Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

I didn't see you was retiring your grow journals? WTF I guess you are starting a little different chapter in your life. I take it you'll still be growing ofcourse. You know me I'm alittle slow I'll catch on Keepem Green Xlr8

I didn't see you was retiring your grow journals? WTF I guess you are starting a little different chapter in your life. I take it you'll still be growing ofcourse. You know me I'm alittle slow I'll catch on Keepem Green Xlr8

Just taking a break from growing and journaling for a bit. Since I only provide for myself, I just don't need to grow all the time. It's hard on me sometimes too - I'm sure you can relate. Damned trimming especially - of all things. I'll still be around, and hangin' out in everyone else's journals until I succumb to the grow itch again. :)

X

now that you and Doc are staff writers, where and when can we see what you guys are writting?

Hi Hash Hound -

Our focus right now is on product reviews. Mostly books, but some other things too.

Eventually, there will be some cool enhancements to the site that incorporate a new review section. For now, these reviews will be in the product review section of the forums and/or the front (home) page. So far, I've reviewed a couple of books, a portable vaporizer, a DVD... There will be more soon - the books, especially, take some time to read first.

Not sure of all things Doc has reviewed yet, but I know he did the new Magic Butter device (sounds/looks super cool), and I know will be doing more when he's a little less busy.

I think I posted a link or two somewhere a few pages back (forum post versions), but I'll try to post another/more when I have more time... Good question! :)

Hi X,

I'm sorry I'm so late to the party...I'm a slow reader and I don't like to miss anything so I read it all. I'm sorry to see it end...it's nice to know you'll be around still to help us all out. Your knowledge and attention to detail and the ease you have in teaching us all...man I've learned a lot from you. I was really happy to read that you liked the PE..."kicked your butt" haha me too. Real glad that all worked out. I have just 1 bud left of that...and several seeds still. That humbolt sure was a beauty too. Wow, really pretty purple. Your photo skills are very impressive...I agree, you should submit to breeders. Staff writer is a great thing for you I think we'll all benefit from it. And I get it completely about growing perpetually (it's a lot of work)...Your post about vacuum sealing came at the perfect time. I was just going to zip lock and squeeze/suck all the air out, then freeze. I'm cheap...do you think that would work? for now?

Hope this finds you and yours well and happy...Much love and respect.

See ya in the funny papers

:Namaste:

Sq

Hi X,

I'm sorry I'm so late to the party...I'm a slow reader and I don't like to miss anything so I read it all. I'm sorry to see it end...it's nice to know you'll be around still to help us all out. Your knowledge and attention to detail and the ease you have in teaching us all...man I've learned a lot from you. I was really happy to read that you liked the PE..."kicked your butt" haha me too. Real glad that all worked out. I have just 1 bud left of that...and several seeds still. That humbolt sure was a beauty too. Wow, really pretty purple. Your photo skills are very impressive...I agree, you should submit to breeders. Staff writer is a great thing for you I think we'll all benefit from it. And I get it completely about growing perpetually (it's a lot of work)...Your post about vacuum sealing came at the perfect time. I was just going to zip lock and squeeze/suck all the air out, then freeze. I'm cheap...do you think that would work? for now?

Hope this finds you and yours well and happy...Much love and respect.

See ya in the funny papers

:Namaste:

Sq

Hi Sqwheels -

Sure appreciate that you took the time to read up on it all, that's a lot of reading! I like the PE "punch" - it caught me off guard for sure. Humboldt really is a winner - I love that stuff. It's very unique in it's look, smell and taste compared to a most things I've grown. Thanks for all of the really kind compliments Sqwheels!

Oh, I really don't know how well your idea would or wouldn't work with the zip-loc... I really am not much of an expert on freezing bud, I just found a way that worked and wanted to share it. I started vacuum sealing my mason jars, then took it another level by freezing them for longer storage. It was a really great surprise to me just how well it actually worked!

I would worry that plastic in general isn't a perfect barrier like glass. Freezer odors could possibly make their way into the bud. I'm not sure about moisture. If you try it, I'd definitely try to squeeze out as much air as possible. When you remove it once frozen, make sure to handle it carefully and not open it until it thaws. I'd use really thick, freezer bags.

Or... I believe you can heat a mason jar in boiling water first... then put your bud in and seal it quick, as the jar cools it will form a bit of a vacuum (not quite as strong as a FoodSaver). Similar to canning. Then, let them cool fully to room temperature before putting the mason jars in the freezer. Mason jars are typically pretty cheap, and they can be frozen if you handle them carefully. This isn't perfect either, as I cringe at the idea of putting bud into a hot jar, and the vacuum won't be as strong. But, I'm not sure as I haven't tried it either.

