Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

I think i might have a slight problem with my ventilation..
It's getting pretty hot in there (how hot i cant measure, cause i broke my thermometer) but mainly around the top of the room.
In the bottom its pretty cool, and i can feel a noticable difference..
I have 1x PC-fan for active intake, and 1x PC-fan for my outtake-duct, with my odor control-box on the other side of the wall.
what i've been reading around is that, maybe i should add my intake fan to the odor control-box instead? Get more outtake than intake, and just make my intake as passive vents without fans? Possibly cut another hole, so i've got 2 passive intake vents, and 1 active outtake, with 2 fans mounted, 1 on each end of the ducting? How does that sound?
Any ideas guys?

I think i might have a slight problem with my ventilation..
It's getting pretty hot in there (how hot i cant measure, cause i broke my thermometer) but mainly around the top of the room.
In the bottom its pretty cool, and i can feel a noticable difference..
I have 1x PC-fan for active intake, and 1x PC-fan for my outtake-duct, with my odor control-box on the other side of the wall.
what i've been reading around is that, maybe i should add my intake fan to the odor control-box instead? Get more outtake than intake, and just make my intake as passive vents without fans? Possibly cut another hole, so i've got 2 passive intake vents, and 1 active outtake, with 2 fans mounted, 1 on each end of the ducting? How does that sound?
Any ideas guys?

Away... Not sure how I can help but if you post the actual temps it would help the SME's when trying to figure it out. I can tell you this....anny changes I've made where gradual till I got things figured out.

Jus sayin is all.... Good luck.

Renegade

Away... Not sure how I can help but if you post the actual temps it would help the SME's when trying to figure it out. I can tell you this....anny changes I've made where gradual till I got things figured out.

Jus sayin is all.... Good luck.

Renegade

Thanks for reply mate..
I cant post my tempts untill i get a new thermometer, (broke the one i had intended, in the beginning)
But yeah im keeping things as they are for now, cause it's been working out so far, besides from the heat in the top of the container.. I just want to optimize it all as much as i can, so my babies can have optimal conditions :)

- got another lady coming over this weekend by the way.. ;)

Drive-by. The cabinet looks good!

In regards to the heat it best to have filter/exhaust at the top as high as you can to suck out the odor and heat. The intake is best at the bottom of the cabinet because temps are always coolest near the floor. If you have already set it up this way then maybe increase the speed of the fan or get a faster fan.

Thanks for reply mate..
I cant post my tempts untill i get a new thermometer, (broke the one i had intended, in the beginning)
But yeah im keeping things as they are for now, cause it's been working out so far, besides from the heat in the top of the container.. I just want to optimize it all as much as i can, so my babies can have optimal conditions :)

- got another lady coming over this weekend by the way.. ;)

I fully agree with optimizing. Who's the new gurl/Strain? And it's been awhile since I've been over here and just saw your updated pics. Your on your way...LOL.

Renegade

Drive-by. The cabinet looks good!

In regards to the heat it best to have filter/exhaust at the top as high as you can to suck out the odor and heat. The intake is best at the bottom of the cabinet because temps are always coolest near the floor. If you have already set it up this way then maybe increase the speed of the fan or get a faster fan.

Thanks for the comment ^^
I've already got intake at the bottom, outtake/filter at the top. And i think you're right. There's simply not enough air exiting the room.
I might buy a small clip fan and use as exhaust instead, and bring the pc-fan inside the room as circulation.
the intake is working just great though, it's even giving enough circulation to help the ladies make stems hehe.. :Namaste:

I fully agree with optimizing. Who's the new gurl/Strain? And it's been awhile since I've been over here and just saw your updated pics. Your on your way...LOL.

Renegade

Thanks for checkin back ;)
The new girl is Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, from Sensi Seeds!
A friend of mine has got a nice grow in his basement, and he's got a clone bagged up for me. So im going there tommorow to pick her up and 8 liters of soil (his own mix) to transplant her when i get home. :)
She will be the girl i will focus all my energy on for this grow, and the other 4 ladies will be put outside before i flip the light switch.
That's my plan for now at least :tokin:

Update time! :cheer:

I've made a slight update to my room as you may be able to see on the following pictures ^^
Mylar! Woop woop :thumb:
aaaaaand....

Today my new lady arrived, and i am so excited! :)
She's overall looking great and healthy, but i noticed a slight yellowing/curling on a few leafs.
she's already been rooted, and today she was transplanted into this bucket (looks like its around 5-6 liters).
In a week or two i have been told i can transplant her into my final pot ( 11 liters )..

Ed Rosenthal Super Bud, ladies and gentlemen!

