1970s' Blue Planet Organic Soil - Smellyberry - Super Lemon Haze - Vanilla Kush

Sounds like plan to me 1970 :high-five:

Hope your feeling OK.......Thats all we old guys can ask for. :thumb:

Think Gramps is the sameway being all old and stuff? haha :)

great plants 1970! they look awesome!! :welldone:

I have never vaped. Didn't even know it existed until I signed on here last August.

I love the taste of joint best, then pipe. I use a bong when I want a shit faced indica buzz to sleep with.

Some questions about vaping come to mind... Is there taste? Does it take more or less bud for the same effect?

vaping is one of the best tasting ways to get your thc
the high is still amazing
if you got the temp right you can actually get more out of it
and alot of times you still can squeez out a bit more by cooking it in oil for brownies( leftover vape stuff)
i mean in the beggining i felt like i was wasting it seeing all that leftover vape stuff being thrown away but you actually can get more out of it.
and you dont inhale all the bad stuff that comes with smoking it.
you ever look inside the the pipe after a few hits?
or in the bong bowl stem?
nasty stuff
the worse it looks vaping is honey oil..........
it depends on what your using to vape with
if you using one of those vapes that u need a whip after awhile theres some honey oil rolling around in the tubing of the whip
if you using something like a volcano you clean it more often and you dont use a whip so you dont see the oil, but when you clean it the alchohol has either that honey color or green color, easier to clean if you soak it for a few minutes and you can see the resin oil that came off the equipment.
hope that help you on your question...........:thumb:

oh and by the way dont ever try to smoke that leftover vaping material
all youll get is a nasty headache
but as i mentioned if you have enough of it left make some cooking oil and brownies

I like the vape but I would never get rid of the bong or Job 1.5's
The taste of the vaped cannabis is good but it is never the same as a hit from a freshly
cleaned water bong with a bowl full of sour diesel.

I have no doubts that vaping cannabis is a healthier way to smoke but still I wonder if the other chemicals besides THC,CBD,CBN are also vaporized as well. Either way it does eliminate the carcinogens associated with putting a flame to that bowl or joint.
:peace:

1970s Grower said:
I have never vaped. Didn't even know it existed until I signed on here last August.

I love the taste of joint best, then pipe. I use a bong when I want a shit faced indica buzz to sleep with.

Some questions about vaping come to mind... Is there taste? Does it take more or less bud for the same effect?

I think great tasting weed tastes much better vaporized, personally. Conversely, i prefer smoking over vaping with poor weed, as it seems like you really get the truest flavor with vaping. Don't get me wrong, I still like bong once in a while, but going to it less and less as time goes on. I'll never go back to smoking it. I really like vaping - and I agree that it makes your herb go farther too. Biggest benefits in my opinion:

Better taste (to me)
Healthier
Herb lasts longer (I get high using less material)
Virtually no odor (MUCH stealthier, clothes don't reek)

The high is close to the same, but I feel like its just a little different. I tend to get more of the paranoia thing with smoking than with vaping, for example.

I think great tasting weed tastes much better vaporized, personally. Conversely, i prefer smoking over vaping with poor weed, as it seems like you really get the truest flavor with vaping. Don't get me wrong, I still like bong once in a while, but going to it less and less as time goes on. I'll never go back to smoking it. I really like vaping - and I agree that it makes your herb go farther too. Biggest benefits in my opinion:

Better taste (to me)
Healthier
Herb lasts longer (I get high using less material)
Virtually no odor (MUCH stealthier, clothes don't reek)

The high is close to the same, but I feel like its just a little different. I tend to get more of the paranoia thing with smoking than with vaping, for example.

yea if your still smoking you notice there is a difference on the high vaping but if you only vape and then you smoke in my opinion i like vaping better, do smoke once in a great while but after all the time vaping i prefer the vaping
and it tastes sooo good
and your right about the odor, i mean there is a smell in the room your vaping in open a window for a couple minutes its gone and your clothes dont reek.:thumb:

Chronichempdog, xlr8, gittergreen....

Thanks for the insight on vaping. I am going to have order one and see for myself.

Now I need to figure out how do the act of vaping itself. ....researching...

:thanks:

Hi Buddy! My friend THsea and I do it all. He has a theory that each way has it's own way of getting you high. When he comes over, we Vape, smoke a joint, and have a pipe full....if we are still able to move, we do it again!:high-five:

Holy smoke... err.. vapor I mean.... The volcano is expensive!

From what I gather it blows up a balloon and you suck vapor out of the balloon. I have seen some with valve and some without. Some with whips and some without. I assume you need a valve. I need to go to a headshop and have someone educate me.

Still many questions in my mind on this... just not sure what they are yet.

wow..great looking outcome 70's..:thumb:..i needed to catch up on here..thank's for all the talk on vaporizers and that's the way to go,specially for health reasons..nothing wrong with sitting on the deck blazing one away though...and yes,ciggy's bad..i quit when i couldn't walk across my garage..couldn't breathe..lung issues..which makes it hard to smoke our favorite topic at times..i can't touch a bong,forget it.. i'm rambling..good grow man..tally ho..

Holy smoke... err.. vapor I mean.... The volcano is expensive!

From what I gather it blows up a balloon and you suck vapor out of the balloon. I have seen some with valve and some without. Some with whips and some without. I assume you need a valve. I need to go to a headshop and have someone educate me.

Still many questions in my mind on this... just not sure what they are yet.

There are 2 primary ways of vaporizing (excluding portable vaporizers).

The first is with a "bag" and the Volcano is the hands down champ for that style vaporizer. Definitely the one to get if you think you'd like that and can afford it. Basically, you fill a little plastic baggy/baloon up with cannabis vapor, and then suck it out. Honestly, this method has never appealed to me much, but then I haven't tried it either. People who have Volcanos always seem to like them though.

The second way of vaporizing is the "whip" style vaporizers. There is essentially a "bowl" of herb that you hold to a hot element sort of thing, and the bowl is attached to a whip with a mouthpiece. You simply inhale through the mouthpiece while you hold the "bowl" to the heating element. This seemed more appealing to me, so I personally chose this style. The one I have is from a company called 7th Floor, and is called the "Silver Surfer". I like it a lot. Willie Nelson owns one and I figured, if it's good enough for Willie, it's good enough for me! ;)

There is a vaporizer, I have not tried it, called the Arizer Extreme that I've heard is decent and can do either whip or bag style vaping. My understanding is that this is a pretty decent vape too, but again I haven't tried it myself.

Basically, the whip style vaporizers work by inhaling with a long consistent draw - the strength with which you draw air (inhale) will play a role in how well it vapes. A little trial and error, and in a day or so you will have the right understanding of the proper inhale strength. It's hard to explain even for the manufacturers, but that's the jist of it. When the bowl is "toast" it will start to taste a little nutty or different (in my experience) and take on a browner or golden color. Again, trial and error gets you to the right spot pretty quickly here.

I also own a "portable" vaporizer - the "Magic Flight Launch Box". It's awesome as it fits in my pocket, can be used in fairly public places due to virtually no odor. I did a little review on it here:

Got this new toy today:

:love:Magic Flight Launch Box::love:
magic_flight_launch.jpg

magic_flight_launch2.jpg

My wife and I have been talking about getting one of these for a while, and she surprised me completely by buying this on her own and bringing it home tonight. The Magic Flight Launch Box is a really cool portable vaporizer, and I've heard some good things about it from a couple of friends and the folks at the local headshop. It's powered by a rechargeable AA battery (comes with 2 of them) and you just push the battery into the hole on the side until it touches the battery contact inside.

As I understand it, you just load the bowl with ground herb, push the battery against the contact and hold it until a vapor builds in the bowl compartment and inhale. It's small enough to fit in your pocket, and should be a perfect way to vape on the go.

I'm charging the batteries as we speak (wife was smart and bought a bunch of extra batteries and a charger with it, too). I'll let you know my impressions of it once I get an opportunity to try it - hopefully later tonight!

It's also available from a 420magazine sponsor, ezvapes.com:

MFLB - Magic Flight Launch Box - Portable Vaporizers - EZVapes.com

Finally, Bassplayer (whatever happened to Bassplayer?) did a review on the Magic Flight Launch Box earlier this year:

Magic Flight Launch Box Vaporizer - 420 Product Review

I also have a Silver Surfer vaporizer as my home daily use unit, and it's made me a convert to vaping for sure. It's gonna rock having a portable one to take to A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas in 3D... ;)

Anybody else have one of these? Any tips/whaddya think about it?

Initial impressions of the Magic Flight Launch Box...

Last night we broke out our new portable vape to see if it was gonna work for us.

