420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14

Ok we on our way.

I haven't started a new journal for quite some time so bear with me.

Received the seeds from Weed Seed Express in about a week time from ship to shore here in Upstate NY. I'm WAY out in the country too so very surprised on how quick I got the seed packs. Seriously thats as fast as any USA breeders or even faster actually so very happy about that.

Thanks and shout out to @Weed Seeds Express for the kindness.
Thanks again to @420 for setting up this comparative grow and inviting me along for the ride.

Yeah so seeds are a soakin.

My Setup:

Soil - Organic no-till water only. I mixed a new batch about 2 yards worth and will be using the new batch mixed in with some of the older soil I have that's about 6 years old now. The older soil usually does better for me than a new mix. It usually takes 2 rounds of flowers to really get the soil cranking and why I will mix in some of my older soil to help with populating the micro-herd.

SOIL
I use Coots Mix - its pretty basic. THE most important ingredient is free - home made Vermi-compost.

I'll be running in a 5x5 Mars Hydro tent - its in the mail.

For lighting just gonna go with a 10w led 4K bulb for seedlings until hardened off.

Then we will decide what VEG/Flower lighting to use when I need to. Still gotta few weeks to go before I need to set it up. Pics to come on that.

Water:

I use RO water probably be setting up an automated watering system like I usually do. So all I gotta do is a weekly IPM (integrated pest management) foliar and check for pests and take pics of the progress.

Environment:

Solar powered 27KW of badass panels - a field full and they charge batteries in case we go off grid for some odd reason. Solar powers our Geothermal cooling and heating and lighting. We have 2 air handler/exchange units that we can dial in the temps and RH.

Thats about it for now. Sitting here tap tap taping waiting for tap roots.

I soak my beans in a water/peroxide mix about 3:1 ratio of water:peroxide.

2 reasons for this. Peroxide will kill bacteria/viruses from human handling of the seeds. And peroxide helps with seed germination. There's some science behind the peroxide or h2o2 that helps with germination rates and seedling success.

The water/H2o2 method super-seedes (<-- see what I did there) other germination methods.
Its the seedling stage that is my challenge.

Good luck everybody. This is going to be fun as there are a lot of skilled growers in this group and I'm excited and thankful that I am able to participate :Namaste: and be a part of the whole.

Thanks again to all the sponsors that are also participating. Without them we woodn't be here.

Also gotta give a BIG thanks to @Norcaliwood for the shout out for this grow. Woody rocks.

Here's a bit on the science behind H2o2 and seed germination:

Role of H2O2 in pea seed germination
I used a 10:1 ratio of water/Peroxide on my GSC seeds and had a 100% germination rate!

Just swinging by to say hello. Congrats on the nice seedlings! They all look very happy! Sorry to hear about a driver/LED issue. hope you can get it resolved :)

Bob i just reread that first post of yours. solar and geothermal? Color me green with envy.
Was installed by previous owner he and his wife got tired of chopping wood to heat the house. They only did it cause this was their forever home.

Health got in the way.

Yeah so I walked in saw the gear
Sold.

Imma gonna switch the 2 electric heaters to something better. They draw more amps than the lights. Sadly. Not sure what I'm going to switch to tho.

I have extras of most everything cause you never known.

3 things I always keep on hand:

Lights
Timers
Soil

Ok so the boring seedling stage is over.

I've set up my new 5x5 tent with the new MarsHydro FC-E6500.

650w of BridgeLux goodness. They pretty bright.

I just filled the 5x5 with some young ladies.

GSC #1-#5

Here we go

20210526_161320.jpg

20210526_161313.jpg

20210526_161307.jpg

20210526_155518.jpg

Just a side note.

I plant on the full moon cycle.

Tonight is a super blood flower moon with a total lunar eclipse.

It's the night gypsies are born. Orange and red moon tonight.

I do it this way more for the ease of remembering times.
Flip to flower on the full moon. So I start checking for ripeness for harvest coming into a full moon.

Its 60 days to the 2nd full moon which is tonight.

I'm looking hard at this lady
she's been in flower 60 days today.

I'mma slacker.... get some pics up here in a few.

Been outside gardening getting plants planted since it went from winter to summer ... planted part of my outdoor crop and then it went back to winter again. 2 of the 4 girls are not liking the cold. They will get over it. We have several months.

GSC plants are growing pretty fast now.

I turned the new MarsHydro lamp up almost full tilt but dialed it back to about 75%.

I'm getting almost no heat from it which it actually amazing. I don't have any exhaust set up yet in the new 5X5 tent and even shut up at 75% no heat same temps inside as outside the tent. Thats excellent and impressive.

Pics here's some for ya.

Last 2

First is a mutation from a plant that all the fan leaves have buds growing out of the fan leaves.
Man soo glad I didnt defoil. Lol

Last one clones shipped in from Cali = Triangle Kush gift from a friend.

20210528_171309.jpg

20210528_171252.jpg

20210528_171222.jpg

20210528_171215.jpg

20210527_120433.jpg

20210529_103916.jpg

They a little yellow that was due to not transplanting them out of solo cups soon enough.

Those pics are a few days old I'll get some more tonight before lights out. They look much happier now and doubling in size too which I like to see.

Today pics - GSC #3 looks a little locked up. I'm gonna let it ride. She was like that in solo cup. She's only been in her new home for not even a week.

Inna few more days I'll be cleaning out the lower growth for better air flow and get the leaves off the soil.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the growth and vigor. Plants look good.

I'll be setting up an new water reservoir and go automated watering. I need to build a little stage for the res to sit on since its gravity fed it needs to be about 4-8" off the floor.

Anyways here are the girls today. GSC #1-5

20210531_105406.jpg

20210531_105400.jpg

20210531_105353.jpg

20210531_105347.jpg

20210531_105338.jpg

Back
Top Bottom