IMG_136918.JPG

IMG_136821.JPG

IMG_136615.JPG
IMG_136714.JPG
IMG_136419.JPG
IMG_136515.JPG

The yellowing leaf, any ideas what it is, should i worry? (this is the only real yellowing leaf, the rest of the leaves were just a little dirty when i took the pictures, they arent actually spotted or decloured or anything)

IMG_137021.JPG

Now the adventure begins!
I have a few questions for you:

1: When do i start LST-ing?
2: How long do you guys reckon it needs in vege from here on, till i make the switch?
3: When do i start to feed her fertilisers?

I had a pretty clear plan with seedlings, but now i have a clone and i am not entirely sure how to treat her, to make her thrive!

Also here's the Bagseed babies:
IMG_137422.JPG
IMG_137516.JPG
IMG_137120.JPG
IMG_137221.JPG

Away....

Is that the LED's I see?

I haven't started playing with clones yet so I'll defer to the SME's that are watching your progress.

In my opinion...regarding LST, I wouldn't mess with her till she recovers from the move. She looks like she needs nute's that may be why the yellowing. I would start her on them now. Does she have a root system started? If she's got roots then she can eat.

Wait for one of the others to respond, I don't want to steer you wrong.

Renegade

Away....

Is that the LED's I see?

I haven't started playing with clones yet so I'll defer to the SME's that are watching your progress.

In my opinion...regarding LST, I wouldn't mess with her till she recovers from the move. She looks like she needs nute's that may be why the yellowing. I would start her on them now. Does she have a root system started? If she's got roots then she can eat.

Wait for one of the others to respond, I don't want to steer you wrong.

Renegade

Affirmative. The "purple" pictures are taken with the LED on! :)
Even tho you are not certain, i'm glad to hear your oppinion, it can only be more certified than mine at this point! :Namaste:

the soil is your friends own mix id ask him what he does as far as feeding goes maybe he mixes his soil so he doesn't have to feed
but just water
best to find out what in his soil that the plant is in before you decide to feed it nutes
you can start lst from when its teeny tiny
as far as how long you need to veg will depend on how big you want the plant
since it is a clone it wont stretch as much as a seed plant when put into flowering schedule
especially if the mother is old and established (shows sex)
ok but subbed Happy Freeweed day Away :thumb:

the soil is your friends own mix id ask him what he does as far as feeding goes maybe he mixes his soil so he doesn't have to feed
but just water
best to find out what in his soil that the plant is in before you decide to feed it nutes
since it is a clone it wont stretch as much as a seed plant when put into flowering schedule

And that's why I deferred to the professionals...lol.

Did even enter my mind about what may already be in the soil.

Renegade

:popcorn: Will go through the whole journal later Away.

Just did a complete read Away. Another thing that can give you problems is those see-through containers you're using. Roots Do Not Like Light! You'll want to cover those with duct tape or something or change the containers. Not to bad a start here.

You should join us this Sunday. The details are below in my Signature.

but just water

All i know right now is that his soil is pretty drainy, and he feeds them often.. I'll get back with some more detailed info on the soil, and his nutes later today if possible. ;)
The motherplant is 6 years old i believe i've heard him say. She's pretty sturdy ^^
I've now tied a little string to pull her down a little bit. very gently for now.
Thanks alot for checking my journal mate, appreciate it!
and happy saturday! :)

Away, Ed's strain. Have experience with it? I see it is a 50/50 strain. You had a cloned shipped to you?

Hi Jaamz! ;)
Personally i dont have any experience at all man..
I have a friend who grows this strain on the 6th year or something like that.
I had him drive it up to me. ( 45 minutes drive, so no biggie)
Thanks for popping in.

Just did a complete read Away. Another thing that can give you problems is those see-through containers you're using. Roots Do Not Like Light! You'll want to cover those with duct tape or something or change the containers. Not to bad a start here.

You should join us this Sunday. The details are below in my Signature.

Hey B A R!
Thanks alot for reading along man, glad to have pro's like you and chronic in here! :)
About the plastic bottle containers.. i read that roots dont like light a few days ago and got them taped up right away! i think you can see it on the second last picture in my last picture update:)
It's not something i would of considered if i didnt stumble across it though, so thanks alot for bringing that to my attention. ;)

What's going on sunday? i'll check out the link in your signature mate :thumb:

It's self explanatory If you read my sig. If you want a better understanding here's a "link" to the last episode.

It's self explanatory If you read my sig. If you want a better understanding here's a "link" to the last episode.

Looks fun.. And super hard! :)
I'll do my best to make it bro, if not for reps/prices then atleast for knowledge :high-five:

Edit:
Looking at the time differences thats around midnight for me, which may be a little too late.. :/
I've got work monday morning

Back
Top Bottom