make it disappear so no obstruction or distortion. S-o-o-o, couldn't one get a filter aimed at this range of wavelength? Makes sense to me but then again, I'm baked...

HA, I use to work at milpitas Honda as service manager

hehehe, I was checking and rechecking, and even had a hopeful moment:

"Yes... Almost... YES!... awwwww..... dammit." Like watching your horse take the lead, and then stumble at the finish line...

Hey, I couldn't have come second to a better person, or nug, this race. Congrats, again.

:thanks: Jandre - That's pretty damned first class of you, and the feeling goes both ways my friend. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom