1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

update...

Today I cut down 4 out of 8 of the oldest Smellyberry 2liters. The group of 8 is at 9 weeks 12/12. Trichomes were about 5% amber. Still not where I want it so I only took 4 of 8 to hedge my bets. I'll wack the last 4 of this group in 7-10 days.

This group of 8 was veg'd for 2 weeks. THey didn't grow much that two weeks as they were having some issues with unwashed coco. It was quickly rectified but it limey'd them up quite a bit. THey came back strong.

Here's some pictures of a pair of twins just before the wack. Blue Planet 2 part with Bloom Booster did its job. The only thing added was some occasional CAL/MAG plus and some molasses toward the last weeks of flowering. I also did a root drench with SNS 203 to control FUngas gnats. I am not absolutely positive but I think the SNS brittled up the leaves a bit. They had sheen to them toward the end. Where fans were blowing near the tops I had a little leaf breakage from being dried out a bit.

4_Smellyberry_2liter_9wk_harvest_001.JPG

4_Smellyberry_2liter_9wk_harvest_003.JPG

THe calyxes on Smellyberry are the biggest of any strain I have grown. You would swear there is seed in them but there is not. I have had peas that were smally than some of these calyxes on this strain.
4_Smellyberry_2liter_9wk_harvest_007zoom.jpg

Finally, I would like to thank all the people that helped teach me the 2 liter Hempy style of growing. Big Irish especially gave me a lot of help early on. It is appreciated very much. Its a fun quick way to grow.

Those look great!!!

Have you made a final decision on veg time yet? Was it worth it letting it go a bit longer?
In my grow I would consider switching to 12/12 now with the limited head room if I already had my BPN's, I am still going on only FF big bloom (the only organic one of the trio) and don't want to start flower without good nutes!! (the end of the month can not get hear quick enough)!

Anyways, enjoy the harvest, can't wait to hear how it all went!

While I was harvesting I though I would take a good look at the roots....

4_Smellyberry_2liter_9wk_harvest_009.JPG

I am not used to seeing anything but white roots. I gave the 2 liters 2 coats of paint... 3 coats where I thought they needed it. Twelve12 ? Do these look normal? Is this from llight getting to the roots?

could be signs the roots where on their last legs due to been root bound, never seen roots like that myself though so cant help mate, but ive not tried the 2ltr hempy grow yet, possibly will be with the new seeds i just soaked, the plant looked ok though didnt it, seems strange the roots look like that when the plant looked ok, have you ever looked at the roots at the end of a grow anyway to compare it against, could it be just the end of the plants life cycle and is what happens, would be good to find out though

All my grows up to this point have been soil. My soil roots have always been a bone white as they should be. THese look brown when I pulled them out.

Runoff was completely clear. I have read where roots will turn green if light hits them and that may be part of the problem. TWELVE12 come help.

Well guys/gals I bought my Vape. Due to the overwhelming positvie reveiws I bought the Herbal Air. On thier website they say the Chinese government purchased large quantitiies from them to test Chinese herbal medicine. The Chinese are reportedy thier #1 customer. These are "Scentific Grade" according to the website.

I purchased then newest 2.2 model. 2.2 has a lighting system that 2.1 does not have. A red Led comes on when it is warming up to temp while blue LEDs light the bottom like something out of Star Trek. Once the unit hits the desired temperature, the red LED turns green as does the 4 LEDS on th bottom. All systems go Captain.

I have never Vaped before! I am by myself. I am scared. What if take too much and pass out, or start a fire? All questions that haunted me until I read the instructions.

Just load up the removable crucible with a small piece. Do not grind it. I put a pea size peice if my ICE (indica strain) in the crucible, insterted the mouth peice and mouth peice extension. I put on the direct draw mouth piece, set he temp dial at 335F and let it sit until the lgiht show said it was ready. I didn't time it but I would say less than 2 mintues it was ready. My first thought was this air I am sucking is a litlle warm. THen I startd to pull some flavor. It kind of reminded me of the smell of canned peas when you open the can. Then the flavor mellowed. I can't realy describe it. I took 3 slow short pulls with 3 exhales, and turned it off. There is more left.

The buzz was not instantaneous. 3 quick puffs on a joint wont immediately get me high either. In a few minutes I had a light pleasant euphoria going on. It seems like it the same high with out the couchlock associated with this strain.

I picked up a les paul, and tried to play... fogetaboutit. To wasted for that. Unlike some, I can't play with a buzz.

I am going to let this high work for abit, try some more and report back a little later.