If I didn't have a FoodSaver, I'd be tempted to try some your way, and some with the heated jar trick, and see which works best...?

Thanks again for dropping by and bringing a smile to my face. Gonna go have big ole' Pineapple Express vape hit in your honor my dear!

:thanks:

I haven't been around too much but I just wanted to say congratulations on your new title my friend. I have already read your review on the DVD, "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" and was blown away by your attention to detail. Nothing hurts more than a long, dull, extreme scientific paragraph but I have never once got that from you. I've learned so much from you, but in an actual fun matter, which is very rare to come by. You deserve all the time off in the world my friend, I hope your stash provides everything you ask/wish for in a strain. I am very medicated right now lol but want to thank you personally for all the advice you've given me. My first crop would have been a total failure without your presence and knowledge to help me through the tough, noob times lol. +reps for always taking time out of your day to help someone else, you have some beautiful karma waiting for you buddy.

p.s....Fantastic Harvest!!!:theband::rocker::tommy::goof::surf::Rasta::party::party::partyboy::high-five::bravo::Namaste::cheer:

You have some beautiful varieties that I bet taste oh sooooo goood lol:high-five:

I actually sought it out yeasterday so I could read it. Great review X, wish it was on n3Tfilcks!

Thanks old friend!! (not that you are old, mind you!) :)

Great info X. I too will miss a new grow but I am empathetic to a much needed break.

Thanks Spring! I appreciate that, and yes - we all need a break now and then! :thanks:

I haven't been around too much but I just wanted to say congratulations on your new title my friend. I have already read your review on the DVD, "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" and was blown away by your attention to detail. Nothing hurts more than a long, dull, extreme scientific paragraph but I have never once got that from you. I've learned so much from you, but in an actual fun matter, which is very rare to come by. You deserve all the time off in the world my friend, I hope your stash provides everything you ask/wish for in a strain. I am very medicated right now lol but want to thank you personally for all the advice you've given me. My first crop would have been a total failure without your presence and knowledge to help me through the tough, noob times lol. +reps for always taking time out of your day to help someone else, you have some beautiful karma waiting for you buddy.

p.s....Fantastic Harvest!!!:theband::rocker::tommy::goof::surf::Rasta::party::party::partyboy::high-five::bravo::Namaste::cheer:

You have some beautiful varieties that I bet taste oh sooooo goood lol:high-five:

You rock, UG! :theband:

I have enjoyed knowing you here and following your grows, room build, etc. I regret that I've not always been able to keep up with things as well as I once did, but life has thrown me many changes and challenges. Most of which, are good, but time-consuming nonetheless. I appreciate the very nice feedback more than you might know. Having said that, I know you would have succeeded anyway - as you are very detail oriented and driven to succeed. Thing is, growing is much more tricky than it looks sometimes, and there's always a curveball or three. Every time I think I have things figured out, I learn something new... the hard way. Doh!

Thanks again my friend - truly! :)

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood! Just wanted to say congratulations on the gig, Staff Writer. I have used a lot of the information and inspiration from your grows, rants and raves. I always enjoy your writing, break a leg kid!

Thanks brother! :)

You've done much to inspire me, I know that! I've drooled many times over your outdoor garden, breeding project, the GSCookies, all of it. You've been a good friend, and I've learned lessons on growing and life from you - and I appreciate it.

:thanks:

Hi Hash Hound -

Our focus right now is on product reviews. Mostly books, but some other things too.

Eventually, there will be some cool enhancements to the site that incorporate a new review section. For now, these reviews will be in the product review section of the forums and/or the front (home) page. So far, I've reviewed a couple of books, a portable vaporizer, a DVD... There will be more soon - the books, especially, take some time to read first.

Not sure of all things Doc has reviewed yet, but I know he did the new Magic Butter device (sounds/looks super cool), and I know will be doing more when he's a little less busy.

I think I posted a link or two somewhere a few pages back (forum post versions), but I'll try to post another/more when I have more time... Good question! :)

Hey X, hope all is weel and see you back on the scene. Still need your expertise on these forums. I was just getting in the groove of visiting everyones journal. I had the same feeling about taking breaks etc. I need more inventory on beans though. Before I can take a break. I refuse to go back to ordering. Any who, hope to see you around. :)

Back
Top Bottom