Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

I haven't really given up drinking, but seldom do anymore. I brew my own hard cider sometimes, but mostly I just drink water, coffee, and juice these days. Seems to be more my speed. :rofl:

There's nothing wrong with a little sociable drinking.
Not at all.. i just dont get drunk often.. I dont mind a little wine for my food, or a beer after work though ;)

I haven't really given up drinking, but seldom do anymore. I brew my own hard cider sometimes, but mostly I just drink water, coffee, and juice these days. Seems to be more my speed. :rofl:

Coffee is one of my all time favorites.. :) Not very healthy but i cant help it.. hehe.

Hey I subbed. I would of subbed earlier but I am subbed to 91 grow journals. Anyways im gonna read from the start and go from there :)

With me if you give me two shots right now, I'd turn into the Tasmanian Devil.
On the other hand give me two hits and I'm like Denis Leary. he says "my eyes are red, my teeth are green, and merry f*n Christmas!" One of the best stand ups I've ever seen! he goes into talking about making a bong outta some guys head!

Happy tokin Tuesday:joint:

Back when I was in the navy We would mix coffee,hot chocolate,ice cream and a spoon of sugar. It was called a ricky rocket. Ricky is what they called recruits in bootcamp. Anyways, it would keep up the energy for the marching drill days where we marched 25 miles. So it works great.

Also I read from the beginning. Sucks about you breaking your thermometer hope you got a new one by now. If you are doing a low budget grow how or why did you invest in a led? How do you power a pc fan that isnt attached to a computer ive wondered that before but didnt ask because I built a few gaming rigs before but those arent to hard since the connectors are included in most cases. I will say you are very fortunate to have someone near to get clones from and advice and all that. I dont have to many friends off the net because whenever i trust someone enough to consider them a friend they cheat me or steal or some b.s not worth the drama.

Oh another thing urine does work. No dont piss right on the plant you will scorch the hell out of it. Mix it with a lot of water. Ive done this 3 times the first time I burnt the plant so I stopped using a full pee stream and just pissed half of it in the toilet haha. It may sound gross but is it really any worse then bat shit or worm shit? Also you can not use human shit cat shit or dog shit as the bacteria in it would just be a nightmare for your plants plus I dont know about you but I have no interest in feeding my plants gmo through fecal matter. Just my 2 pennies.

Hi Away.
I'm all caught up with your journal and subbed, your bagseed seedlings are looking real good so far. I've never grown in soil but I wouldn't worry to much about having to wait a few of days to get nutes, the clone should be fine.
Good luck with your grow. :thumb:

With me if you give me two shots right now, I'd turn into the Tasmanian Devil.
On the other hand give me two hits and I'm like Denis Leary. he says "my eyes are red, my teeth are green, and merry f*n Christmas!" One of the best stand ups I've ever seen! he goes into talking about making a bong outta some guys head!

Happy tokin Tuesday:joint:
Haha havent seen that! Sounds like a bong i'd toke :)

Half coffee half hot chocolate is the shit
Woah i must try this! :high-five:

Also I read from the beginning. Sucks about you breaking your thermometer hope you got a new one by now. If you are doing a low budget grow how or why did you invest in a led? How do you power a pc fan that isnt attached to a computer ive wondered that before but didnt ask because I built a few gaming rigs before but those arent to hard since the connectors are included in most cases. I will say you are very fortunate to have someone near to get clones from and advice and all that. I dont have to many friends off the net because whenever i trust someone enough to consider them a friend they cheat me or steal or some b.s not worth the drama.

Thanks for subscribing dude, and no worries.. 91 threads is alot to keep up with! :)
Theres two reasons why i chose LED over HPS for example:
1: HPS gets twice as hot and i'd need another fan+vent for it to be cooled off. The LED's dont even get hot to the touch, and it's got fans inside the interior, to cool it.
2: A 400W HPS will draw around 400W.. My 400W LED draws about 170-210W :)

How to power a pc-fan..
take a 12v pc-fan and an old usb cable that you dont need anymore.
Cut the USB cable at the opposite end of the usb port. Take the + and - wires and connect them with the + and - on the fan. (+ and - were the red and black wires on both of my fans. Even if you dont have red/black, you just try till it works. There's only 1 + and 1 -)
Then you take an adaptor, like for example the ones on the iphone chargers, and plug it all in. voila. :high-five:

And yes i'm very fortunate man, very glad i've got his help! :)
But he doesnt have the opportunity to come up here and help me out everytime i need something, sadly.. so i'm just as happy that i've got all of you guys ;)

Oh another thing urine does work. No dont piss right on the plant you will scorch the hell out of it. Mix it with a lot of water. Ive done this 3 times the first time I burnt the plant so I stopped using a full pee stream and just pissed half of it in the toilet haha. It may sound gross but is it really any worse then bat shit or worm shit? Also you can not use human shit cat shit or dog shit as the bacteria in it would just be a nightmare for your plants plus I dont know about you but I have no interest in feeding my plants gmo through fecal matter. Just my 2 pennies.

LOL i didnt realise there was a page 7 till i posted that last comment. :laughtwo::rofl:
Honestly i dont feel too secure about using my own LOL.. i read that you're supposed to be a healthy individual in order for the pee to be good for your plants, rather than harmfull :)
but i might try it out one day, just for the experience haha :)
Hey at least we know how to still grow some weed after the zombie apocalypse. :rofl:
:rofl: if we're still here after the zombie apocalypse :rip::rip::rip:

Hi Away.
I'm all caught up with your journal and subbed, your bagseed seedlings are looking real good so far. I've never grown in soil but I wouldn't worry to much about having to wait a few of days to get nutes, the clone should be fine.
Good luck with your grow. :thumb:

Thank you man and welcome ;)
So far she's looking all good atleast, so i'm starting to feel at ease about the whole nute situation :high-five:

Do you happen to have a ppm meter to measure nutes or a soil and water ph meter?

I think my digital ph meter was $17 at the local indoor growing store. I used to use these crappy little capsules that you would put in a small plastic container with some of the water and soil and then match the color to the chart to get the ph. It was a really shitty system and i felt it wasnt to accurate. With the digital ph meter all you I had to do was put it in 7.01 ph solution to calibrate then adjust a screw inside for the ph to read 7.01 and then put it in 4.01 solution and do the same. It saves me so much time and hassle though.

Yeah all them journals are a lo to keep up with but I dont mind really wish I had time for more but I feel im on this site a lot as it is and unfortunately it is starting to effect my own grow but I try to make the time for everything. Have a good day. I will be around

Back
Top Bottom