1000W Cool Tube Grow - 10 Plant Super Bud

20140924_100703.jpg
20140924_100650.jpg

Thanks kraw and jaga. Today i set up the two cool tubes. And iv got heat issues. With the two running linked up to my inline fan with the door closed on full speed its been at 93°/34° whilst outside temps been 68°/20°
With the room door open a foot the temps drop to 83°

My fan sucks hot air out the grow room through the cool tubes and out the exaust. Currently no intake into the room.... maybe thats my problem??
Heres a few piks

Looking good Macca, those babies are coming along just fine...

Where are you exhausting the hot air too? That is the problem I think. I exhaust mine out the basement window not because of fear of smell (running carbon scrubber), but because of the heat issue running 2 600's.

Intake is just as important too, I have 2 intake options for my setup, Central AC duct and or outside duct. This is a good time of year to bring in the cooler air from outside as I assume most of us aren't using the AC anymore (depending on your location) Night temps are as low as 4 and 5 degrees C here, 18 - 24 during the day.

The heat leaves the grow room and into the bedroom.
The bedroom itself though is a steady 70ish degrees with bedroom window open. Im thinking i need some intake to the grow room as wen doors open a little the rooms at perfect tempreture. Maybe if i can similar air into the grow room as when the doors open it should be ok?

if you're running a passive intake (just a vent, no fan) you typically want the intake area to be at least twice what your exhaust area is.... so if you have your exhaust fan pumping through a 6" duct, you'll want at least 2 intake vents 6" or more.

I think if you're running an active exhaust AND an active intake (fan blowing in) then you want the same size (and same CFM) blowing both in and out

Do you have access to windows or vents by your tent you could pull in air from outside?

HHmmm. I am posotive you will resolve the issue, you are smart andcan trouble shoot the problems. Will just have to try different things certains days and see what system works best.

83F is not bad. Just leave the door open until you figure it out...

83F is not bad. Just leave the door open until you figure it out...

Yeah 83F isn't bad, thats the temp my tent is basically running at and my girls are thriving.

Hello macc if you are real worried about the temps,, I always think its good if your exhaust is going out the window I think by having the outlet in the bedroom (please excuse)Well it would become a bedroom heater:volcano-smiley:it you can direct it out of the window the temps should go right down :volcano-smiley: although I am trying to keep my girls at 85f an my girls are loving it. Best of luck :circle-of-love: :circle-of-love:Note to self :reading420magazine:cut down my temps I was growing at around 75f

Well shock shock horror this morning. My ducting had came off one of the cool tube and temps had soared to..... 103°
I quickly rectified this. At the moment im running one hps and one mh im thinking changing to the two hps may cool it a touch as hps run cooler than Metal halide. Im a bit stuck for ideas realy my back makes it hard for me to be drilling holes and things for inlets and im trying to keep it stealth too. Iv lifted the lights a few inches and fitted a louve vent on one wall. Hoping that does it because i can hardly walk now lol

Well shock shock horror this morning. My ducting had came off one of the cool tube and temps had soared to..... 103°
I quickly rectified this. At the moment im running one hps and one mh im thinking changing to the two hps may cool it a touch as hps run cooler than Metal halide. Im a bit stuck for ideas realy my back makes it hard for me to be drilling holes and things for inlets and im trying to keep it stealth too. Iv lifted the lights a few inches and fitted a louve vent on one wall. Hoping that does it because i can hardly walk now lol
Crap you an me had a bad start to the day then
macc I reckon that you will be fine the temps will go down again,, my first grow I used a 600w hps in a 60x60cm tent (present tent) and it was an auto that also went over the 100f mark. plus honestly my tent is nearly always at 85f
Hey real sorry to hear about yer back try a lil exercise a few yoga postures will maybe help,, some thing we share in common as Paddy has a very bad back
try not to let the temps phase you I think they will be OK :nomo:I have to go help her bake cake :helpsmilie:I feel I need a day or two of rest back soon brother an take care :peace:

Man Macca, I wish I could physically be there to help you by doing any of the labor you need done to rectify this problem.

Back
Top Bottom