It's a much different experience than the Silver Surfer, which - to me, is a better overall vaping experience. But... It should be. The Silver Surfer is far from portable, plugs into an outlet, and is a sturdy machine for the home.

Having said that, the Launch Box worked and worked well. It took me a minute to get the nuance of the proper draw speed and how long to heat the chamber before inhaling, but once I got the hang of it the hits were clean and smooth - and surprisingly effective. I didn't get to test it as much as I'd planned, because I got good and stoned in the process and melted into the sofa.

I really see the value of this for it's portability. It's not much bigger than the AA battery that powers it. It's small enough to slip in your pocket, and would be perfect for anything on the go. Combined with the vaping benefit of virtually zero lingering odor, this device opens up a world of possibilities. I thought it was interesting reading the customer quotes on the literature in the package - one of them read, "I used it in the movie theater!" I think you could probably get away with using it in the movie theater. Very little odor, small, discreet -- perfect travel companion!

We were able to get several hits before the battery lost enough charge to properly vape. It's a gradual process, by which the hits take a bit longer to build a vapor in the chamber as the battery loses some power. I should note that my wife got the hang of it much quicker than me (I burned some bud my first attempt - doh!). We were both pretty stoned before one battery ran out. (It comes with 2, plus a rapid charger). We also got an additional smart charger and batteries, just in case...

Anyway, just wanted to share my initial impressions on the Magic Flight Launch Box:

I give it 2 thumbs up and a permagrin - my "highest" rating! :thumb: :thumb: :)

xlr8... I can't tell you how much this clears up/helps me. Thank you so much!

One last question... With my arthritis my ribcage is fused. I don't get the lung expansion that most do. My pipe hits are short but full with smoke. WIth the whip type, it appears that long draws are necessary. Is there a large volume of inhaled vapor required per toke?

I think the lunch box is awesome. If vaping works for me I will definitely want one of those.

xlr8... I can't tell you how much this clears up/helps me. Thank you so much!

One last question... With my arthritis my ribcage is fused. I don't get the lung expansion that most do. My pipe hits are short but full with smoke. WIth the whip type, it appears that long draws are necessary. Is there a large volume of inhaled vapor required per toke?

I think the lunch box is awesome. If vaping works for me I will definitely want one of those.

On my Silver Surfer I take a pretty deep hit, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I'm able to - so I do, sort of thing. I think 2 smaller hits would work as well, for example. Or, at slightly higher temperatures, or with slower draw, it seems to vaporize more quickly, too, which would work. I really think you would find a happy spot with it, ultimately, but it took us a few days, maybe a week to have it really dialed in. The practice has fringe benefits, too, haha. ;)

Either a shorter whip or a bagstyle might be worth considering given your condition. The whips can be be cut down shorter (I cut one of ours down). If getting something other than a portable, don't go too cheap or at least read up on the reviews good, first.

The portable MFLB (Magic Flight Launch Box) is pretty good with only a short, pipelike hit, though you can take a longer one too. I like it quite a bit, I should share that my wife loves it - even better than our bigger Silver Surfer unit.

Whats up 70'sGrower!!! wow all this talk about vapes, made me pull mine out to toast to vaping :) I have a cheaper model which I like a lot, its the vapeair one, goes for around a Benjamin and I have the bags that you can buy separate.

It works great, lets you dial in what temperature, very important if your interested in the medical value, because THC and CBD have different vaporization points so depending on what use you are trying to get, whether you want the high type feeling, or the more couch lock pain relief feeling, you need to set the dial differently. Don't exactly quote me on the numbers but I believe THC has a vaporization point of around 350F and CBD has one around 430F so if you have a temperature dial its easier to set your effect. I like the one I have and so far I use it quite a bit, not as simple to use as the box models like the hotbox ones with the glass pieces and tubing, but IMO tastes better than the box style ones. Ive never used a volcano, but heard really good things :) Alright, time to put on my vape cape!!! and fly away :)

I stopped at the local head shop to see what they have and get an education. They say they are selling the most of the Herbal Aire. It does bag, whip, and direct draw. Its $250 roughly and has a 3 year warantee and is made by our good friends to the north.

I've checking reviews and its highly rated. The only downside is that its not as fast as the volcano but it can be if you purchase a bigger pump.

Thanks for everyones help.. I will probably make a descision today.

Back
Top Bottom