The Buzz is definitly different but good. I do feel like I am missing something in the buzz though. This will be a great alternative as I feel pretty energetic with a nice buzz on weed, that when smoked, definetly kicks you in the nuts and throws your butt to the couch.

I have read that you can alter the buzz based on the temperature as different things vaporize at different temps.

I don't have the normal dry throat which ironically I kind of miss. A buzz just isn't what it has always been and I'm not yet used it. I miss the taste of the smoke too, though I like the taste of the vapor.

The roots look like it was starving for oxygen. If you have the space, run a comparison test with coco coir and your soil 2L Hempy, you will noticed the coco will have whiter roots because the medium itself provided plenty of oyxygen and water retention to the root system. Perlite and vermiculite works the same. Soil holds water well but not enough air, and combined that with hempy style which leaves a small pool of water at the bottom will reduce the oxygen even more. Hence, you're seeing most of the brown happening in the lower region of where the pool of water (hempy) is. Soil gets its air exchange from water going in pulling air through as it leaves. With hempy it does not completely drain and the remaining water remains at the bottom. Reducing some of the oxygen exchange compare to the regular potting soil.

I'm no scientist but have seen roots devour oxygen that is why they thrive in hydroponic setup, and the video you've seen where Green House Seeds compare hydro and soil, hydro has much faster growth rate.

congrats on the new toy, and welcome to the wonderful world of vaping! I'm not sure why they recomend not to gring the herb, except that maybe this is not in consideration that you will be using canabis as the herb...I go back and forth between smoking, and vaping, because sometimes, you just want that thick smoke to roll off your tounge....The company that makes mine, recomends to gring the herb, to increase surface area and evenly heat the herb. Try it and see if you don't like it better. The herb will always seem "full", even when fully used up. It will only change to a light brown, then darker brown, a syou are only vaporizing the canibinoids off the plant material, rather than combusting the flower.
The high is definitely a little "cleaner", in my opinion...
The temp at which you vape does play a role in what kind of high you get, to some extent. The lower the temp, the more "up" the high...I personally like to vape very low, at around 290 degrees. OMM, who likes a more couchlock, goes full blast (Probably around 440 degrees) Thats why we used to refer to him as "Torch" lol...Then of course, he blew his up, that may be why lol...
Here is mine...
P5210004-2.JPG

Hey 70s grower!!! Your girls turned out excellent, never done the hempy style grow, but wow, truely amazing how large your girls got out of just 2 liter pots!!! amazing!! Also congrats on the vape purchase!! I also would recommend grinding up the herb first and see how it goes for your vape, I personally will grind my herb before vaping, seems to get more potent hits. Also, don't forget to get a jar, and save all your vaped weed, It makes excellent baking material since your THC has already been evaporated, whats left is the CBD which is for the couchlock feeling, excellent for some medical brownies :)

The roots look like it was starving for oxygen. If you have the space, run a comparison test with coco coir and your soil 2L Hempy, you will noticed the coco will have whiter roots because the medium itself provided plenty of oyxygen and water retention to the root system. Perlite and vermiculite works the same. Soil holds water well but not enough air, and combined that with hempy style which leaves a small pool of water at the bottom will reduce the oxygen even more. Hence, you're seeing most of the brown happening in the lower region of where the pool of water (hempy) is. Soil gets its air exchange from water going in pulling air through as it leaves. With hempy it does not completely drain and the remaining water remains at the bottom. Reducing some of the oxygen exchange compare to the regular potting soil.

I'm no scientist but have seen roots devour oxygen that is why they thrive in hydroponic setup, and the video you've seen where Green House Seeds compare hydro and soil, hydro has much faster growth rate.

The picture of the 2 liter was Coco Coir and Perlite with an inch or so of Hydroton at the very bottom. No soil was killed in the making of this medicine :) Maybe the Hydroton stole too much space, hence the oxygen starvation.

Thanks for the ananysis!

Quixilver... I really like the wood construction on your vape. That would look perfect in my loft and I'm sure would be quite functional too. I will try grinding and see what difference there is.

Big Irish... I will be watching your journals for pictures of a bong. Thats another purchase I need to make. I have a small glass one that does the job, but I want a chambered set up. Unfortunately they are not cheap.

Deege.... Thanks for the compliments

ICEMUD... Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the compliments. The 2 liter experiment was a good one for me. I was suprised at the yield. When dry these things tip right over as you can't stand them up on there own. I am looking forward to getting a dry weight.

Back
Top Bottom